Monday, September 26, 2011

LiFE ... is what you make it!

I think MOTHER TERESA has a pretty good recipe for LiFE!


Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is Life, fight for it.



My
"LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"
mug is filled with green tea!
Today's SEIZE THE DAY calendar page says this...
"By forgiving we release and open a space in our hearts
 for something wonderful to grow."


SHUFFLE is almost saying...
"AHHHH... This is the LIFE!"
in her facial expression. 

This picture looks like MARIAH is saying
"LOVIN this LIFE!"
This was last night as we enjoyed the beautiful fall weather.


Beau is LOVIN LIFE  and his bottle
in the comfort of his mommy's arms 


Mariah last week on her way to Dancing.
She was loving the little buddies I recently found in the garage.
She is giving them new LIFE here in the spotlite of the flashlight! 


My little BEAU- MAN/ BATMAN!
He is looking like is loves LIFE where ever he is not supposed to be.
He just climbs right up on the computer table now!!! 


BEAU here the other night in the tub...
Living LIFE in the BUBBLES...
(is it a co-incidence that the little devil is floating above his head???!) 


Shuffle this morning on a beautiful fall walk.
Both her and I were enjoying LIFE and all it's AUTUMN SPLENDOR!


Just one of the many photos I snapped along the way this morning...
Colorific! 


It's a beautiful LIFE in my own backyard even!!!


This morning as I wondered what theme to write my blog about, I noticed the
MOTHER TERESA
recipe for life above...
and thought LIFE was a good title!

I was reminded that yesterday would have been the 11 month anniversary of mom's passing. She passed away due to severe dementia.

This morning I received an informative email forward from my sweet Auntie Betty in Chicago.
This forward stated things to help  prevent some of life's aging diseases such as Dementia.
In short... here are the list of 10...
1. Drink 3 to 5 cups of coffee per day.
2.Floss your teeth daily
3.Google info on subjects that interest you to stay informed.
4.Do 30 minutes of aerobic type activity daily,
and eat salmon and vitamin B
5.Drink apple juice for better memory
6. Protect your head from all injuries
7.Meditate... do yoga
8.Get your daily Vitamin D (800-200 IU of D3)
9. Fill your brain with purpose
10. Avoid infection

I found all of the above to be very informative. I was pleased to know I am doing many of the above listed suggestions!

This morning on my beautiful walk with Shuffle, I decided to take my little pocket camera along to capture some of the beauty out there... such a great walk it was, and made me feel so grateful on so many levels.

I went to a class at the gym, too... and was so surprised there were only 3 people in the class today. I guess everyone is out enjoying this wonderful  autumn we are experiencing.
I was glad I had gone to the gym, none the less... the class was awesome!

On saturday we looked after Beau while Jana and Nels took Mariah to the LION KING movie in 3D. It was great apparently,
and a win-win for all!
We loved every minute of our little mischievous BEAU... he is lots of fun and keeps us on our toes because he is a real little goer now. He is the perfect example of one who
LOVES LIFE!

Last night we had the family over for a delicious barbeque, and to be enjoying it out on the deck in the evening of late
September is really something.
Life really is good.

Tomorrow is a date I still remember every year.
September 27th, 1973
was the date I met my hubby on a blind date!
That was a very special day in my LIFE!

"Life is a big canvas and you should throw all the paint on it you can."
-Danny Kaye


"There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is a miracle. "
-Albert Einstein


"You only live once, but if you work it right,
once is enough."
-Author Unknown

So on those little quotes....

Life is what you make it,
and it is up to you...
To make it just the best you can,
in everything you do.
Enjoy the little simple things...
with every single season,
And stop to realize that everything
just has a reason.
Like leaves that change from green to yellow and orange on to red.
And understanding why we capture
sweet memories in our head.
So many little wonders
happen every day,
But taken all for granted
in a funny kind of way.
I am trying hard to treasure
everything right here on earth,
And value it for what it gives,
and for all it's worth.
Life itself is precious...
and it truly is a gift,
And when I stop to think of it,
it really gives a lift.
I have to thank my lucky stars,
I know I really should...
Because when all is said and done,
MY LIFE IS VERY GOOD!


2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful blog and terrific photos to boot! I love each and every one..your Beau (Bat) man is just getting to be such a big boy..and yet he's still a 'babe in arms' I love the little fellow and the joy he brings when I read about all the things he does..to see photos of him in 'action' is fun fun fun, thanks for sharing him and your great photos...Happy 'blind date' anniversary. I also love the list for 'anti aging', now I just have to get with 'some' of the suggestions as I already do a few of them...I drink 'apple cider vinegar' in water every morning, we take 'fish oil' capsules I drink plenty of coffee..and water. we read always before sleeping (fill my head with knowledge:) and walk 2x's per day...I hope I can avoid it for as long as possible hehe. Your blog was
    VERY interesting Diane, thank you so much for sharing it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH ARLENE... you are such a blessing! Thanks for always popping by to read and comment. I know you feel such a part of Beau's life, too...as you joined me on Fb around when Beau was making his appearance into this life! Both he and Mariah have been such fun and rewarding grandkids! Brian and I enjoyed a lovely meal out on our blind date anniversary! Sounds like you are well on your way to prevention with all the steps you are taking in life, too! Take care... thanks from the bottom of my heart for your kind words always!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete