Wednesday, September 7, 2011

LOST... in the "SHUFFLE" (Ball Change!)

"Life is not the party we had hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!"
-Author Unknown


"Thousands of emotions well up inside me through out my day. They are released when I dance."
- Abraham Lincoln


"Everything has rhythm. Everything dances."
-Maya Angelou


"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with what happens to you."
Author Unknown



These photos were taken and I  scrapbooked them in the fall of 2006 when I coined the phrase
"TAP into something SiMPLE and make it SPECiAL everyday." 


Some photos I took in fall of 2007 that hung on the dance studio bulletin board,
 and later got crafted into TAPPiNESS cards and or calendars!


Fall of 2007 we gave Mariah her first  pair of TAP SHOES!
Here she is in her darling dance outfit eating a cheezie 


A cute pic of Mariah from fall of 2007 turned into a card. 


One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE photos that I ever took.
this was taken on the day we got SHUFFLE, our little puppy,
SEPTEMBER 13th, 2008
This photo was featured in the OUR CANADA MAGAZINE last summer, too! 


The first attempt at a book I made on our MAC computer
this one features all pictures of Mariah from September -December 2008
wearing her dance outfits.
entitled... "BEENA BEENA BALLERINA"
 


The first page of the book following a little poem! 


A special 3 generation dancer photo taken last fall on
Mariah's first dance lesson of the season with her Mommy and Grammie D! 


Let's not forget about this little charmer!!!!
Here is BEAU the other day after a sleepover here... stepping on the legs of his adorable sleeper!


Today as I took my doggie, SHUFFLE, for a little walk in the park, I got to thinking about what I should write about in today's blog! I had a mix of thoughts going through my head...
and many ideas for the blog, but really felt a little LOST in the SHUFFLE (ball change)!...
therefore today's blog theme.

I have been soul searching a lot lately trying to decide what my next next chapter of life will present for me,
now that my last chapter is complete!

Yesterday I heard the song "TEA FOR TWO" come on my ipod and instantly began to TAP in my kitchen even though I had my FLIP FLOPS on. It was a sign to me, that I still
LOVE TO DANCE! ...and especially TAP!!!
I will never lose that passion.
TEA FOR TWO has always been known as a classic TAP song choice. I have used many different versions of it during my years as a dance teacher, too!

I have many other interests and lots of them involve CREATING!
I LOVE to craft and scrapbook as well as to write poems and ofcourse my little blogs about
"this, that and the other!"

So basically my life revolves around
RHYTHM and RHYME!

So with that thought in mind I am hoping to expand on my creative ideas of crafting and writing and keep TAPPING into new ideas that I can use my creativity to incorporate all those things together.

Beau is enjoying his new chapter at DAYCARE while MARIAH is adapting to her new adventures at KINDERGARTEN.

I know that I will still be called upon on occasions when needed to do the GRAMMIE D duties of helping out here and there with the kiddies, but now, for the most part I am free to continue into a new chapter of my life
where ever it may lead!
I am really ready to TAP into to some
new fun stuff soon, too.

I really enjoyed the time to think about all my new thoughts and ideas while walking SHUFFLE this morning. I love FALL too...  it has always been my favorite season and the weather here is so fabulous...
which  made the walk even better!

So on that little note...
TiME for yet another RHYME!

Lately I'm trying to sort out my time...
Thinking about the RHYTHM,
and also the RHYME!
I often feel real "LOST IN THE SHUFFLE"
... (ball change!)
And now my schedule has nothing to rearrange.
I am now searching for something to do,
I'm reaching towards something fun and new!
But in looking back over hobbies from the past,
I really think I have an idea... at last!
I need to collect all my ideas and start,
To just follow through with all of my heart!



4 comments:

  1. Nice thoughts and words, Diane. They dance on the page. :) And we know as the seasons, we too go through seasons of change. You are a very creative person. Looking forward to the next chapter! (We are also in change - last year of farming. I don't like to think too hard about it, saddens me.) We know that we don't live life in big chunks - we dance through it, one day at a time! Good blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... nice thought that we all dance through life, one day at a time!
    Changes are good I think...and we can always cherish the memories of days gone by, too!
    Thanks for reading and commenting once again! I appreciate your kind words!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great blog...love the 'poetry and pros'..you're so good at rhyming! Do I hear a tapping on your new 'life path'...you will succeed at what ever you may choose. But whatever you choose to do...don't stop writing and sharing your 'blogs'. I'm sure many would miss them very much. I wish you much success and know you'll be terrific at what ever you do choose. Thank you for sharing this 'rhythm and rhyme' type blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arleena/Arlene!
    I look forward to your take on my blogs... this one was a bit all over the map... sort of in a transition world at the moment!... But always love Rhythm and rhymes! Thanks again for always TAPPING in to read and comment.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete