Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"SHUFFLE" into "TWOS"-day!

"Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails."
-Max Eastman



our puppy, SHUFFLE, on September 13th, 2008
the day we got her. 


Same dog, same polka dot towel... 3 years later!!!
This is SHUFFLE in a party hat today. 


TWO TOO... or should I say TUTU cute!
This photo is also taken on September 13th, 2008 with MARIAH and SHUFFLE 


Here is a little card I crafted earlier this year featuring
BEAU and SHUFFLE
another adorable TWOSOME! 


SHUFFLE loves to dress up
check out the dress and sandals
(another perfect duo!) 


Here is SHUFFLE in her "PIG"-TACULAR Halloween costume last year,
soon I will have to find a new one for her to wear this year!!! 


Look what I noticed on the GOODLIFE GYM CALENDAR today
according to it... today is
INTERNATIONAL CHOCOLATE DAY! 


T & T...
a DYNOMITE TWOSOME!!!
This pic was taken 4 years ago in September following a group groove class, just before
 TRENT and THERESA had their 40th birthdays ,
I later crafted cards for the TWO of them, and still enjoy classes with them now at
GOODLIFE GYM!


Another perfect TWOSOME... STARBUCKS and CHOCOLATE!


"The 12 step chocoholics program:
Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate!"
-Terry Moore


"Soul mates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are always perfect for you."
Author Unknown




My friend, Arlene, posted this quote on her FB status today and I love it...

"I have a simple philosophy:
Fill what's empty. Empty what's full.
Scratch what itches."
-Alice Roosevelt Longworth


Today I have TWO themes threading my blog together...
Today I am celebrating our doggie, SHUFFLE, whom we got 3 years ago. 

I am also celebrating some wonderful TWOSOMES!

Three Septembers ago was my first season as a retired dance teacher and we decided to get a new puppy! Because I will always be passionate about DANCING, and especially TAP,

 we named our puppy after the
TAP step... "SHUFFLE".

Our little PUG cross BOSTON TERRIER,
other wise known as a "BUG" breed,
is truly a sweet little dancer in spirit, too... especially the fact that she loves to dress up in whatever we put on her... 

kind of like getting her costumes on for 
a dance recital!

SHUFFLE is very good natured and very good with both of my grandkids,
 MARIAH (Who was only 2 when we got her), and with BEAU who has become a really good pal with her, too this past year!

Either one of my grandkids when paired with SHUFFLE make a very cute TWOSOME!
The TWO grandkids are very cute when paired together as well, I might add!!!

Today I decided to take a break from my garage cleaning and take TWO classes at the gym. 

My TWO favorites happen to be back to back on TWOS-DAY(tuesday) mornings!!!

This morning I started with BODY VIVE which is a class that features some dance type aerobics paired with tension balls and rubber bands.
Then I took BODY FLOW which is an awesome combo of yoga, tai chi, and pilates.

I am used to having one of my favorite instructors, TRENT, teach body flow, but he has now moved on to teaching other classes at the gym. Today is his birthday. I posted a pic of him and another great instructor, THERESA, above, from their teaching days at
QUANTUM gym before it closed.

These TWO are both awesome teachers.  They also have many other great ones at GOODLIFE gym as well. Theresa's daughter, Dominique, taught the first class I took today.

On my way out of the gym today I noticed on the GOODLIFE calendar that today is INTERNATIONAL CHOCOLATE DAY...
so with that in mind,
I figured I better celebrate that!

Infact... I think I earned a STARBUCKS and
a CHOCOLATE bar, too!
(after all... I did do TWO classes today!!!)
I stepped out of my comfort zone at starbucks and had a PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE...
and I highly recommend those....YUM YUM!!!

So on that note...
here is a short poem from me today!

Our life changed for the better...
3 years ago today,
That is when we got our puppy,
SHUFFLE came our way.
Ever since that special day,
she's had a waggy tail,
And she has given us so much love
at all times without fail!

2 comments:

  1. where is that 'LOVE' button...and how come I missed this yesterday. It's a great blog and a wonderful tribute to your Shuffle for sure. I LOVE the photos...and the cards too, I have that card sitting here in on my shelf..LOVE and best friends do make the world go around, I found that out when we became friends friend!( :
    I didn't know yesterday was 'ICDAY'...I had my 'chocolate fix' as usual..it's a good thing..LOVE it forever I will.
    Your 'quotes' were great also...thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I figured you may have missed this one...seeing as you are such a doggie lover!
    hehehe... i always love your comments... thanks again xoxo diane :)

    ReplyDelete