Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rewarding Journey!

"The Journey is the reward."
-Chinese proverb


"Wherever you go, go with all your heart."
-Confucious


"Take care of your body, it's the only place you have to live."
-Jim Rohn


"Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include one free trip around the sun every year."
Author unknown



Here I am sitting in my garage where I have spent a lot of time lately...
JOURNEYING through the boxes and clutter that has accumulated over time!


I'm proud to say the JOURNEY is going well...
and stuff is getting sorted bit by bit.
Thank  goodness for rubber maid bins for storage!


This little treasure-find... brought back a flood of memories!
I came across these little Smurfs, and other little buddies
in a bigger bin that has been barried for years.
These brought hours of fun for my kids, and
now my grandkids can enjoy them, too,
and the JOURNEY can continue!


Last night we had a fun little visit with our adorable GRANDKIDS
*Mariah and Beau*
Their life JOURNEY is going so fast as they continue to grow and mature. 


Mariah is very inventive and was playing a little game here...
she is learning so much in Kindergarten, and
has picked up her teacher's English accent, too... so cute!
I love her sweat pants... they say
"EAT, SLEEP, BREATHE, DANCE"
on them!
(they are from our friend Shelley Tookey's Dance Studio) 


BEAU was on the go...
He seemed to want to carry my purse,
and he dragged it around like a pull toy!  


My new "MOU" boots!
These are new in at Jana's SWANK SHOE LOUNGE store.
 Brian decided to surprise me with a pair last night at Jana's,
when we went for our visit.
I am quite sure they will make the WINTER JOURNEY
a whole lot warmer.
How thoughtful of him to arrange with Jana to bring them home.
He is such a sweetie!


These are the tags from the boots,
I love that they say
"natural just got sexy" 


Some of my new SCENTSY products to make my house smell delish!



I have been on a JOURNEY lately... mostly sorting and cleaning in my garage.

I have also made a huge effort to JOURNEY to the gym more often again, as well.

I have to say that the JOURNEYS have been REWARDING in many ways.

It has been years since we have both parked in our garage, but I am quite happy to say this year we will both be able to park there again.

When the kids got their licenses, Brian opted to park on the driveway as he figured the kids would never get going fast enough to clean off their windshields in the morning.
What a kind and thoughtful dad he was!

After the kids were gone, the garage became home to my studio STUFF... and believe me there were boxes and boxes and more!
As I gradually was able to get some of that moved out of the way, mom moved from her house to her apartment, and our garage once again became the storage for much of her stuff.
Then she passed away last fall, and more stuff landed in our garage!

So you get the picture....
we have a LOT OF STUFF!!!!!
So since I have been officially done my babysitting duties with Beau... this fall I decided to make it my job to sort through the
GARAGE, and it has been
an ongoing process for sure...
but so rewarding on many levels.

I have been trying hard to get to the gym lots, too. Yesterday I did my TWO classes again, I am now calling Tuesdays... TWOS-DAYS, and hope to stick to that plan. Peggy, the body flow teacher yesterday celebrated a birthday. She reminded us how we take our first breath when we are born...and continue to BREATHE every day along our JOURNEY of LIFE!

"Birthdays are good for you, the more you have, the longer you live."
-Author unknown


I took a BREATHER from my ongoing garage clean up yesterday to go shopping
and visit my friend, Gailene.
We enjoyed a
PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE together, too.
That is fast becoming my new favorite beverage, but I have to be careful not to have them too often...  once in a while it adds
spice and balance to my daily JOURNEY!

A couple of weeks ago I went to a SCENTSY party with my two sisters-in law...
BEV and BRENDA.
This is a new thing where you get the scents you like to melt down in little burner type things.
They are different than other ones, because they plug in and have a light bulb in them  instead of a candle to melt the wax.
I am enjoying the sweet scents in
my house as I type!
I bought a few different scents...
but have one called "Sentimental Cider"
melting now and it smells delish!
I also have a little air freshener hanging in my garage now called
"White Tea and Cactus", so when I go in the garage it smells so fresh!

I am one who loves my daily music... it helps get me through my JOURNEY of daily life.
I am very excited to get the new
"TONY BENNETT DUETS II"
which came out yesterday,
to add to my ongoing collection!
(At least CDs do not take up lots of room!!!)

So on that little note...
here is my poem for today...

REWARDING JOURNEY

My life is a journey...
so I'm journeying along...
And every thing is better,
when its with a little song!
Sorting through the boxes of life
my garage has had,
Will make some room to park our cars,
and that will make us glad.
Funny how the years go by,
and things just don't get done,
But I'm now trying to tackle them,
and actually having fun!
It's little things like treasures,
that I find along the way,
That make me want to JOURNEY forth,
continue everyday.
Keeping things in balance,
is also very good...
I'm getting to the gym more,
as I know I should.
Filling in the spaces
with occasional Pumpkin Spice...
They really are so yummy,
I don't think about it twice!
So in this little JOURNEY
of life that I am in...
I'm loving the REWARDS these days
that feel just like a win!



5 comments:

  1. Good one! Again. Nothing like the feeling of organization. Makes the world seem so much better. I know I even sleep better at night when I am able to tidy and tackle something I have dreaded for a long time. thanks for the great read! You are blessed and also a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene!
    I am finding it fun to cross off things on the to do list... but there is always an ongoing list... such is the journey of life!!!
    Thanks for always stopping by to read and comment! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great blog Diane...you have been a busy girl, the garage looks great, nice and 'very' neat for sure. The photos and quotes are also very nice, I love all the blogs you do...you're always up to something very interesting. Where do you get all your energy from..wish I knew your secret Diane...you always look great too. oh and I LOVE the new boots, and Tony Bennett was my Mom's most favorite singer too...thank you for sharing your wonderful life in all of your blogs xo ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. (and to think I almost missed this one) sorry I'm late getting here! 'but better late than never' my 'quote' for the day..( : xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Arlene/Arleena!!!
    I love when you stop by and comment... and there is no deadline as to when to read them... and no obligation to read at all... but I am happy to write them and pleased you enjoy them, too! My parents loved Tony Bennett, as well...and I saw him in person a couple of years ago, and love him, too! He is an icon for sure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete