Saturday, August 27, 2011

BuSy... but FuN!

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older."
-Abraham Sutzkever


"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children."
-Alex Palmer Haley


"What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life, and most importantly, cookies."
-Ruddolph W. Giuliani



On our way to the park... Beau in his stroller...and Mariah in her doll stroller!!!
The arrangement changed before we got home to
Beau pushing the dolly stroller and Mariah riding in Beau's stroller!!!


My grown up soon to be kindergardener! 


Mariah bouncing and giggling! 


My happy giggling Beau man! 


Beau in his Batman t-shirt... climbing up the slide!!! 


The two happy munchkins up in Jana's old room playing merrily! 


Mariah in her mommy's old costumes...
SPOT the fun! 


Another costume in the parade of many... she was dancing to Lady GaGa on youtube! 


My niece, Rowen and Mariah in the red sparkly dresses Jana and I wore for our last tap duo when Jana was 18 years old.... the dresses are a bit big for these two... but they sparkled as they created dance numbers together yesterday! 


Beau pushing his big sister in her dolly stroller... round and round! 


I still see a family resemblance between my son Colin and my grandson Beau! 


Beau ready for a nap  in his sleepers... here with  my brother Brian visiting thursday morning. 


Poppa Brian and Beau... both looking so sun kissed! 


My two little swingers today enjoying the sunny weather and the backyard swings. 


Mariah and I today having some fun and laughs out in the back yard!
The beginning of the week was filled with celebrations and relatives ... with my Aunt's  memorial on tuesday and some gatherings following. 

The last 4 days have been a whirlwind of babysitting fun for me.
I was once again reminded of why I had my children earlier in life!!!


It is amazing how much energy children have... it is just go... go... go!


I had 2 full days with Beau here on Wednesday and Thursday, followed by two more days...
Friday and Saturday with Beau and Mariah.
We booked Shuffle into doggie daycare for the last 2 days...
to cut down on the crazy  hectic pace!!!


I took approximately 100 pics each day so once again hard to narrow down the selection... but in the four days...
we had lots of fun and activities.

We also had some visitors... my brother Brian popped by on Thursday, my friend Gailene popped by yesterday, as well as my
sister-in-law, Brenda and her daughter, Rowen.


Today we popped by my in-laws...
(Mariah and Beau's Great Grandparents!)
I forgot my purse and camera or could have taken  more pics there!
While there, my sister-in-law, Bev was there, too, along with my husband's cousin, Shannon and her little girl, Kiera.


We didn't have any dull moments
over the 4 days...
we ate popsicles,icecream, yogurt,fruit cups, fruit loops,crackers and cheese,pizza,popcorn twists, yellow chips,mumum cookies,oreo cookies,white milk, chocolate milk,grated cheese, cheese strings,blue berries, grapes,and more!

We played with...
balloons,car-cars, stuffed animals,squeaky toys,rattles, grammies's ornaments in set ups, crafted booklets,and pictures with flowers and grass, tried on many of Jana's costumes, made up dances, played on the swings, slide, bouncy ride a roos,paddling pool, many stroller rides, watched lots of fun TV and movies on the computer!


Although I captured many things we did with the camera, the memories will be most cherished in my heart.


Next week we all turn to a new chapter in our lives. I have had the honor of babysitting Beau for his first year of life, and now he is old enough to go to daycare. Mariah has been in daycare since she was one, and is now ready to start kindergarden ...
and the beat goes on!



Although I will fondly remember all the bonding I have been able to do with my kiddies, I am ready to move to
a new chapter too!
I'm not going to lie, though ...
I did shed a bit of a tear while cuddling Beau the other day...
those big brown eyes of his looked up at me
as if to somehow say
"Thank you Grammie D!"


Luckily for me those cuties live in the city...
so I'm not far away from a
wee "grandkiddie-fix" from time to time!



My days have been real hectic,
but filled with lots of fun.
As I babysat my grandkiddies...
and now this week is done.
Next week is the beginning
of a chapter that is new,
My babysitting days were plenty,
but now they will be few.
I'm happy that I've had a lot of time
with Beau to share,
But now he's one, he's old enough to go to his daycare.
Mariah is a sweetie and growing up so fast...
She 's off to kindergarden now ...
her daycare's in the past.
I'll fondly cherish all the times
that I've spent with them here.
The memories are many,
and I'll always hold them so dear.
There is something oh so special
about being their Grammie D!
They'll hold a special spot in my heart,
deep inside of me.
I hope the time that we have shared,
since they've come on the scene,
Will fondly be remembered with all
and where we've been.
Although they're both ready to move on,
my feelings are a mix,
I'm thankful that they live in town,
so I can get a "GRANDKID FIX"!

2 comments:

  1. Straight from the heart.. thanks again for sharing. You will always be a granny - a good one and nothing can ever remove that title from you. Life is a composite of stepping stones. We've enjoyed walking with you on these and can't wait to see where your feet will lead you now. You give everything 100% and that is so inspiring. Good words - thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I always enjoy your kind words and comments... so grateful!
    xo Diane

    ReplyDelete