Thursday, October 25, 2012

A MiLESTONE... & A MEMORY!

"Life isn't a matter of milestones but of moments."
-Rose F. Kennedy

"Life goes by in the blink of an eye. Appreciate the moments."

"Each day comes bearing it's own gifts... Untie the ribbons!"
-Ruth Ann Scabacker


Celebrating BRIAN'S MILESTONE 60th Birthday
while looking at the many MEMORIES in the photo book
I made on the computer for his gift! 


Brian by the Birthday Table on his "day early" celebration yesterday...
For his MILESTONE BIRTHDAY which is actually today! 


Mariah looking very PARTY-ish...
in a little gown I found for her to wear to an upcoming wedding
for my Nephew next month! 


Mariah helping her POPPA BRIAN open his
birthday gifts... wrapped in this great POLKA DOT WRAP! 


Mariah and Brian enjoyed the little trip down MEMORY LANE
while Beau enjoyed the cupcakes! 


Nels and Jana enjoying a moment together at the party yesterday! 


The GUYS at the party yesterday...
Nels, Beau, Brian and Greg!...
4 generations of wonderful men in my life...
lots of Milestones and memories! 


A cute father son pic here from the birthday celebration! 


Mariah put on a little performance wearing a party hat and dancing with balloons!
My sister-in-law, Bev... visiting in the background. 


My sister-in-law, Brenda with her kids Maxwell and Rowen
popped by the birthday festivities after Rowen's dancing lessons last night! 


I went  with a Halloween Theme for the 60th Birthday Cup cakes.


Brian was happy to have his grandson show up at his work
today on his special MILESTONE day! 

Beau enjoying a cupcake for dessert
after sharing lunch with his poppa at work!


The staff at Brian's work lined up the SINGING COWBOY
 to stop by during lunch today and embarrass
BRIAN on his MILESTONE BIRTHDAY!
It was a fun and entertaining little display!!!


I think BRIAN got a kick out of the fun...
and here he is getting his cowboy hat... from the cowboy,
who calls himself "JIMMY JANGLES"! 


Today is also a MEMORY day for me as I recall this date 2 years ago.
My mom passed away on Brian's birthday...
so I will likely always have some
mixed emotions on this date.

Here is a little quote with my mom in mind...

"A Mother is she who can take the place of all others,
but whose place no one else can take."
-Cardinal Mermillod


Today we are celebrating a MILESTONE for my hubby, Brian as he reached the age of SIXTY!
This date is also a reminder of this time two years ago when I said farewell to my mom...
I think this date will have mixed emotions for me from here on in.

We did a little family gathering last night here with Brian's side of the family joining us for supper and cupcakes... gifts and celebrations!
It was fun.
Too bad his mom cannot get out as much any more, and his brother Bruce lives so far away, but they were all here in spirit if not in person!


Today he was celebrated once again on his REAL DATE... at his work. They hired the "SINGING COWBOY" to come out and embarrass him during the lunch hour in the staff lunch room... and that went over really well... and was a fun and entertaining way to ring in his new decade!

I went to the gym previous to that and during the body flow class there was a song that literally brought me to tears...
I actually posted it on my Facebook page today.
 The song is called "STILL HERE"
by Natasha Bedingfield...
and for those of you not  on Facebook...
you can youtube it and hear the words.
They really hit home with me today.
"I'll never forget how you
made me feel I belong...
I still see you, I still feel you...
we'll never be apart,
you're still here in my heart."



The whole song really does describe how my mom made me feel...
and how she lives on in my heart...
it truly was a tear-jerker for me today!


It is funny how the songs that play in a day where ever I may be, seem to dictate the soundtrack to my life at that moment in time.

I have had another fun filled week of lead ups to this day... I was out for coffee with cousin Gwen on Monday and out for lunch with my dancing buddy, Brenda this week, too. I have tried to make it to the gym with my friend, Ella, in and around all events this busy time of year.


I am wishing my hubby BRIAN the
Happiest Birthday today as he enters
a new chapter in his life...
It is a MiLESTONE & a MEMORY!

On that thought...
my rhyme of the day!

This day is filled with mixed emotions for me,
As it is about life mixed with death, you see.
My hubby was born on this date years ago,
But my mom also left on this date as well... so,
It brings out the best and the worst in a day,
Reminders of happy mixed with sad,
one could say!
Two people who influenced who i am now,
With thoughts of them both, it's a mix somehow!
I celebrate them both,
because they're both so dear,
And even though my mom is no longer here...
Somehow her voice rings on in my head,
And is with me all day long and even in bed.
But I know she is smiling on me up above,
And sending me kisses and all of her love.
So today I'll focus on the milestones at hand...
And celebrate BRIAN because, he's so grand!



No comments:

Post a Comment