Saturday, October 13, 2012

SOCiAL BUTTERFLY!

"If nothing ever changed there'd be no butterflies."
Author Unknown

"The butterfly counts months not moments and has time enough."
-Rabindranath Tagore

"Love is like a butterfly. It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes."
-Author Unknown

Yesterday I was out for lunch with this lovely group of ladies!
Ella beside me and across from her Jacquie, Sylvia and Diane,
...all nice ladies to have lunch with!

Where we ate lunch...the restaurant called BLISS!
Mariah showing off a drawing she did here tuesday after school.


BEAU pooped out from his day of
flying around at daycare on Tuesday, and out cold in the car
with the granola bar he was eating beside him! 




Beau, Jana and Mariah at Boston Pizza on Thursday for supper...
Beau was a bit of a social butterfly here and wanted to go flitting around,
while Jana texted and Mariah colored!


Visiting dance friend, Vanessa at her beautiful new home on Thursday night. 


Mariah was enjoying the toys and dress up stuff in
Vanessa's toy room Thursday night! 

Beau was in his glory playing with all
the cars and stuff in Vanessa's basement.


Enjoyed a STARBUCKS with friends Marcy and Heather
and my cousin Gwen on Wednesday!



My life often reminds me of
that of a social butterfly!
I seem to flutter around from one activity and social group to another within in a week.
This week was no exception to that... Tuesday I got a call to pick up Jana's kids from daycare and school and bring them for supper here.
The kids were good and kept us well entertained in the couple of hours
 they were here.

Wednesday we had a family friend funeral to attend in the morning. It was a nice celebration of this fellow's life, and a nice reunion with his family and their friends, as well.
Funerals are always reminders to me to live life to the fullest and live in the moment.

Later that day I met cousin Gwen and Marcy at Starbucks and my neighbor Heather arrived there at that time,
 so joined in our little visit, too!

Thursday Jana and I were invited to our dance friend and former dance teacher at my studio back in the day... Vanessa's house!
Jana had to bring her kiddies along, too... so we made a stop along the way and had supper at Boston Pizza... the kid's favorite!
I ended up playing with the kiddies in the play room, while Jana and Vanessa enjoyed a wee visit over a couple glasses of wine!
Vanessa's new home was lovely and she looked fabulous as she always does.

I was invited to join friends, Ella, Jacquie, Diane and Sylvia for a very tasty lunch at Bliss yesterday. The company and food were both awesome.

Today I started my day off with the gym as I did a few other days this week... it is a darn good thing I get there often as I certainly have been out and about lots this week...
all outings revolved around food, too!

I enjoyed all my TV shows this week, too... now the competitions are all picking up a lot on each one. I loved that there was a TAP number on Dancing With The Stars this week, too!


I was proud of my friend Linda for her accomplishment of earning a Queen's medal at a Tuesday ceremony here in the city. 60,000 people across Canada got chosen for their contribution to their communities and to the better good of their towns and cities.
Linda is like a social butterfly always flying from one event to another always helping and picthing in... so it was no surprise to me that she was one of the honorees!
Linda is very deserving of this honor.

I know my grandkids are on their way over here now, too... so I can once again babysit.
I do feel like a butterfly when ever they are here ... flying from one thing to the next...
but they do keep me young at heart!

So on that note....

It's funny how fast the times goes by...
Because I'm such a social butterfly!
Whether I'm off to my workout at the gym,
Or drinking a starbucks filled to the brim...
Or picking up the kids
from daycare and school,
Or dining with my friends... it's all very cool!
I love to be able to mix with family & friends,
My life is busy with many perfect blends!

1 comment:

  1. "My life is busy with many perfect blends!" - Ah, you say it SO well.. you are busy but just the right blend of busy with important things, friend/family. Reading your posts is like being wrapped in a big old friendship HUG!!

    ReplyDelete