Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Gratitude & Celebrations!

"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, 
but the parent of all others."
-MarcusT. Ciero

"There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, 
a quiet joy."
-Ralph H. Blum

"Celebrate the happiness that friends 
are always giving, 
make everyday a holiday 
and celebrate just living."
-Amanda Bradley


Here is my hubby, BRIAN, carving the
THANKSGIVING TURKEY here on Sunday.
I am ever GRATEFUL that he loves to cook.
This meal was well worth CELEBRATING! 


Here is my brother, BRIAN, here with my doggie, SHUFFLE
at the THANKSGIVING supper on Sunday.
I am always GRATEFUL for the times I can share
and CELEBRATE with my brother.
He was celebrating the good deal he got on his BEATLES shirt, too!!!!


I love this picture of Mariah with her little tooth missing smile!
She was so GRATEFUL for he T-shirt with the doggie
that looked like our old pug, Mocha, on it! 


Here is Beau on Sunday at our Thanksgiving supper.
 He, too, was proud of his shirt!!!!!
It has a BIKE on it...
which is a word he CELEBRATES every time he sees one! 


Beau made a little set up in the living room and called it his BOAT!
Everyone was excited when his new word of the day was BRIAN,
especially my brother BRIAN! 

Yesterday I met with my cousin, Bev,
to CELEBRATE the MILESTONE Birthday she was celebrating!
I am always GRATEFUL for any CELEBRATIONS
 shared over a STARBUCKS!!!


This is one MEGA ROLL of WRAPPING PAPER
I spotted at Costco on our last visit there.
This should wrap many CELEBRATIONS worth of gifts! 


Just wanted to share how tall this roll of wrap is
I love that is so delux ... not to mention POLKA DOTTED!
I am always GRATEFUL for anything with polka dots!!!! 

Here is a little business card of a new store I discovered last week,
Called PRIM TREE  Gifts & Home Decor.
I am always GRATEFUL for stores like this to help me find the perfect gifts
for the many CELEBRATIONS this month and throughout the whole year.


I am very GRATEFUL for the THANKSGIVING CELEBRATION we shared this weekend.
I am so GRATEFUL for so many things about this weekend every year... it helps make me focus on the things worth CELEBRATING in my life... not just at this time of year
but all year round.


We had an abundance of food...
so were able to not only feed us on Sunday,
but sent a care package with my brother...and delivered one to my in laws, Blanche and Greg as well yesterday. I wanted to take more photos of the celebrations and festivities ...
but due to some family requests
 I did not take as many this time.


Thanks giving is a meal that just keeps on giving! We warmed up our leftovers again yesterday and will likely enjoy it tonight, too...
I love Turkey leftovers... it is definitely a meal worth CELEBRATING... and I am ever GRATEFUL that my hubby loves to cook, too!

I was able to enjoy a starbucks coffee with my cousin, Bev, yesterday on her milestone birthday. I do not see as much of her as I would like, but do often meet with her sister, Gwen!
We had a nice little visit  and I look forward to more in the near future!


Today I was GRATEFUL for the gym once again... TRENT the instructor of the Tuesday Body Vive classes... really motivates me to work hard... which today was a good thing after all the extra calories I consumed over the weekend.


At the gym today I saw friends,
Ella and Diane...and had a brief visit
with both of them there.


Later today I received a nice post card from my friend, Arlene, who is from Penticton but is visiting in Timmins, Ontario at present.
I was GRATEFUL she took time to send me a little post card.


I have invites from my cousin, Gwen to join her later either today or this week for a coffee, and an invite to go see my friend, Vanessa's new house this week, as well as a lunch invite to go out with friends, Jacquie, Diane, Ella, and Sylvia, too this Friday... So my life seems like an ongoing CELEBRATION!


My good friend, Linda from Lanigan is being celebrated at a special event here in the city tonight. She is being honored for her community services in Lanigan and is receiving a QUEEN'S MEDAL... I wish it was an open event and I would go and cheer her on!
 I can easily see why she is being CELEBRATED... she is someone who helps out for every event that takes place in Lanigan...
I know they must all be so GRATEFUL for her.
As a friend, I know I am...
she is truly the best!


As mentioned in previous blogs ...
the month of OCTOBER is full of CELEBRATIONS... from Thanksgiving... to many birthdays of family and extended family and friends... along with anniversaries... and even funerals and angels.
This month we also
CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN, too...
 So many reasons to be
GRATEFUL & CELEBRATE!


My nephew, Maxwell is 18 today...and my Auntie Betty will be CELEBRATING another Birthday this week too on the 12th.
I hope they TAP into some great CELEBRATIONS!


I am GRATEFUL for who ever pops in to read my blog always. Recently a former dance student named Ali, sent me a nice little note saying how she enjoys reading my blogs from time to time... that made my day!


Even though each day is not a special birthday or event... it is always worth
CELEBRATING and being GRATEFUL for...
so on that note...


I am once again in a grateful mood,
And want to share more gratitude...
For everything in my life that's so great,
I have so much to celebrate.
I know I say this quite a lot...
I'm really blessed, and that's my thought!
I like to share and also show...
The ones I love and ones I know,
That in my life, I love what I do.
From simple days to celebrations, too.
This is one of the busiest seasons,
To note celebrations for many reasons.
So I try to say the positives here...
To share with people far and near!

4 comments:

  1. A great celebratory blog this was! I love reading your blogs, always upbeat, interesting and full of family fun too. Thank you for the honorable mention, YOU are a great friend. And as always, I loved your 'quotes', photos and the little poem at the end. Thank you for sharing your celebrations and fun times with your readers Diane..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I celebrate whenever anyone pops by to read this and you are always worth celebrating Arlene... I appreciate your comments always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "For everything in my life that's so great,
    I have so much to celebrate."
    Thank you for being the example of an attitude of gratitude! You never complain, and that is so admirable. When I grow up, I want to be just like YOU!! Keep writing and snapping, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... "ETHEL FARMER"... I appreciate your kind words always... Thanks for commenting on my blog... I'm ever grateful for people like you in my life!

      Delete