Saturday, October 6, 2012

The MOOD for GRATITUDE!

"As I think of the word "GRATITUDE", 
I recall that all really great things in life are expressed in the simplest words:
"Purpose and meaning;
Friends and Family;
Caring and Community;
Love and Work;
Appreciation and Gratitude."
-James R. Bradley

"I'm grateful for whatever 
makes my spirit grow."
-Florida Calloway

"For today and it's blessings, 
I owe the world an attitude of gratitude."
-Clarence E. Hodges

Setting up the table for THANKSGiVING CELEBRATIONS
here tomorrow... I'm GRATEFUL for simple little pleasures from the
GRATITUDE book from my friend, Linda...
 the happy little Scarecrows and little signs to the fall leaves!


Beau was proud to show off his "PONY"
on Thursday when I got invited for lunch with him! 


I am always GRATEFUL for this smiling little face
with a ponytail or not!!! 


After my lunch with Jana and Beau on Thursday... I
 stopped by Michaels's and found some cute motivational treasures
to go with the black and white polka dot wrapping paper
 I SPOTTED at Winners last week! 

It was so chilly out that I made a hot chocolate and had it out of
the red and white spotted mug which states "Whoever smiles first wins"
I still love these motivational mugs which I have had for a few years now,
and hot chocolate always makes me smile!


With my new "SOCIAL DIRECTOR" title at  the studio,
I decided I should make a bigger effort to get more photos for the boards
and feel more involved at the studio.
My niece Rowen in the teal shorts here during
 her jazz warm up at her teen jazz class Thursday night.


While I continued to capture more memories to hang ON the boards...
I was feeling GRATEFUL to see some young dancers enjoying my
ROCKTOBER Bulletin Boards!  


A cute little saying on a block I found today...
I am always GRATEFUL for fun quotes! 

HOLEY... MOLY!!!!!!
This is a HOLE lots of craziness in front of my house yesterday...
I am GRATEFUL to report the BIG HOLE is filled in now,
not sure what they were fixing there... but I hope it is fixed now!


I went to the Musical JERSEY BOYS last night
I was GRATEFUL I chose to go...
 It was absolutely fantastic!



Today my blog is reflecting on
GRATITUDE with THANKSGIVING
coming up this weekend.

We will have Jana, Nels, and their kids along with my brother Brian over for Turkey and all the trimmings and of course the traditional Pumpkin and Apple pies!
I love when we get a chance to share meals together but especially when they revolve around special occasions.


I was invited to Jana's for some macaroni with her and Beau on Thursday and he was so proud to show off his little pony tail... which he referred to as his "PONY". He was so cute but a true two year old when after lunch began throwing lego blocks every where.
It is sometimes hard to discipline him because he is so cute, and he was refusing any "TIMEOUTS!"

Thursday night I captured many different dance photos at the BSOBAD dance studio for future bulletin boards. Now that I have a new title there... "SOCIAL DIRECTOR"... I figured I better capture more when I get the chance!
I am GRATEFUL for the casual job for me at the studio which allows me to keep my foot in the door and to help me stay connected to the dance world.


Last night I was invited to my sister-in-law, Brenda's for a delicious supper before the two of us headed off to the JERSEY BOYS musical... which we both absolutely loved.
I am always GRATEFUL for all the things we get to see right here in our own city. Hard to believe there are 24 performances of that show here in Saskatoon, as it tours on through.
There was a gal in the show who grew up in Moose Jaw, and I remember watching her as a dancer in the Moose Jaw Dance Festivals
back in the day!
Her name is KARA TREMEL, and she had the lead female role to play in the show and did it extremely well, so it made me proud to think she was home grown talent right
from here in Saskatchewan.


While I was enjoying the JERSEY BOYS last night... Brian was grandpa- grand daughter bonding with Mariah and took her and her little friend Drew to the BLADES Hockey game. I think Brian was pumped... as he always is when ever he gets a chance to hang out with his cherished grandkids!



I have been kicking it up a notch this week by getting to the GOODLIFE gym daily for one class or another... I am GRATEFUL for such awesome classes and instructors there...
who help contribute to my GOOD LIFE!
Each gym trip is followed up with a coffee shared with my friend, Ella... who I am also very grateful for... Makes going to the gym even more fun!



I had a nice phone visit with my sister-in-law, Arleen, on Thursday when I called her to wish her Happy Birthday. Her parents are celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary this weekend, too...Another milestone!

Yesterday I was remembering a special angel celebrating in heaven. Our dear friend  and former next door neighbor, JAIME, who passed away at the age of 15 to brain cancer.
She would have turned 34 yesterday.
She was a ray of sunshine always,
and I have nothing but fond memories of her,
it is such a shame she was taken
at such a very young age.

Tomorrow my Aunt Ruth is 92 years old.
She is the auntie who makes me think of
BLUE BIRDS and I wish her many more!

Thanksgiving Monday... my cousin, Bev, reaches a milestone birthday...
so I send her much love and wishes, too!
That is a date I lost my sweet Uncle Rudy
26 years ago, so I will be thinking
of him as well.

Tuesday is my nephew, Maxwell's birthday...
so there are many things to celebrate
in the next little bit.

I will take this chance to wish everyone a
Happy Thanksgiving...
and remember to be grateful
and share your gratitude!


I am truly in the mood...
To share a little gratitude,
With Thanksgiving on the rise,
I want to share my many highs.
I am feeling simply blessed...
My family and friends are just the best!
I have lots of love and a comfort zone,
I love to be with people or to be alone.
I love music and I love dance...
I like to share what I love with every chance!
My grandkids bring me such joy each day,
And my kids are great in every way,
I 'm happily married in a state of bliss,
I love being married, each hug and each kiss!
I often have raved and also have ranted...
I do not want to take anything for granted,
All the things I find so great...
I really just love to celebrate,
The great big events to the little things,
I am grateful for what each day brings!
 I try to be grateful and enjoy all the fun,
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!




4 comments:

  1. "I often have raved and also have ranted...
    I do not want to take anything for granted,
    All the things I find so great...
    I really just love to celebrate . ."

    This takes me back to when I was young and every birthday, anniversary - milestone of any sort was celebrated with neighbours, friends and family coming over to share the cake mother was renown for. Thanks for keeping that part of the past alive - to be reminded that life is short and so worth celebrating EVERY day. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ETHEL/ ARLENE!... I always so appreciate your comments on my blog!
      Thanks for stopping by to read and comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Do you remember where you got the coffee mug from?? I have it to and I just broke the handle off today and am devestated!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought this mug 3 years ago at HOME SENSE ... don't think they have them anymore!
      Thanks for popping by my blog.

      Delete