Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekend of FUN!

"Fun is where it's at. That's why you 
have to be there."
-Oaquai

"All for fun, and fun for all!"
-Oaquai

"Why wait for the weekend to have fun?"
-Loesje

This is a FUN breakfast at Broadway Cafe on Friday.
 Here sitting with friend, Jacquie and with waitress, Nichole...
She even brought me a polka dot mug with whip cream on my coffee!


Here is Nichole with Brian and our friend Bob on Friday.
 Nichole even let Brian have "white" toast in honor of his upcoming birthday!!!
(That is a little joke they have had FUN with for years!) 


I had a little FUN Starbucks outing with my friend/neighbor, HEATHER,
on Friday afternoon to celebrate her birthday...
we did not get a photo, but here is the card I made her
with her and my friend Ella on the card as well!


More party celebrations here...
Brian ready to blow out the candle on the carrot cake he had at our Regina friends'
Mike and Lynne's on Saturday night!
This is the FUN REINACTMENT!!!!...
because he was too quick to blow out the candle the first time!


This is a photo of Brian and me out for some appies
and a special meal on Friday at the Hotel Saskatchewan in Regina.
(Another FUN early Birthday celebration for Brian!) 


We had some FUN with our Regina friends,
Mike and Lynne on the weekend...
They are always such GRACIOUS HOSTS whenever we stop by ...
 


Another pic of me with Brian on our WEEKEND of FUN at
Mike and Lynne's!
Their home is so lovely, too!!! 


Lynne and I managed to get in a little "SISTERFRIEND" bonding too...
which we always enjoy and have FUN doing! 


SHUFFLE tried on her "LITTLE MERMAID" costume which we found in Regina...
We put it on as soon as we picked her up from the doggie daycare where she spent the weekend.
Shuffle really felt like a PRINCESS in her costume...
and how FUN is it?!!!! TUTU cute! 


Mariah and my niece, Rowen choreographing a dance on my in-law's front deck
yesterday when we popped over for a visit there.
These 2 always have such FUN together!
 


Mariah sharing a little snuggle with her Poppa when we all
stopped by to wish my mother-in-law, Blanche a Happy Birthday yesterday!
...so even more party celebrations!!!!


Ro and Ri looking sweet and sharing more fun! 


Beau between bounces on the couch at Jana's last night!
He was full of life and had a very runny nose, too...
which only BUMMA could wipe! 


More special snuggles for POPPA when at Jana's last night! 


Shuffle was whining for her costume when we got back home,
so once again we dressed her up and she fell asleep in it on her special blanket,
with the little lobster that came with the costume.
I have never seen a dog love costumes more than SHUFFLE...
 she is just TUTU FUN! 


Here is the FUN selection of music we listened to
on our little REGINA ROAD TRIP...
MUSIC always makes things more FUN!!!!


Today as I sit down with my red and white polka dot mug of coffee with the caption
"Life Is What You Make It"
inside it...
it is truly a reminder to me of how true that statement is!

We had a great time this past weekend from start to finish... Brian took Friday, Saturday and Sunday off... so we had a fun WEEKEND by joining our friends, Bob and Jacquie for Breakfast at Broadway Cafe on Friday morning.
We always have FUN when connecting with them as well as all the great staff at that restaurant... especially Nichole.

I met my neighbor, Heather for a quick Starbucks birthday coffee outing on Friday before Brian and I headed off to Regina for a little early Birthday weekend get away for his upcoming milestone this week!

Brian chose going away over a party for his 60th which is coming up this week on Thursday.
We spent Friday night in the lovely
Hotel Saskatchewan... and joined up with friends and former next door neighbors from years ago... Mike and Lynne later Saturday and had FUN with them.

We did our traditional Kaiser tournament ...
and I'm proud to announce the
GIRLS ROCKED and beat the GUYS!
hehehe... the guys usually win...
but not this time!


Mike and Lynne were gracious hosts
for us as they always are...
and their home is beautiful and so comfortable. They also put on a delicious meal
that night followed by
a yummy breakfast and lunch before we headed home yesterday.
THANKS to them for all the
FUN we shared once again!


I always enjoy the music on the journey
and put the CDs in the blog that made our journey fun... it was relaxing so we could
also visit too along the way.


We picked up Shuffle from Happy Dog Acres where we always board her whenever we go away. She was anxious to reconnect and felt really special when we dressed her in the adorable costume we found for her to wear for Halloween this year!
I thought the LITTLE MERMAID was so appropriate with Jana having done her many contracts as the LITTLE MERMAID in JAPAN at TOKYO DISNEY SEA years ago!
SHUFFLE loves her costume!


We met up with family for Birthday cake at my in-laws yesterday, too. It was my mother-in-law's 87th birthday yesterday... so it was fun to catch up with the gathering of relatives there.
I know she enjoyed all the FUN of family there for her special day...she felt celebrated!


Jana had us back to her place for
CHINESE FOOD for supper last night as well... so the celebrations just went from one place to another...and the FUN continued!


I know the celebrations are still going strong this week too... as we head toward more BIRTHDAYS and occasions...
My cousin JOHN will celebrate his birthday on Wednesday...and my hubby BRIAN
reaches his 60th milestone year on Thursday.
That day is not only a MILESTONE...
but a MEMORY for me as well.
This year on the 25th of October...
Brian  not only turns 60... but it is the 2nd year anniversary of my mom's passing...
kind of a CAKE and ANGEL sort of day!


On that thought...
here is my rhyme of the day...


It's always good to have some FUN...
Whether alone or with someone!
Whether at home or on a road trip,
Whether eating cake or having a sip.
Whether at a party or just daily life,
Whether with friends or as hubby and wife!
Every day and through all kinds of weather...
FUN is what ties the journey together!

2 comments:

  1. This was SO fun reading and looking at your amazing photos. You sparkle, I know I have said that before and your life is full and rich and GOOD. Thanks for sharing, everything was a joy to read. Bless you for the blessing you share and are to others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your response to this post... I'm glad you are into reading my blogs... thanks for popping by... it always means the world to me!

      Delete