Monday, October 15, 2012

MUNCHKINS... MOMENTS... MEMORIES!

"Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering!"

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
-Author Unknown



My two grandkids/munchkins here on Saturday night,
with my niece, Rowen. 


Here the MUNCHKINS are all MUNCHING on freezies
while watching a JUSTIN BIEBER DVD! 

Mariah here Sunday morning modeling her new jammies,
after her little sleepover!

Beau on Sunday morning out for breakfast!


Beau sporting his shades here with his poppa Brian
in the restaurant Sunday morning. 


Family Breakfast at Truffles Restaurant... Sunday
joined by our friend, Vern! 


Jana and Mariah enjoying the nice fall weather yesterday. 


BEAU enjoying these cute little monkeys in a window display yesterday. 


A moment and memory I have been remembering lots today.
This photo was taken 2 years ago today,
and was the final photo taken of my mom before she passed away 10 days later.
This photo is a cherished memory for me,
and it was the last time my son was home to see the family as well.


Here is another precious moment and memory in time...
This photo was taken on Mariah's 5th birthday,
May of 2011.
Tomorrow she will attend the JUSTIN BIEBER concert here in the city...
I thought this photo captured her excitement !
She got this JB poster along with the mini wedding dress both as birthday gifts that year!!!


Today I am having many moments and memories of things as I recall this date 2 years ago, when Colin came home to visit us.
It was a special visit... to see his grandma Marilou in the hospital along with his
Grandpa Greg and Grandma Blanche for their 60th wedding anniversary.

I had a fun weekend with my munchkins... Mariah and Beau. My niece Rowen and her mom, Brenda popped by for the evening as well. The kids always make many memories whenever they are together...and Rowen is such a delightful role model for them, too.

Mariah slept over, but Beau was picked up to sleep at home on Saturday. We did meet up together in the next morning for a yummy breakfast at Truffles...
with our good friend, Vern.

Tomorrow Jana and Mariah are attending the JUSTIN BIEBER concert here in the city...
and I don't know who is more excited about it...
JANA or MARIAH!
I know they will definitely make a cherished memory and enjoy that moment in time!

I have spent the last several days reviewing many memories in photos as I have put together a special photo book for my hubby's upcoming milestone birthday. It was to have been a surprise... however... when I hit buy book on the computer... it instantly went to our previous info which notified Brian on his email that the book had been purchased!!!
OOPS!!!!!
I know my intentions were good to make it a nice surprise... but he won't see the book though until his special day... then hopefully the memories I included in it will be special reminders of many precious moments in time for him... I spent many many moments in time creating it for sure!!!

I had a great chat with Colin last night on the phone. I enjoy any memories we can share even though they are often few and far between and from such a long distance. We were hoping Colin could come home for his dad's special 60th birthday on the 25th... but he can't...
he will be here in spirit!

Colin was home 2 years ago at this
time of year, though.

My in-laws...
Blanche and Greg will be celebrating their 62nd Anniversary this week on
the 17th of October.
Also celebrating birthdays soon are
my niece, Emily on the 18th, and
 my mother-in-law, Blanche on the 21st.
This is a month of many moments, memories and celebrations in time for sure!

On that note...
a short poem from me today!

So many memories and moments in time...
Come back to me in thought and in rhyme.
From ones that are cherished forever more...
To ones that pass by for me to adore.  

1 comment:

  1. Your blog always cheers me up. You stay so upbeat and positive, it is envious, my friend. I love your heart that is so compassionate, so warm and open to share joy. Having a son in Toronto and we only see him maybe once a year, I know your heart is missing your Eastern son, also. Thanks for sprinkling my day with what you do best - joy and perspective on the things that really matter in a day.

    ReplyDelete