Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Exercise, Energize, Organize... Monopolize!

A great saying from my Seize the Day calendar...


"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun."
- Katherine Hepburn


I know I have had these 'happy heart tips' before,
on my oatmeal packages, 
but today I got them again...


"Nourish your emotional heart."


"Prioritize what matters most."


Both of them are so true and right on track to where I am in life!... Here are some pics that didn't make it into my blogs last week... enjoy!


MARIAH getting EXERCISE... and being
ENERGIZED while she MONOPOLIZED
my attention as I watched
AMERICAN IDOL
last thursday night!

A "LATTE" LOVE!

'Out to Lunch' with my friend Gailene
Last thursday at a favorite little
spot for us called 'MOKA!'

Mariah actually letting me
capture a cute pic of her!
She's normally ON THE GO!
Hard to believe she will be 5
next week already!

Monday at STARBUCKS
with my friend Brenda and Beau!
Brenda is in a busy stage
of her dance season with her show
coming up next week!

BEAU on the Starbucks outing!

SHUFFLE adapting to the new deck!

FLOWERS bring me HAPPINESS!
I got a good deal on these ones
which makes me even happier!


Yesterday was a great day to just catch my breath after all the action around here lately!
It was so nice to have a day to just do as I please... ALL DAY!

I started off by thinking I would do TWO classes at the gym, because my two favorite classes are back to back on Tuesdays. However, seeing as I have not made it to the gym much lately... I thought I better ease back in with just one class!
I chose to do Body Flow... I love that class, it is a fabulous blend of YOGA, TAI CHI and PILATES,
and what better way to start off a day!

Next I picked up some groceries and while at the grocery store I noticed a great deal on 
GERBER DAISIES, 
(which are my favorite flowers!)
a bunch of 7 for only $2.97
So for that special price... I couldn't afford to be without them!

I felt like a bit of a "Suzie Home Maker" yesterday so decided to make a crock pot stew.
 It was really yummy, too, if I do say so myself!

I managed to get some organizing done around here, which was much needed after all the activity we have had going on around here lately.

I took Shuffle for a long walk through the park listening to the soundtrack of life on my ipod!... until my ipod battery died, then I just enjoyed the sounds of summer coming ... 
lots of birds singing and a little breeze blowing!

I wandered through Market Mall and saw a few people I knew and had a few brief visits!

Last night I monopolized the TV... as I pretty much do Monday through Thursday every week!
I am so lucky Brian is a good sport about me watching all my reality shows. 
Mon.-Tues.
I watch "Dancing With The Stars"
And now Tues. 
I also watch "The Voice", 
which is a new singing competition show!
Wed.-Thurs. I enjoy the AMERICAN IDOL, 
and I think this has been the 
very best season of that yet!
Next week "DWTS" and "AI" 
will wind up for another season and
 "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE"
will begin for another season... 
 and the beat goes on!

Brian can watch his shows after the ones I watch and on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights!!! 
...sometimes he watches mine with me, too!

Today I have another day to 
Exercise, Energize, Organize, and Monopolize!
I have no problem filling in time, it seems!

AHHHHH... LIFE is GOOD!

Sometimes it's good to have a day to myself...
To clear off the back burner,
and to dust off the shelf.
To go to the gym and get some exercise,
To just get things done...
and to organize!
Lately it's been busy,
so a day off was in need,
Yesterday was that kind of day,
I kind of felt real 'FREE'd!
It helped to pick my energy up...
Let me catch my breath, and enjoy a fresh cup!
A little rain outside to freshen the air...
A great day to MYSELF, without any care!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVED the blog...another great one for sure...I missed it & I'm glad you wrote this one! You are ALWAYS so busy, I'm not sure I could ever keep up with you..YOU must be the energizer bunny for sure!! As always, thank you for sharing your busy & most fun filled days, I love hearing about them all. Wishing you the very best, always!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ARLENE/ ARLEENA... I look forward to your comments, too!
    I hope to squeeze in some time for another blog today, as well... will post it when and if that happens!!! hehehe thanks again for TAPPIN' by xo

    ReplyDelete