Friday, May 6, 2011

It's All RELATiVE!

Today I sit down to write my blog after having a good start with my oatmeal from the package that had two happy heart tips on it saying...


"Nourish your emotional heart"


"Never underestimate your capacity for change"


I am settled in now with a French Vanilla coffee with honey and am drinking out of the white cup with black dots with the saying  inside... 


"LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE" 


Tuesday, this past week, I went out for a great lunch with my cousin, GWEN, we always have so much to catch up on! I am so lucky to have a fun cousin like her and have so many other awesome cousins and RELATIVES as well!


... I saw her again Wednesday night at 
DANCE PHOTOS at "BSOBAD" 
(the dance studio!)


I am no longer teaching dancing, but am considered "administrative staff"... so was there for the "STAFF" photo which followed the 
"ADULT TAP" group photo.  


My cousin, GWEN has been in the adult tap group since my "Diane Will Dance Studio" days... but our love of dancing together goes even further back than that to the days of "cousin" homemade dance shows in our basements growing up! 


Gwen and I had a quick little "photo-opp" in the hall at the studio that night!


Me in my "STAFF" attire and cousin GWEN
in her "MAMBO" Adult Tap costume at
BSOBAD PICTURE NIGHT!

My very MESSY and unorganized craft table
BEFORE CLEAN UP!

My craft table
AFTER CLEAN UP!

3 crafted "MOTHER'S DAY CARDS"
for my 3 "in town" aunts,
JEAN, FRANCES, and MARY

BEAU on Monday, during my
babysitting, with his new ball cap!
I normally have him Fridays, too
but not this week!

So yesterday I decided it was time to craft some "MOTHER'S DAY CARDS"
Seeing as my mom is no longer here with me,
I decided it would be nice to make them for
my 3 aunts here in the city.

First of all I had to clear a space on the craft table!... That was a big job, as it always is...
and took all morning, but once the space was cleared, I crafted away!

I wanted to deliver the 3 cards, as well, yesterday. My mom's oldest sister, JEAN, had been in the hospital the past while, so my first visit was to see her and take her the card I made, with a picture from her 95th birthday on it from Feb. 1st, 2011.

On route to the hospital I was feeling so pleased with what I was doing by going to see my aunts, and got to thinking how lucky I am to still have every aunt still living.
I even thought what a great blog
that could be to write about!

I was very sad when I arrived at the hospital to learn that only hours before I arrived,
my AUNT JEAN
passed away peacefully in her sleep.
This is my first experience losing an aunt, so it  put a bit of a weight in my heart.

I feel badly for her 2 daughters, my cousins, DIANE in AUSTRALIA,
and DARCY in NORTH DAKOTA,
and their families at this time of loss.

I instantly thought of how my Aunt Jean and my mom can both reunite in HEAVEN this year for MOTHER'S DAY together with their mom.

I then chose to hold off on my delivery of  my other 2 cards.  I hope to get to both homes today or tomorrow to drop off cards for my
AUNT FRANCES and AUNT MARY.

I know I have had many thoughts and memories at this time of year. This will be my first MOTHER'S DAY
without my mom...
but I feel so very blessed to be a "MOTHER" as well as a "GRANDMOTHER" and plan to celebrate being both of those
SPECIAL
roles this year!

Here is my poem for today!

I've had a week of ups and downs...
I've also had some smiles and frowns!
I've had a trip down memory lane,
And then I went there once again.
Thinking lots of my sweet mom...
With MOTHER'S DAY so soon to come.
Although without her, it's my first,
I know it will not be my worst.
Cuz she'll be with her mom above...
And her sister, sharing some LOVE.
I'll focus now on how I'm blessed....
My kids and grandkids are the best!
Many relatives still on earth,
To share as mothers and all their worth.
And though it's not the same this year,
I 'm thankful for those oh so dear!

4 comments:

  1. Let me just add a hearty 'AMEN' to the above. Great. I like the way you put it all together so wonderfully, Diane. With heavy grieving heart, you did it - very uplifting. And encouraging for me to do something special for me family, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to read and post. You always make me feel like my blog has been a good one! I appreciate that so much! xo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is just so special...so much meaning behind it, I love the way you put life & love into perspective with your beautiful words! You have a way of always making my heart feel good...
    As always, thank you for sharing your tender heart...I'm sending you best wishes & a BIG hug for being you on this special weekend, your special day Mother's day & GrammieD day.. XX : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH ARLENE... Thanks from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words always, and for TAPPING in to read and post on my blog site... I feel so grateful! xoxo diane

    ReplyDelete