Wednesday, May 25, 2011

TAP into CHERiSHED MEMORiES!

TODAY... is NATIONAL TAP DANCE DAY!
... so in honor of that I am extending my wish for "TAPPiNESS" ALWAYS and 4- EVER!!!


Here is a CHERiSHED "TAPPiNESS"
memory for me!
Here are some of my TAP Soloists at
a competition in Sherwood Park
in my final year of teaching
spring of 2008.
Jana and Mariah surprised me
and came to watch! 

Another CHERiSHED memory!
Brian, me and Jana's Friend, Shelane
Wearing our
"Welcome to the World COSTUMES"
At the hospital in Edmonton
May 24, 2006
when Mariah was born!

Here are the proud new grandparents with our
Special GRANDPARENT  t-shirts on.
Our little Mariah was so tiny,
she weighed 4 pounds 11 ounces
at her birth, here she is 3 days old!

5 years later... same t-shirt!
Mariah on her 5th birthday looking so grown up!
She is such a sweetie...
and this grandma still
LOVES her!

Mariah just off to her pre-school
on her 5th birthday
May 24th, 2011

Beau and his little monkey!
I babysat him at his house
while his sister was at
pre-school yesterday.

I crafted 2 of these cards
for Mariah's dance teachers,
Miss Cara & Miss Amber
for her to take to her final
 lesson of the season today.

As I sit here with my vanilla coffee out of my red polka dot mug that says...
"Life is what you make it"
inside...
I have had a chance to think about so many cherished memories for me at this time of year.

This is the wind up time of year for many things... such as dancing... and today is Mariah's last day of her lessons for this season. She will then perform her little dance called
"I LOVE YOU"
in the BSOBAD year end show this weekend.
That will be a very
CHERiSHED MEMORY to TAP into for sure!

Year end shows and dance competitions always brought cherished memories for me. Today is national tap dance day, so it was bringing to mind many of my fond memories of my teaching days. TAP was always my favorite bringing me so much TAPPiNESS over the years!

Yesterday was Mariah's 5th birthday... which is also a cherished memory for me... and she had lots of celebrations to ring in the year of FIVE!
Such a celebrated little girl she is!

Today is the 7 month anniversary of mom's passing, and a day doesn't go by that I do not remember and think of many of the cherished times we celebrated together. Her and dad were always my biggest fans and supporters and especially at this time of year with the dancing!

I am helping out with lots of babysitting this week, infact I have little BEAU here now sleeping. My brother Brian popped by for a little visit with us today, too. I've shared lots of cherished memories with him over the years.
He has taken a real liking to little Beau and enjoys getting chances to come see him and watch him grow!

Later this afternoon I will get Mariah from her daycare and get her to her last dance lesson before show time saturday. I enjoy sharing that kind of time with her, but do find the carting of the car seat with Beau, too, is a little more work now.  It is always a reminder to me of why we have our kids while we are young!

I have been enjoying watching lots of TV lately, ... not sure how I find the time to fit it all in... sometimes just all my shows on TV add up to nearly a full days work in themselves! I'm glad I can tape some of them, as sometimes the show I watch overlap at the same times!

Yesterday for instance... I watched ELLEN in the morning, then bits and pieces of this and that at Jana's while babysitting Beau yesterday, and then the full hour of OPRAH yesterday and the day before... plus... last night watched the 3 hour finale of "Dancing With The Stars", the one hour "AMERICAN IDOL" and the one hour show called "THE VOICE".  So all totaled I am quite sure I watched at least 8 hours worth in and around all the other things I did!

Speaking of CHERISHED MEMORIES... WOW the finale shows of OPRAH have been amazing. She has definitely got lots of memories over her 25 year run of her show on TV...and what an icon and role model she has been.

This morning JUSTIN BIEBER was on ELLEN. It was a rerun, but I taped it for Mariah to watch later as she is so into JB!... and she will come back here today after her dance lesson until her daddy comes to pick her and Beau up later.

I did not make it to the gym yesterday like I normally do on Tuesday, because I was helping Brenda from the dance  studio wrap up the year end gifts for her show saturday.
This gift wrapping has also become a cherished memory for me...and a tradition. I began helping her with her show gifts the year before joining her studio back in 2001. I do enjoy gift wrapping and anything related... card crafting, etc!!! So those are all things I consider to be CHERISHED memories for me to TAP into!

BRENDA always says this to her
BSOBAD DANCE FAMILY...
"Make a Memory"

So I hope all dancers out there are taking time today to think of some of their favorite dance times and TAP ones especially seeing as it is the day to honor TAP.

Tomorrow night is the kick off to the new s season of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE.

...and the beat goes on!



I have so many cherished memories,
and many special times...
And one of those is sitting here
to write my daily rhymes!
I look forward to doing my blog,
and writing down my thoughts,
And you all know me well enough,
to  know I cherish DOTS!
I really feel so very blessed
with many things in life...
So very loved by husband Brian,
it's great to be his wife!
So lots of things and people
tend to bring me happiness,
And days like this remind me of
the times for TAPPiNESS!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is wonderful.. I shed a tear. You are so gifted. And precious! Yes you are! Thanks for this, and never worry about watching that amount of TV. There are so few 'clean' and happy shows on the ol' Telly, and you wanted to catch the last season flicker of these shows.. Way to go! Your fat cheerleader, checking in and giving you kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I CHERISH your comments... and look forward to reading them as well as reading your blogs which are so heart felt and well written! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great blog Diane...I love it, your photos are precious & another great poem, I love all of your poems..you have the gift of 'rhyme' for sure! If you noticed I also 'posted' the reference to the 'National Tap Dance Day', we must have been posting around the same time...'great minds' think alike I guess...heehe.
    Oh, and I posted it with you in mind..my 'tapping' friend..thank you for sharing..xo ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arlene/ Arleena...
    I did notice your reference to National Tap Dancing day! Thanks for your kind words as always on my blog! I appreciate it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete