Monday, May 2, 2011

This "GRAMMA QUEEN" Loves a THEME!

I have been giving lots of thought to my blog since I wrote one last thursday! That blog was a salute to the FRIENDS who were there for me during last week... and believe me FRIENDS make life so much better... always!


Sometimes I just feel a bit like an "OTTN"...
               Over The Top Nerd!!! 
               But I do love a THEME...
   and I like to take it to the EXTREME!!!


This blog is a bit about this that and the other... but mostly the thoughts and themes I've gone through since my last post...
and the first one is pertaining to ROYALTY!


DANCING GRAMMA QUEEN
...in Celebration of
the ROYAL Wedding
& International Dance Day

BEAU thinking he'd like to wear the CROWN!

My Little PRINCE CHARMING!

 PRINCESS MARIAH 

... to "DRAMA QUEEN"!!!

ROYAL ending to a ROYAL weekend
with a Rolo Blizzard at DAIRY "QUEEN"

CELEBRATING all things GREAT and
SUCCESSFUL at BSOBAD!

Always TAPPING
 into a THEME!

My "MOTHER'S DAY PLATES"
Each with a year and little Theme on them


So as you can see by today's blog photos I "TAPPED" into the spirit of the
themes past and present!

FRIDAY... as everyone knows, was the
ever famous and highly anticipated
"ROYAL WEDDING"

It was also "INTERNATIONAL DANCE DAY"!

I had to "re-enact" those again yesterday while Brian snapped a couple of photos for the theme of today's blog!
I haven't taught BEAU to take pics... YET!!!
But we did celebrate both those major events when I babysat him on Friday!
Beau is here once again today as well!!!

Also on Friday... my brother Brian stopped by for a visit with Beau, Shuffle and me. I didn't post a pic from that visit, but we always enjoy Brian when he stops by, as I think he enjoys us, too!

Saturday... after going to sarcan and the grocery store, I decided to make a quick visit to the BSOBAD dance studio while the dancers were away competing in Edmonton, to update the bulletin boards for them!
I always plan to make it a "QUICK" stop... but it always takes way more time than anticipated... so needless to say, the taking down of Easter Decorations and hanging up of some more new studio photos and
CELEBRATE and CONGRATS signs everywhere took all afternoon!

Sunday we did our traditional breakfast with friends... Jacquie and Bob along with Gail and Daryl, as we often do at Fudruckers.

In the afternoon we picked up Beau and took him to see Brian's brother, Bruce, visiting from Vancouver at my parents-in-law's house.  Mariah was off to a birthday party, while her dad had a cement job to do and her mommy was doing the final day of her busy shoe sale.
Beau was a good little guy,
as he always is for us.

When Nels and Mariah popped in after the birthday party to get Beau...
she, too tried on my crown... at first she was all about it... but then became over it very quickly!!! She did have a fun time at the
birthday party she was at.

Last night I thought it would be fitting to the end the ROYAL weekend by going to the
DAIRY "QUEEN" to stay in "THEME"
with the ROYAL!!!
I tried out the rolo blizzard... and it was yummy!

With MOTHER'S DAY fast approaching I also thought I might get out my MOTHER'S DAY plates which I received over time each year as a gift from my mom on Mother's Day. They are AVON ones and all have a year and theme on them as well. I somehow have misplaced my stands for them, so can't have them out.
I went searching for stands,
but they are hard to find for small plates!!!

Those little plates are special to me coming from my mom... and somehow seem even more special to me now that she is gone.
This will be my first "MOTHER'S DAY" without my mom to celebrate with. I feel kind of bad because for my past 3 Mother's Days in a row... I was out of town adjudicating dance competitions during them, and now my mom is no longer around...
but I am not adjudicating this year!

My saying on the "MAY" page of the little crafted calendar I have says this...

"A family blossoms with a mother's love."
-Anon

The saying on my Seize the Day Calendar said this on the weekend...
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves."
-James Matthew Barrie


Sometimes I'm a NERD who is OVER THE TOP!
But I stick to my guns, and I just don't stop.
The older I get, the more into a THEME...
Infact... I just take it beyond the extreme!
I really don't care who approves of me,
I'm crazy like that, and that's just me, you see.
Lately I've been missing my mom...
Maybe with Mother's Day soon to come.
This will be her first one up in the sky...
I know I'll miss her, and have a wee cry.
I hope my kids think of me, this time, though...
It will be a different one for me, I know.
Maybe they'll phone me, or give me a card,
It shouldn't be really so very hard!
But maybe I'm feeling a bit too much drama...
Maybe it's aging... or a thing for a GRAMMA!
Maybe it's a sign of where I have been...
OR... I am just a "DRAMA- GRAMMA QUEEN"!!!

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this. You covered a lot - with food for thought!
    I have been thinking of you and others facing this Mother's Day without'mom.' I am sorry. Mother's Day is never the same again. I never realized till mother was gone - how much Mother's Day is celebrated and over-rated. (Do we need a special day to call, gift and honor her - what about the other 364 days??) It took me a long time to look at a Mother and Daughter in a restaurant, meeting, church - laughing together, etc - without tears. Good writing - insight to how important friends and family are at any time. Thanks for putting this - and yourself, out there! Keep your pencil sharp! Amazing poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Diane, another great blog...oh how we miss our moms ..I think Mothers should be celebrated more often through out the year too..
    I know what Arlene means, when I see other mother-daughter duos, it makes my heart ache..I just miss mine so much, we had so many great times together. I remember all Mothers days like they were yesterday..my mom's smile is something I will never ever forget...
    I love the plate collection..love the Avon thing too..
    Thank you for sharing your heart with us, you are special ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU my best responders here on my blog site for always taking the time to read my blog and also comment right here as well... So greatly appreciated... I'm grateful for friends like the two of you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete