Thursday, April 28, 2011

That's What FRiENDS Are For!

Friends are Angels that lift us up when our wings forget how to fly. -  Author Unknown


Although I didn't take lots of pics "with" my friends this week... I did find some of me with the ones who were there for me this past week! 
I thank them for always making me feel special 
in one way or another... everyone needs that!


My BESTEST STARBUCKS
Sisterfriend, LINDA!
Photo taken June, 2010

My partner in crime buddy...
GAILENE brings out the DEVIL in me!
Photo taken Feb., 2011

Me and my Dancing Buddy, BRENDA
here we are OUT TO LUNCH!
April 14th, 2011

My BEST PHONER FRIEND!
LYNNE... isn't on the computer much,
 but we can sure talk LONG on the phone!
This is a photo from my mom's funeral
Oct. 30, 2010

Little gifts from Linda's trip to NYC!
... and a Starbucks cup, too!

BEAU and his buddy, SHUFFLE
and I call this "PUPPY LOVE"
 pic taken April 25th, 2011

With all the goings on lately around here, between being sick... Jana's big sale, Brian's excitement with his boat, and the hours of babysitting...
                       It is sure nice to know 
I"VE GOT so many WONDERFUL FRIENDS!!!!!!


I also love all my inbox and FB messages from special FB friends such as Arlene, Arlene, Joan and Colleen, too!... amongst many others... 
                  too many to mention!!!! 
                   I just know I am lucky!


This past week has been another busy one... I babysat all day Monday. I ventured out on my own with Beau to the store... but his car seat didn't balance well in the shopping cart, so I didn't stay long before heading home once again. I find I am better staying put when babysitting!
I enjoyed an update phone call from my friend, Lynne in Regina, too... she is not one to be on the computer... but her and I make up for lost time when we chat on the phone!


 Tuesday I did a morning at the gym, followed by a little coffee/shopping outing with my friend Brenda... who came to be with me at the Dr.,too, which I so appreciated! I felt happy she had time before heading off to another dance competition to spend a few hours with me!


Wednesday morning I was at the airport to pick up my good buddy Linda after her little excursion to the big apple, NYC! She had a blast...and brought me back a little "D" key chain with "bling" and the Statue of Liberty on it, plus some 
Polka Dot sticky notes, too... so thoughtful of her. We had time to squeeze in a little (traditional) visit and Starbucks before she headed back to her home in Lanigan. I wish we had longer... but she had to get back to work... she was doing a full week's work in 2 and half days this week!


 I was to have babysat Beau yesterday afternoon, but Jana said he was being good at her store, so I went for a little shopping fun with my partner in crime...and soul sisterfriend, Gailene! She always brings out the devilish side in both of us and we have lots of laughs! We even bought some stuff, too... always a PICK ME UP ... when we can PICK ME UP some stuff!!! hehehe


Then I picked up Mariah from daycare yesterday and brought her here to wait till her mommy and Beau picked her up after work! Nels was in Regina working! They joined us for pizza supper while watching American Idol on TV before they headed home. Mariah has so much spunk to her... I always feel pooped when she has been here for a bit!... but in a good way!


Today I have Beau here all day again... he is snoozing now, so I'm racing through a new blog while I have some quick moments to do so!  He sat in his high chair and loved his pablum today... and he had a little swing out back, too. I may post videos of those cute and precious memories to my FB later! I take at least 50 pics of him every time he comes here, so I am slowing down on posting, because, although he is so irresistably cute... I know all my blog readers have seen lots of him here as well as on my FB.  Mariah is harder for me to capture lately... mostly because I do not have her here as much,(she goes to her daycare, and Beau is still not old enough!) ...
 but also because, she is over Grammie D and her camera!!! hehehe


When my mom passed away last October, my friend, Linda, gave me a book called "FRiEND", 
Here are some quotes taken from that book...


When I choose a friend - I choose one who loves truth, who respects life and me, one who hears music  and sees the moon, one who loves to see me smiling. -Laura Merz


Friends are those rare people who ask how we are, and then wait to hear the answer. 
-Ed Cunningham


Treasure each other in the recognition that we do not know how long we shall have each other. - Joshua Loth Liebman


Here is just a short poem from me today!


Family often cannot read between the spaces,
They're often too busy and in other places.
That is when the friends who care the most...
Step in to help out and not let you coast!
We all have times when we feel a bit down...
FRIENDS help us smile instead of frown.
I'm blessed to  have so many great friends,
To help to give me the perfect blends,
They really always seem to just know...
When I am feeling kind of low.
So THANKS for all they do... and more...
I guess that is what FRIENDS are for!



6 comments:

  1. Another HOME RUN!!!! I love it - loved the poem and am amazed you can spin them out and off so quick. Great words about friends - and it's SO true. Thanks for putting it in writing today!
    You are the best and a blessing to those who know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Arlene... You are a ray of sunshine to me as well... and I feel flattered when a writer such as yourself likes my poems so well, too!
    Thanks for always tapping in and commenting, too! I can't wait till we meet in person! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw.. right back at you! We had half an hour to kill in Lanigan today and I got a Linda-hug in!! Wonderful - some Saturday when she's coming in, I will tag along. Close your eyes and imagine the laughter! Hold that thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Arlene... I just noticed this new comment here... I can visualize that thought, too!!! Can't wait! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great blog...thank you for the mention..I love your poems & your photos..you are always 'over the top' in a very good way...you never fail to put a smile on my face, and I thank you for that...thank you for always sharing your wonderful life..that makes me smile too...( :

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for TAPPING in once again I am grateful for readers like you who always write a comment here on my page! xoxo

    ReplyDelete