Tuesday, April 5, 2011

from ROCK ON to WALK ON!

Shuffle trying to steal Beau's cookie!

Beau enjoying his little MUM MUM cookie!
He now says MUM MUM, too!
Today my red polka-dot coffee mug says...
"Life is what you make it"

My seize the day calendar says...
"My journey of joy begins today."
-Robin Pickens

My oatmeal happy heart tip of the day is ...
"Leave time to Dream"
Mariah excited about Pre-school
field trip today!

Jana and Me adjudicating in Kindersley together
on this past weekend.


A little gift I got for adjudicating...
a little doggie wearing an
"I Tap" button on it's t-shirt!

I have been on a bit of a BLOG BREAK... (BB!)... because I have been BUSY BUSY!
On this past weekend I enjoyed a weekend of mother/daughter bonding with Jana. We were invited to adjudicate the
"Kindersley Konnection"
Annual Dance Festival.
We have both adjudicated before... but never together!
I was very proud of Jana on the great and very professional job she did of it, too!
We alternated dances all weekend... sitting through a total of nearly 24 hours worth of dancing in the two days. Between the two of us we adjudicated 762 dance routines...
so that was a lot of
"ROCKING ON!"



Then yesterday, I resumed my GRAMMIE D babysitting duties of looking after BEAU as
I normally do on mondays!
He is becoming way more active now in this stage of his life... crawling and wanting to pull himself up to WALK ON!

My brother, Brian popped by for a visit yesterday, and he enjoys Beau and Shuffle lots, too! We always enjoy his and any company we get on the days I babysit!


So needless to say after the very busy weekend of ROCKING ON...
to yesterday's busy day of WALKING ON...
I needed a little BLOG BREAK, but looked forward to getting back to that again today!



I was reminded once again how valuable dance competitions are to the development of the young dancers! Having been a competitor and a competitive teacher and parent as well... and now in my 25th year of adjudicating (or so)... I am seeing how important it is for growth!

Each adjudicator picks things differently for different reasons and opinions, but what the dancers learn along the way is good for them in many ways. Competitions are also a way for dancers to find new friends and new dance idols along the way to set their goals higher for their next competitions.
They also make many valuable and fun memories each time, too!


EVERYONE ENDS UP "WINNING"
IN THE END!

Jana and I worked well as a team and had fun doing it, too. The trip to and from Kindersley gave us a chance to bond, as well, which is something we don't have as much time to do these days with the busy lifestyle she leads with her little ones
and her own shoe store.



I am thinking of how busy this time of year is for the many dance teachers I know.
There is a competition in the city this week, and although I no longer teach, I can relate to the excitement of this season and all the hectic pace it brings. I used to love this part of the season when I taught, but now I can sit back and enjoy watching everyone else's hard work as they put their
dances on the stage.



I still enjoy dancing a lot... but now I get more exercise with the gym, and babysitting and WALKING ON! 

I went to a body flow class this morning and it felt so good.


Sometimes it's good to take a little break...
Especially when it's busy,
and for sleep sake!
I sometimes need to relax
and put my feet up,
I also play with the grandkids,
and also with my pup!
When the dancing is done,
I no longer ROCK ON...
Then I  keep moving forward and
 I also WALK ON!
Enjoying each day for whatever it brings...
From the big events ...
to the littlest of things!


4 comments:

  1. Welcome back - missed you and your words are so sweet and so true. Keep blogging on, Diane!
    Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed doing the blog, too... but was so exhausted yesterday from my busy weekend, that I decided to wait till today when i would be fresher at doing a good job!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete