Saturday, April 16, 2011

OH BROTHER!

My brothers and me at Cousin Bev's
New Year's open house
January 2011

Bob and Brian at
my nephew Brad's
gift opening celebration
July 11th, 2010

One of the many recent visits
My brother Brian with Beau...
February 2011

Bob coloring with Mariah
January 2010

My husband, Brian and his brother Bruce
October, 2010
My BROTHER- IN- LAW!

Beau... (Mariah's baby Brother!)
Just yesterday!

Mariah yesterday admiring
my flowers on my kitchen table!

She loves her little brother
just like I love my brothers!




You can give without loving, but you can never love without giving. 
- Marcia and Dave Kaplan


When I was a child... I always wanted a sister so badly. I used to pretend I had one.  My friends and I would always tell people we were sisters! hehehe... I guess many girls do that when they do not have a real sister! 


Now I just feel blessed that I have so many "SISTER"-FRIENDS... along with some great "SISTER"- IN- LAWS, too!


But recently when a couple of my sisterfriends, LYNNE and GAILENE, lost their brothers... 
it made me realize just how LUCKY I am to still have not one, but two BROTHERS I hold so dear to my heart.  


We were lucky too, to be brought up in such a loving and caring way... so thanks to my parents... for doing such a wonderful job of raising us as kids... we all got along so great! Now that my parents are both gone they live on through my brothers and me... as well as in all of our hearts!


I also have a super brother-in-law, too... BRUCE, who lives in Vancouver. He was recently diagnosed with cancer, and sadly is now going through treatments ... both radiation and chemo for it. I say prayers that he will pull through what he is going through. Cancer is such a wicked disease.


My brother BRIAN phones me weekly to see if I am babysitting Beau and pops by nearly every time I have him. He was here just yesterday and this past monday, too. I have always been close to my brother Brian. We share a lot of common bonds. Music is one of those. He is a musician... he currently plays in 3 bands in the city in and around at events. He is with the "Paul Tobin Band", "The Magic Band" and a band called 
"Bull Rush"! He is extremely talented at writing and singing as well as a gifted musician  who can play many instruments, but he usually is the bass player in his bands. He and I enjoy sharing our current views on the American Idol from week to week. 


He is also a janitor for the TUSQ restaurant here in the city... so his job is done early in the day.  


He was married briefly but when his marriage didn't last, he never remarried. He is the kindest and sweetest guy... very thoughtful, too. He has many traits my dad had... and he even really looks like my dad, too. I love when he pops by to see me each week... I know he loves coming to see Beau and Shuffle... but we always have a fun visit, while he is here as well. 


He is a great lawn mower for us in the summer! We enjoy having him for sunday suppers, as well... although with dance competition season upon us... it has been a while since we had one of those!!!


My brother BOB, is a great guy, too. He is very busy with his job at BAZAAR NOVELTY . It is a store that provides services for special events... and he is very dedicated and hard working. He is a real family kind of guy as well. He and his wife, ARLEEN have the two boys... Brad and Jeff. Brad was married to Janelle last summer, and Jeff lives with his girlfriend, Savannah.
  
Just this week I asked Bob if he could bring home a balloon bouquet for my friend Brenda's fiftieth party. So he did up a helium filled bouquet and brought it home for me! When I popped by his place to pick it up... the whole family was there enjoying a hockey game on TV together! 


Bob is fabulous with kids... and although he has no grandkids of his own yet... he does enjoy mine! He will often sit right down and color with Mariah even... and he is a real "TRICKSTER"... and loves to joke around. He has a super sense of humor... which we all get a real kick out of!


Both my brothers love to play golf. I think they got that love from my dad. He shared that love and played many a golf game with the boys. My dad was very much into Bob's sports interests as well as Brian's music interests, too. We often talk about what a great and close family we have... and I just had to share that with my blog readers, too!


So although I never got a sister... I'm really lucky to have two special and loving Brothers... 
in BOB and BRIAN!


FOR THE LOVE OF BROTHERS...
When I was much younger, 
I hoped for a sister...
But brothers I had, yep... Mister and Mister!
Now, here on earth, I've got no dad or mother,
I'm ever so grateful that I still have a brother!
Infact I am lucky... because I have TWO...
And I'm grateful for everything 
that they still do.
BOB is the oldest... he's fun and he's kind,
BRIAN is next, he's so sweet, too, I find!
As brothers go, mine are really the best,
Infact I must say, that I truly am blessed.
We've always been close,
since my growing up years.
They're special to me, 
infact they're real dears!
I know I was spoiled by them, when so small,
I was their one sister... so I had it all!
Now in our adulthood, I've come to see,
Just how much BROTHERS... do mean to me.
They really are different in so many ways,
But that is what brightens up so many days.
They both love to golf... just like my dad,
And many a fun time, the 3 of them had!
While Bob likes his sports, 
Brian's music he writes.
Bob plays hockey, 
Brian's bands play at nights.
They both are supportive of each other, too...
They get along great as good brothers do.
So though I haven't a SISTER, for real...
I have many SISTERFRIENDS...
and that's a good deal!
And BROTHERS... I'm lucky, because, 
I have TWO,
So THANKS BOB and BRIAN...
for all that you do!

4 comments:

  1. WOW and WOWSIE! Good - great stuff, Diane! So true, so true - and thanks for putting it all together. Brothers make the best cheer leaders!! (There's a visual!) I have two also, and like you, one of them is a . . . drum-roll please - BRIAN! Love the poem.. And just keep writing and writing and writing. Never stop..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look so forward to the responses Iget here from you... thanks so much. This blog was really so heartfelt...and I have had it on my back burner a while for just the perfect time to post it! Thansk for always TAPPING in and CHEERING me on as well... it means so much to me! xoxo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow another great tribute...your brothers sound like great guys for sure!! It's always nice to have musicians in the family...'music makes the world go around' ..I have two musicians in the family, my hubby (bass player:) and my nephew...'music makes a family go around' too. Thanks again for sharing ...I just love your blogs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tapping in Arleena! I am grateful for two great brothers...and yes music makes the world go round! I am happy you always take the time to tap in and read my blog! xoxo

    ReplyDelete