Thursday, April 14, 2011

SuRpRiSe!

Each day comes bearing it's own gifts... 
untie the ribbons!
Ruth Ann Schabacker


Surprise Celebration for Miss Brenda
during her production class at the studio
Happy 50th QUEEN "B"(sobad!)

Production lesson... photo opp...
before birthday cake!

Balloons card and party stuff!

I was at the studio doing bulletin board updates on Tuesday and thought it might be fun to pull off a bit of a Birthday Surprise for Miss Brenda... the Queen "B" of BSOBAD!

She is turning 50 this sunday... so I knew she wouldn't be expecting a surprise party there ... or today either!

Her production class is the perfect time to catch many people in the studio at once...
and it went over very well!
SHE was SURPRISED!

What I didn't know was that today was the 13th year anniversary of her mom's passing. Brenda called me to join her for lunch today. We hadn't been for a lunch together in a long time, so it was coincidental that this all worked out today!
So the surprise went one step further.

Take from every moment it's unique meaning and you will be surprised by joy that fills you.
-Anna Trimiew


Mariah snacking and watching TV at
Grammie D's
house this morning!

Beau at the table today,
He enjoys pulling himself up and
banging on the table!

Mariah pulling Beau up to look at the camera...
she has a firm grip on his one eye!


This morning Jana phoned me to see if she could bring the kids by for a  visit. I was delighted because in Jana's busy day to day life she very seldom has time for a coffee and visit!
I enjoyed seeing them all as I always do.

Mariah was enthusiastic about showing me her dance moves... she was so cute doing her PLIES... or PEELAYS as she was calling them!!!
She still had her jammees on... but Beau was dressed in big boy clothes today and is starting to look so much older now!
Even though I see him lots each week...
he continues to change daily!

So my rather unplanned day... came off with many surprises and it was a fun
celebration kind of day!

If you have something to do, someone to love, and something to hope for, every day becomes a celebration.
-Anna Trimiew

I have had many thoughts about my blog lately... so many themes... but so little time!
I keep thinking of things I want to share in my daily blog, but will save those for another day and another blog!

I spent the last couple of days gathering pictures for a couple big collages for Brenda's surprise 50th celebration today. I had them hanging on the stand with her cake and balloons... the kids enjoyed looking at them as much as Brenda... Some were from years gone by...
so many memories!

When I taught more at BSOBAD I did so much with Brenda, so it was a nice trip down memory lane for me as well!

I created a BIG HUGE CARD...
so all the kids could sign it!...
and here is the poem I had inside!

HaPpY TaPpY 50th BRENDA!

FIFTY is FABULOUS and you wear it well...
You just look fantastic like a
 QUEEN or a BELLE!
You have hit many milestones, up until now,
But this one is special... oh yes... and how!
You've always had fashion and
also such style,
FIFTY'S and "F" word with FLAIR for a mile!
Wishes are right from our hearts
and our feet...
We all wish you well and it's right on the beat.
We love the things that make
you who you are...
To us you will always be our favorite STAR!
Like royalty... you are like our sweet
QUEEN "B"!
You just fit that title... oh yes... to a "T"!
You're truly a role model
we've grown to adore,
We all just love you, so need I say more...
Just party on and keep strutting your stuff,
Have a sweet latte, complete with the fluff!
Here's to you... so just celebrate,
Because in our world...
YOU are always just GREAT!


8 comments:

  1. You are such a great friend as well as great blogger. Your big heart & love for the dance sure shines through on this one. Your friend Brenda is lucky to have you in her life...I'd say! What a lovely birthday surprise it must have been. Thank you for sharing..I loved it too..
    And your grandbabies are just the cutest munchkins ever..Beau is getting so big..and cuter by the day.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Thanks So Much Arleena!
    I'm glad you enjoy my blog so much... I now look forward to your responses as well!!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane: You are such an amazing person and have such a blessed life...you had great parents,have a great husband and in-laws(say hi to them from me btw)great kids,son-in-law and grandkids,great students and friends AND you are a talented dancer,teacher,scrapbooker and blogger. You are my idol! Also say hi to Brenda for me,I don't know if she remembers me but I competed against her (but was never in her league!) in baton when we were kiddies. I was a Donnette and she was a Buffalo Gal :)
    Liliana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your lovely heartfelt comment Liliana! That means a lot to me! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure know how to make others shine with happiness. So thoughtful - so kind. No wonder your life is `dotted` with so many friends and warm family. That you journal and share your joy in life`s important moments small and big - is a credit to who you are and tribute to your parents. Good stuff. Again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for TAPPING in once again... I appreciate your responses to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane....you are the best.....you turned one of my sad days into a fantastic day. You are always such a ray of sunshine...full of positive energy...love and kindness. Thank you so much for being such a fabulous friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Brenda... thanks for your comment here... I'm glad you liked the party... I had fun doing it. It gave me a chance to connect with you 2 times on one day... I am glad you got a chance to see my blog, too! xoxo...
    THANKS for TAPPING in!

    ReplyDelete