Monday, April 25, 2011

S M i L E !

I am just having a little drink of coffee out of my mug that says...
"WHOEVER SMILES FIRST WINS."


In the back ground Natalie Cole is singing my all time favorite song... 
"SMILE" written by Charlie Chaplin




Mariah trying out her new pink shades
from her Easter basket!
A cute SMILE!

Beau looking sleepy
this morning
right before nap time!

The Easter baskets full of goodies and
GRAMMiE D cards for the Grandkids!

SMILE food and beverage...
for my blog writing today!

SMILIN and SPLASHIN!
 on Saturday!

My Niece, EMILY and Shuffle
visiting from Vancouver


Well I had a busy few days of things going on around here...
and many SMILES, too,
over the last couple of days.

Where to start...

Brian and I babysat Mariah and Beau for
11 and a half hours on saturday.
It was a day of adventure from start to finish, and as you can well imagine... we captured a lot of it, however I only put a few pics here today.

They got here first thing and played in Brian's new boat. Mariah was in control eating her yellow chips out of her yellow bowl!

Next we baked Easter cookies, and crafted more cards, however, Mariah seemed to want to do Christmas cards instead, for some strange reason... what a kid!

We took a basket of our fresh baked cookies and a couple Easter cards over to the Great Grandparents place. They always love a little impromptu visit from us!  My niece, Rowen was there too, so she came back to paint fridge magnets with Mariah!

We also went for a walk... Beau in the stroller, and Mariah using her grandpa's binaculars...
and in her PINK hunter rubber boots...
(all the better to go splashing with!)

Beau is crawling and climbing everywhere and loves Shuffle's face licks so always goes back for more!

After a long day of visitors, snacks movies,pizza,and crafts, etc, etc....
Jana and Nels came to get their kids to get them in bed before the Easter Bunny came!

Grammie and Poppa were tired out after a long but fun filled day full of SMILES!

Easter Sunday was nice, too... we did our traditional Fudrucker morning breakfast with friends Bob and Jacquie.

My niece and nephew are visiting from Vancouver, so we picked up Emily and took her to visit Mariah and Beau and deliver Easter baskets, too!

Mariah came back here, then to hang out with Emily at our place. They cleaned the swings off and had a fun afternoon of playing out in the fresh air.

We had a very yummy chicken and ham supper... cooked by my wonderful hubby. It always makes me SMILE that he loves to cook.
Jana, Nels and the kids were here
to help us eat it!
I would be SMILING even more if anyone enjoyed helping with the clean up afterward!!!


After the kids left from Easter supper, and I cleaned the dishes ... I was anxious to put away the Easter decorations
(which have been out since March 20th!!!)

Beau is having his morning nap now... he is busy when he is awake,
so I am enjoying this
little time of blogging, to myself!

Six months ago today, also a monday morning, my mom passed away. I really miss her... and each day go further back in my memories to really APPRECIATE what a
wonderful mom she truly was.
She brought me so many
SMiLES in my life.

"You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
if you just SMiLE." 
-Charlie Chaplin


Time is passing very fast,
But the happy memories will always last.
Memories of MY MOM today...
"SMILE" on and on,
and will always stay!


                 

2 comments:

  1. I loved your 'Easter & smile' type theme...you always make me SMILE too!! I can't get over how big your grandbabies are getting. Mariah is such a little lady now, and your Beau man is just so cute or should I say 'handsome'...what ever way you put it,,,they are adorable and that makes me SMILE more!! As always, thank you for sharing your wonderful life..now I'm really SMILING...
    HUGS to you my dear friend...( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Arleena DeBlogger!
    I look forward to your responses. We did have a busy few days...and thanks for your sweet compliments on my grandkiddies, too! I was needing to remember to Smile, too! hehehe... xoxo Diane
    Thanks for all ways TAPPING IN!

    ReplyDelete