Friday, April 8, 2011

Dance... & Celebr- EIGHT!

Live in the moment and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering!
- Fanny Crosby


My Dad
Today would have been his 85th
birthday and I know he'll be celebrating
in the skies above!

This photo has been in my living room ever since he passed away on January 2, 2000.
Inside this photo box are the sympathy cards I received when he passed... and I often take them out to read messages inside.
There is also a little poster I had that hung at my studio after his passing which said ...
"DAD,
There will never be anyone to FILL your shoes... or to FIX our shoes the way you did, but you will DANCE on in our HEARTS forever.
Thanks for all you've done for me and my studio,
LOVE DIANE"

My dad always put the TAPS on all the tap shoes at my studio...and no one could do that like him!
HE WAS THE BEST!

These words made me think of him from the song "ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE"
by Hammerstein and Kern

"You are the angel glow that lights a star,
The dearest things I know, are what you are."

HAPPY TAPPY 85th BIRTHDAY DAD!

Brother Brian stopped by this morning
He is holding  BEAU,
who is also
celebr- "EIGHT"ING!
He is "EIGHT" MONTHS
 on the "EIGHTH" day of April!

My niece, Rowen came to
see little BEAU today as well.
Rowen stayed and crafted cards
 with me for a bit after, too.
She is such a sweetie!

Yesterday Rowen danced in the 
PERFORMER DANCE 
COMPETITION
here in the city.
Mariah came to cheer her on!

A pic from 2009 with Brenda and me
in our polka dots!
Yesterday BRENDA was honored at
a banquet for her recent
SASK SPORT COACH
Of the Year Award.
She is a very accomplished lady
for sure and so deserving of this honor.

This week has been a mixed bag of events from babysitting, to watching and supporting the dancers at a very well run local dance competition here in the city at TCU... called
THE PERFORMER.
Once again I am reminded just how much awesome DANCE talents there are in Saskatchewan.

My niece, Rowen, placed second in her little jazz group from BSOBAD dance studio,
 earning her a silver medal too!
I am finding it so much fun just sitting in the audience and just enjoying the
dance numbers with no stress attached.

I even had a brain scan this week...
so kind of lots of things going on!

My April quote on the Mary Engelbreit calendar says this...
"Cheerfulness keeps up a kind of daylight in the mind, and fills it with a steady and
perpetual serenity." - Joseph Addison

My Seize the day calendar said this yesterday...
"The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
- Robert Byrne

So from celebrations to company and visits, to lots of dancing... this week has been
hectic and fun!

My cousin Gwen just phoned and is now on her way over to visit little BEAU and me... so will wrap this blog up for today with a poem I wrote in tribute to my very dear sweet DAD...

When I think of a man worth a CELEBRATE...That man is my dad... cuz he sure was great!
And if my dad were still alive,
Today he would be EIGHTY FIVE.
My dad set an example, second to none,
He was always smiling, and having fun.
He always kept me close to mind,
He was always gentle and very kind.
A well respected man, he sure was...
I LOVED him so many ways, because...
He taught  me many things I know,
He did them well, when he would show.
He was creative and his writing was neat...
He was musical, played the piano so sweet!
He was never one to hog the spotlight,
But when in the light, he would shine so bright!
Although he's been gone for eleven years...
Some days it's harder to hide my tears.
I'm grateful, for all he did for me...
All of his traits are the BEST... you see!
Although he is no longer here today...
I try to live my life like him every way.
He was a man who was a friend to everyone...
He was always that way until his life was done.
So on this day he's eating cake in the sky...
And I am toasting my DAD...
 he's a LOVED SPECIAL GUY!


4 comments:

  1. I like this so much. It goes without saying that the essence of who your dad was - lives on in you. Thanks for the reminder again to cherish those close to us.
    Looking forward to many more words from your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ... I always look forward to your response, too...and appreciate it greatly as well! diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute to your Dad, Daine. Your admiration is delightful and heart warming...thank you for sharing your beautiful memories in your blog today!
    I always look forward to reading them, you never fail to make my heart feel good..and I thank you for that my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arleena DeBlogger!
    Thanks for your comments... I really felt this warmth in my heart speaking of my dad... He truly was a one of a kind!... and he was THe BEST!
    xo diane

    ReplyDelete