Friday, May 27, 2011

Finales and Milestones!

I know I have included this quote in my blog before, but it is a favorite of mine and it goes with today's theme so well, so here it is again!


"The journey between what you once were and who you are becoming, is where the dance of life really takes place."
- Barbara Deangelis


And another favorite quote of mine is...


"The secret of Happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does."
-James Barrie


It's been a busy and eventful week for my little Princess this week, yesterday she graduated from preschool. Here is a little card I crafted for her with a picture taken on her birthday on the 24th!
What a cute little graduate she is... and oh how i love to craft a card!

Here are my 2 baby girls! Where does the time go??? Jana is now 30 and Mariah is now 5... This is a milestone day for Mariah... just heading off to her Pre-school grad here, with flowers and card for her special teacher, Mrs. Knisley.

Mariah signing her name to her card for her teacher... She enjoys printing and is becoming such a neat little printer, too!... Oh I love this stage of life!

When I went to craft a couple cards yesterday, I was rooting through some old stuff and came across these two cards. The one on the left is a picture of Mariah when she was around 1 and a half... it was one of my very first attempts at a photo crafted card! I almost used it as her grad card yesterday, but decided to save it for the future some where along the way!
The card on the right was a valentine one crafted of our PUG, MOCHA, in 2008.
Yesterday was the 3 year anniversary of Mocha's passing, and I still miss that dog!

I know I posted MARIAH, the BIRTHDAY BRIDE earlier this week already, but for those who missed it... here is another pic of her in the adorable wedding dress and all the trimmings from her Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Arvid .
 I am not ready for this milestone, just yet... it was funny because Jana made the comment when MARIAH got this gift, that Mariah had a wedding dress before her own mom even!!! hehehe
 Jana and Nels have been engaged for a year and a half now,
 but no plans for wedding for them, yet,  either!

Here is a picture of me and a former student, KIM, who came to see me in my final recital in 2008.
She was always such a vibrant and enthusiastic student when I taught her.
I am holding the "TAPPED OUT" t-shirt that I was going to wear in a little "CAMEO" appearance I would do in the adult tap number in that show!

I also wanted to mention that Kim was a good friend of Jana's growing up and at Jana's 11th sleepover birthday party, I popped downstairs to see how the party guests were doing in the morning after ... many of the girls were still sound asleep in sleeping bags, and I distinctly remember KIM popping right up and saying in her lively way...
"WAKE UP AND SMELL THE TREAT BAGS!"
That was so funny at the time, and I have thought what a cute quote it would make on something somewhere... maybe in my next life when I do my "Party Planning Business!"

On this week of finales and milestones...
I figured that would be the perfect theme
for today's blog!

I have not been a big OPRAH watcher over the years, infact I sort of tuned in here and there occasionally, but I did watch her 3 final shows... and thoroughly enjoyed them. She definitely went out on a high note! She is a well respected and loved lady for sure in the world of entertainment, and will be missed on TV.

I could totally relate to her way of thinking that it wasn't really bitter sweet... it was all sweet, because she had so many cherished moments in her 25 year stint on TV.

I, too, felt that way after "TAPPING OUT"
in May of 2008,
from my full time role as a dance teacher. People often ask me if I miss teaching, and I really do not miss the teaching part... I miss the association with people part! However... I can pop down to the studio anytime I want and see the dancers and teachers,
and it is on my time that way!
I am looking so forward to the
BSOBAD dance shows this weekend and wish everyone the best of luck in them, too!

Mariah has another milestone day tomorrow...
as do I!
Last year she performed in the BSOBAD year end show... but doing her little tot ballet number. This year she was able to take TAP for the first time... so she will be TAPPING in this year's show, and what a proud moment that will be for her TAP- HAPPY GRAMMIE D!

I also watched the finale shows of
"Dancing with The Stars" and "American Idol" this week, and yesterday watched the start of this season's
"SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE"
show on TV...
I love the competitive reality shows and it helps keeps me connected to the things I enjoy.

 So many Finales, and Milestones....
and the beat goes on!

 I want to wish my little dancing princess, Mariah, all the best in her first ever
TAP PERFORMANCE tomorrow...
at BSOBAD'S afternoon show.
It will be a nice way to sit back and relax in the audience after my busy week of babysitting my little BEAU!

The term "ROCK ON" used to apply to my dance teaching... and now it applies to my snuggles with Beau!

Dream Big

The dreams of tomorrow, begin today...
Dream real big , so they'll come your way.
Strive to make every day just the best,
Try to make it better than all of the rest.
Reach for your goals and reach real high,
Then move on to looking up to the sky!
Appreciate all the little things in life,
Accept all the good along with the strife.
With each new chapter, learn to embrace...
Create new loves, which will now replace!
Go above and go way beyond,
Make more memories...
With the ones you are fond.
Capture the moment with every snap,
Make some time to shuffle and tap!
And TAP into simple, make it special each day,
Share with your loved ones,
Your joy every way!

4 comments:

  1. A great 'milestone' blog ..I love the quotes & the pix. You certainly have had many milestones in the past while. I love that you have shared them all...I love that you shared them with ME. You are a great gal there Grammie D. xo ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arleena/ Arlene!
    Thank-you Thank-you Thank -you... for always commenting on my blog... I am glad you enjy it! I do enjoy writing it, as well! It is a great way of recording what matters most to me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this one but it was still waiting for me and that's a wonderful feeling. Like sitting on a bench in a pretty, quiet park and enjoying the view - that's what it's like visiting and reading your blog. Terrific, amazing poem. Never stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arlene/ETHEL... for TAPPING in and sitting on a park bench to read this blog!!! I love when you comment! xo diane

    ReplyDelete