Wednesday, May 4, 2011

PiCTURE THiS!




"MAY the 4th" be with you!!!... 


( I stole this off a former dance student's status today... just loved it... Thanks JESSE!!!)


This day has a wave of mixed emotions for me ... so I need some kind of "FORTH"/FORCE!


A group shot taken by Miss Cara
after the group pics were done
at the dance studio today!

Mariah and her spunky personality!

Mariah on the shyer side
before the professional photos
were taken!

Beau with my camera case!
Playing in the hallway at the studio
while Mariah had her pics taken!
It was picture day today at Mariah's Dancing...


Hard to believe the pic below was this same time last year, and Beau had not even arrived at this point yet!!!


I like to turn many photos into cards 
and add a  little trim and poem... 
so you can just PICTURE THIS!




Last year's Picture day
I captured a pic of Mariah
with her mommy and used it on
Jana's mother's day card!
And here is the last mother's day card
I gave my mom!

Last year on WEDNESDAY, May 5th... we moved my mom into her care home... also that WEDNESDAY... Mariah had her very first
dance pictures taken in the little pink costume on the card above.

Coincidentally today  WEDNESDAY, May 4th is picture day once again for Mariah. She was excited but harder for me to capture in the hallway at the dance studio this year!!!
I did manage to get a few cute ones with her dance friends... but will save those for the studio bulletin boards!!!

Beau is now here...but had not yet arrived at this time last year!  He was very busy in the hallway at the dance studio today during the photo shoot... so a bit crazier all round.

I just remember this being a very difficult day last year... moving mom from her apartment into the care home and leaving her there with her early Mother's Day card as shown above.
My brothers and I struggled through that whole process with her... now sad to think she is no longer with us at all.

A lot can happen in one short year. It is such a reminder to live in the moment make them all count. I remember this day having such a mix of happy and sad for me last year, I went from the moving of mom into care
(which she didn't want at all)...
 to the watching of Mariah as she had a milestone dance picture day!

It is really hard to describe how this day went down last year... but for some reason I am visualizing it again today.
I can just PICTURE IT!

My seize the day calendar says this...

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Here is a poem I wrote on May 1st, 2010
(just a year and bit ago)
It describes the "mom" we were experiencing when we moved her to her care home...
it has so much meaning to me as I recall only one short year ago...
(It is a bit of a sad poem today)

MOM'S eyes are pretty and also so blue...
They once were just smiling
when she looked at  you.
But they've lost their sparkle
and also their shine,
They look kind of lost...
oh mother of mine.
She once had a spirit, second to none...
But she has forgotten just how to have fun!
Oh growing old ... is really so sad...
It brings out weird traces,
which makes me feel bad.
I want to remember the mom I once knew,
And cherish those memories,
hope you do too.
She'll want us to see her twinkling eyes,
And just look beyond her brand new disguise.
It isn't her fault, she cannot remember,
The things that went on just last December.
She wants to remember
just how they once were.
But age has come to terrorize her.
My mom is still special and always will be.
Her eyes are still blue
and they still look at me.
I'm not really sure what she sees from the start,
But I'll tell you this now,she'll live on in my heart.
So days when you're looking
and can't see the blue...
You have to look deeper,
go beyond, look right through.
And cherish the memories of all of the love...
That her eyes once shone with,
like stars above!
I feel so blessed for the love of my mother...
She is special, a gem...
like her, there's no other.
Although she is different
and in a new phase...
I will love her today...
forever and always!

As you all know mom has passed away since I wrote this poem... but this is what I was going through at this time last year!
My mom lives on in my heart and this will be my first ever mother's day without her on earth, but she will celebrate with her mom now in Heaven.

I can only PICTURE how CUTE mom would have thought MARIAH was in her
SHIRLEY TEMPLE
look alike costume this year...
Mom always loved Shirley Temple...
or "CURLY TEMPLE" as Mariah would say!!!

6 comments:

  1. A great blog Diane,,,but for some reason I am having a time seeing these words I type, my eyes are filled with the tears that your poem has brought to them...this has really touched my heart...I know your heart & mine do really feel the same way!! I miss my mom so very much & wish I could hold her hand in mine just once more..I know you feel the same, your tender heart is beautiful. No doubt your mom is looking down & is so proud of what she sees...Thank you for sharing these beautiful words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Arlene/ Arleena
    This poem was one was so much meaning to me... it is exactly how I was feeling this time last year... and I do miss mom, too... but I am now going further back in time to remember the days when her quality of life was much brighter! Thanks for your kind words once again... I so appreciate them... we are such souls sisterfriends! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.. I need not add any thing else because your words - straight from the heart, say everything. Mother's Day will come, it will go - and you will still be standing. That is who you are - the epitome of strength. I embrace you my friend. And your other friend, Arlene. Still wanting to get a message to her, too.. I know you won't mind sharing my hug with somebody who also has such a unique (and pretty) name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ARLENE/ ETHEL!
    I will for sure share a hug via FB with my other ARLENE sisterfriend! I loved your poems today, too in your blog as well... so touching and beautiful and heartfelt! Thanks again too, for reading and commenting on my blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. My mom passed away May 7th last year just before MOthers' Day. It is again a tough time for us :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOPs forgot to say who I was, Last comments was from Liliana

    ReplyDelete