Wednesday, January 18, 2012

33 HAPPY years of MOTHERHOOD!

"There are two lasting bequests we give our children. One is roots. The other is wings."
-Hodding Carter, Jr.


"Being a mother made my life complete."
-Darcy Bussell


"A mom's hug lasts long after she lets go."
-Author Unknown


                     HaPpY BiRtHdAy 
          to my first born child, COLIN!



Here is a HAPPY kind of pic of my two kids
Colin ( age 2)...and Jana (6 months )
This is one of the many proud MOTHER
moments I've had since
 Colin was born 33 years ago
... and how can anyone resist that
head of blond curls Colin had as a child?!!!


Another Happy photo of my kids
Christmas time 1981


Me and my kids mid 1981...
once a mother always a mother! 


The last Christmas Colin  spent with us...
2007
He made a SURPRISE visit!
Here he is with my mom...
Mom and Colin had a special bond!
(he has a bit of a scraped nose in this photo!)


Colin's last visit to Saskatoon
This photo with him and Mariah
was taken October 15th, 2010
He makes such a special uncle to Mariah!


A picture of Colin
in Montreal
May of 2008
I may be biassed...
but I think he is pretty handsome!


A pic of my two good looking kids in Montreal together
Winter of 2011
(Jana was there for a shoe show for her store at the time)


A family photo taken at my parents-in-law's
60th Wedding anniversary
October 2010
Colin likes to CHARGE his hair!!!


A few pics of Colin's Hockey years growing up 



Colin loves this picture of his niece Mariah and nephew Beau!
Jana showed it to him when she visited Montreal in the summer
of 2011 which is when this picture was captured!




I am finding it hard to believe that I have been a MOTHER for 33 years already!
Where does that time go??????


I just know that from the day I became a MOM... my life changed forever... and for the better!
For those of you who have followed my blog since I stared writing it just over a year ago, you likely have not seen a lot about my son, 

COLIN, who today is 33 years old!

I have lots of photos and stories about my Daughter, Jana and her family and kids... because they live close by and we are very involved in their lives always.

Colin, on the other hand, who I often refer to as my "LOW MAINTENANCE" child... lives in Montreal and pretty much lives a very simplistic life style and stays in touch very minimally!

He is fabulous at remembering all of the important days and dates of birthdays and special occasions in our lives and usually connects then, but otherwise, we do not have much connection to or with him.

He is a great guy... but is not one to be on the computer... email, Facebook and or any other communication forms... not even real snail mail!

We do love when we connect with him, though, when ever we do.

I just browsed back to my blog from this date last year when he turned 32, and kind of summed him up very well in that blog... entitled
"A'm'other CeLeBrATiOn!... 
Colin turns 32!"

I think Colin is very good at remembering the important dates because he was always so good at any statistic kind of things, from little on. One could ask him about what ever he was interested in and he knew everything there was to know about it.

Colin was very artistic as well... winning an award for art in Grade twelve!

As a kid he played lots of hockey growing up and the family was avid followers of that. He had more people at his games most of the time than anyone else on his team.

Colin has gone more for music since hitch hiking out to Montreal in his late teens... and still plays in a Punk Rock band.

His daily work is as a construction worker, doing home renovations for a company.

Colin is well loved by all the family. He was  the 3rd grandchild on my side of the family and the first on Raskob side.
He is idolized by his one and only niece, Mariah...and Beau really doesn't know him...as the only time they saw each other in person, Beau was only 3 months old!

So for today I am remembering lots of the things that made Colin such a wonderful son to us, and we are proud to see him so happy and successful in his life path  today on 

his 33rd Birthday... 
here's to very many more 
years of happiness Colin!

As Colin's mom...
I couldn't be any prouder 

to call him my son!
And on that note... 

here is my poem for today


33 years ago... 
I never could have guessed
That motherhood would simply be truly the best!
I gave birth to a charming young son,
And since that day have had tons of fun!
The hardest part I think is this...
He lives too far away to give him a a big kiss!
But I think of him often, I really do...
And today I wish COLIN ...
A HAPPY BIRTHDAY , too!

No comments:

Post a Comment