Saturday, January 21, 2012

SmiLeS & HuGs!

"Peace begins with a smile."
-Mother Teresa


"A Hug is two hearts wrapped in arms."
-Author Unknown


"Hold a friend's hand through times of trial, let her find love through a hug and a smile; but also  know when it's time to let go- for every one of us must learn to grow."
-Author Unknown



Mariah with me at Boston Pizza for lunch...
sharing both SMILES & HUGS!


Mariah and Beau's Grandma Nancy on the right
with her sister Shelley ... both with beautiful SMILES at
Boston Pizza yesterday for lunch! 


Selecting our lunches...
Mariah had her normal
BUGS 'N' CHEESE! 


BEAU with one of his most typical SMILES!!! 


A HUGS and SMILES kind of pic
with my two favorite munchkins! 


The next four pics were ones I photographed off of
Jana's Facebook page.
Here is Jana with her two AUSSIE friends
Naomi and Sheryn...
in their Aussie flag tops and bikini bottoms
Jumping for joy!


The 3 gals out wining and dining! 


Another Aussie pic... of the 3 beautiful SMILING girls! 


The 3 girls ... friends for life...
having a fun time together in Australia. 


A picture from GOODLIFE gym this morning...
I especially like the top right hand one...
"MY FRIENDS MY WORKOUT"!

It is nearly the end of Jana's Australian
holiday...
I didn't spend as much time
with my sweet grandkids this past week,
as their GRANDMA NANCY from Edmonton,
 came for week 2 of the trip
to help out with the kiddies!

I did however see Mariah on Wednesday
when I took her along with her
Grandma Nancy to the dance lesson.
I came for a little visit with them after
as well, but Beau was at daycare,
so I didn't see him that day.

That was Colin's birthday and
I talked to him on the phone, too.
He was sounding very good
and even ended the call by saying
"I LOVE YOU MOM!"
(I have to say that really made my day!)

Yesterday Nancy invited me to join her
and her sister, Shelley along with Mariah
for a little BOSTON PIZZA lunch! That was another fun outing, making Mariah
feel extra special. While we were there...
we were noticing the BP on the glasses
there and discussed how those initials
stood of BEAU PEDERSON
and also for BO PEEP!
Mariah is so LETTER and NUMBER
conscious now that she is in Kindergarten!
Mariah also had fun helping the waitress
clean tables! I happened to know the waitress as I once taught her dancing  years ago,
her name was ANGELA!...
She was so good to Mariah!

Today I went to the gym for my 8:30
Body Vive class at the gym, and
as always feel good after that class...
but today even more so as
a group of the gym friends went
out for coffee following...
(but asked not to be posted on my blog!!!) hehehe... We shared lots of SMILES
in our SWEAT PANTS
as we enjoyed coffee
 over some laughs!

Today is supposedly
"WORLD HUG DAY"
apparently it is also
"SWEAT PANT DAY!"
Which kind of gave me the idea
of my blog title... but instead of calling it
SWEATS and HUGS...
I chose to call it "SMILES and HUGS"
instead... thought that sounded better!!!

Jana has been in Australia since leaving
here on January 9th and will
be returning home on Monday night again.
I can see by the many Facebook pictures posted on her page,
 that her and her friends are having a blast.
They have no doubt shared many
SMILES and HUGS during the visit!

Brian and I helped lots with her kids during week one of the holiday.
Then their Grandma Nancy
came from Edmonton to
help during week 2.
 She is now on her way back home today...
and was a great help while here.
I'm sure she also enjoyed many
SMILES and HUGS from the grandkids!

 Brian and I will help out
for the remainder of the time,
while Jana is gone.

Even though the kids have had
their daddy home all along and
he has done a fabulous job with them,
and the grandparents have kicked in
as well... I know they are really beginning
to miss their mommy, now!
I am pretty sure the
kids and JANA will be all
SMILES and HUGS
once she comes home again!

Tonight I am going out with my
cousin Gwen. We are going
to the concert  called
"CLASSICAL MYSTERY TOUR"
This is a concert with our local symphany
joined by a group dressed like
THE BEATLES, and the show will be all BEATLES' music.
Gwen and I were always
BEATLE fans growing up,
so it sounds like fun!
We will likely be SMILING
and SINGING along all night!
 This is my birthday gift from her.

On a sad note... Brian lost a dear friend yesterday. His friend Pete,
who was also a groomsman at our wedding died suddenly of a heart attack.
Another reminder to live in the moment and count our blessings every day.

With today being all about HUGS...
remember to HUG your loved ones often,
Share your LOVE and SMILES always!

On that note...

Nothing brightens a day
more than a smile...
Add a hug to that and
it lasts a longer while.
When someone is having
a lower type day,
Smiles and Hugs
can go a long way!
Even by sharing
with someone in need,
A smile and a hug
will give a lift indeed.
Whether saying hello
or saying goodbye,
Smiles and Hugs are the answer,
give them a try!
Add a squeeze to your hug,
and some love to your smile...
And they will help carry you
for mile after mile!

No comments:

Post a Comment