Saturday, January 14, 2012

CELEBRATE-FUL... & GRATEFUL!

          This past week has certainly been 
        one filled with CELEBRATIONS and 
        LOTS TO BE OH SO GRATEFUL FOR!


             Here are the quotes from the last 
3 days off my little Mary Engelbreit calendar....


Jan. 12th... 
"Count your age by friends not years!"


Jan.13th...
"It isn't the size of the gift that matters, 
but the size of the heart that gives it."
-Eileen Elias Freeman


Jan.14th-15th weekend...
"Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy: They are the charming gardens who make our souls blossom."
-Marcel Proust



Looking CELEBRATE-FUL
... and "OH" so
GRATEFUL!!! 


A little pre-birthday plant I got at the grocery store a week ago
Notice in pic below with gifts... how in one week it has grown!
It smells SOOOO GOOD, too!


A birthday Lunch Celebration...
My birthday was on the 10th...and Joanne's was on the 3rd
so we had it on the 13th... (10 plus 3)
Here we are holding gifts from Brenda, who also treated us to lunch!


Me and the girls at Earl's!
This was a girlfriend birthday lunch yesterday... here left to right
Kellie, Brenda, me, and Joanne. 


And yet another birthday Lunch!!!!!
Almost called this whole blog...
"OUT TO LUNCH"!
Here I am with my cousin Gwen just today
at East Side Marios 


Here is Mariah the other day doing
a pink popsicle "PARTY DANCE!" 


Beau actually fell off his chair eating his orange popsicle!
He has a hard time sitting still anywhere!!!!!
He didn't hurt himself, though...
he just got up and didn't miss a beat! 


A picture Jana had posted on her facebook page the other day.
Here she is in between her AUSSIE GIRLFRIENDS
NAOMI and SHERYN...
Looks like they found a SALE while she is visiting her friends
in Australia for 2 weeks!
... imagine that??????? 


Here is a picture of
Jana, with her Australian friends, Naomi and Sheryn
when they visited here in September of 2006.
It looks like our family room has changed
more than the girls have!


Here are my birthday gifts and cards,
note the little plant in the red polka dot pot,
 how much it grew in
 just one week!
THANKS to everyone
for all the thoughtful gifts.


I have had such a fun week filled with lots...
I almost called this blog
"OUT TO LUNCH"
as that has been a main activity
 for me this week.
Good thing I have made it to
the gym for 4 classes this week, too!

Yesterday I was out to lunch to "EARL'S"
with my dance studio friends...
Brenda, Kellie, and Joanne.
THANKS BRENDA
for a great lunch and girlfriend bond!

When I got home from that,
 there was a sweet little parcel
waiting for me in my mail box
 from my dear Penticton friend, Arlene.
We have really become soul sisterfriends
and feel a connection through our
ANGEL moms who both once sold Avon!
Who doesn't LOVE to
receive a parcel in the mail?
I loved all the little treasures in my package,
and they will always remind
me of my friend!
THANKS Arlene!

Last night Brian and I tried out
a new restaurant in the city for our supper.
It is called the "PRAIRIE HARVEST CAFE"...
very tasty... I recommend it!

Today after my morning at the gym,
I met my cousin Gwen for yet
another yummy lunch...
 this one at "EAST SIDE MARIOS".
Thanks for the birthday lunch GWEN!
We then wandered through Winners
together for a little fun shop together.

I always think of my mom when I
celebrate my birthday. I would not be here,
if it wasn't for her! To her I'm grateful for my
LIFE to CELEBRATE.

I feel GRATEFUL to BE A MOM, too.
I gave birth to my two children around
 my birthday as well... with Jana's birthday the day after mine and
my son Colin's the week after Jana's!
JANUARY is definitely a CELEBRATE-FUL
and GRATEFUL month for our family!

As well as my kids and
me celebrating in January...
I had many friends with celebrations in this month, too... infact growing up we called ourselves the "CBC"
which stood for
"CAPRICORN BIRTHDAY CLUB"

My childhood best friend and neighbor,
will be celebrating her birthday tomorrow,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAY!

Mariah just phoned and asked if she could come over for a sleepover tonight...
so looks like I'll have my
little sweetie here tonight!

So on that note...
my poem of the day!

This past week was one to be so
GRATEFUL FOR...
With family, friends,dining out,
gifts and more.
My birthday's extended to all week for me,
But I love to celebrate,
and it makes me HAPPY!
I've said it before, but I truly am blessed.
When it comes to these things,
I have all the best!
I go with the flow, and follow the punches...
And enjoy every minute...
and all of the lunches!
If life's what you make it...
then mine's CELEBRATE-FUL...
And I am sure feeling just
ever so GRATEFUL!
In fact I must say
"I sure feel young at HEART"
This year has been GREAT for me
from the start!


3 comments:

  1. I liked this, Diane - you are so deserving of this wonderful week, princess-like birthday. Thank you for sharing your life, your heart. I may have mentioned it before, but I can never say it enough, you are very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy and cute blog all rolled into one. I loved your 'quotes' and the photos...I enjoyed it all. It's nice to see you celebrating with friends, I look forward to some day celebrating with you! (how cool would that be) Thank you for the 'shout out'...and thank you for always sharing your beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments... my two ARLENE sisterfriends!!! I look forward to them always...and am glad anyone takes the time to read and comment! I do feel I am lucky in so many ways and having you two as friends is one among many of those reasons! :)

    ReplyDelete