Sunday, January 8, 2012

LESS sleep... MORE time to PARTY!

"Too much of a good thing is wonderful!"
-Author Unknown



I scream, You scream... we all scream for
ICE CREAM!


Nothing like ice cream cones to get all revved up! 


Ice cream cone with sprinkles on top...
soon to be everywhere but on top!!! 


Mariah ROCKING
 the HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLASSES! 


Beau in his BUZZ LIGHTYEAR jammies
just about to spill his fruit loops all over the place! 


Beau dancing on the table
in his snowman jammies 


These two cuties keep me YOUNG at HEART! 


Mariah in a little PRE-CELEBRATION MODE! 


WHO DOESN'T LOVE CAKE! 


Blowing the streamer horn off the cake! 

Beau trying to figure out how to blow his streamer horn!


The CAKE... for an early CELEBRATION! 

Me and Jana in a PRE-BIRTHDAY PHOTO today!

"A DAUGHTER IS A LITTLE GIRL WHO GROWS UP TO BE A FRIEND."
-Author Unknown

"GOOD DAUGHTERS MAKE
GOOD MOTHERS."
-Author Unknown


Beau and Mariah at Jana's on Friday night.
This is what Beau does when you tell him to smile!

I have been busy  working on all my New Year's resolutions the past few days...
trying to make  my new
"LESS IS MORE" resolution a reality!

Last night it was all about
"LESS" SLEEP... "MORE" FUN!

This was our first SLEEPOVER of 2012.
 I find SLEEP is never a big priority
when the kids sleep over!

Brian took Mariah to a Blades hockey game last night...and they did a little Grandpa/ Grand daughter bond... while back here, I was well entertained chasing after Beau!

About midnight, Beau decided he wasn't into sleeping anymore, so I got up and snuggled him in the rocking chair and sang many lullabies to him in efforts to try to get him back to sleep.
He just continued to stare lovingly at me with his big brown eyes, but was not falling back to sleep... hmmmm... maybe it was my singing!
I maybe got some words wrong in some of the songs... but I just made up my own
words in that case, and I figured Beau
wouldn't know the difference!

Today we had a great little play with the grandkiddies before their
mommy and daddy came
to pick them up.

Jana is off to Australia tomorrow for 2 weeks,
so we did a little pre-party celebration.
My birthday is Tuesday and Jana's
is Wednesday...
but with her being in Australia...
we will both be  celebrating them at the same time with the time differences... it will be the 11th in Australia while still the 10th here!...
Kind of a cool thought.

Nels will be flying solo with the kids for the next couple of weeks, so I know we will be helping out when and where ever we can. The kids
other Grandma is coming from Edmonton during week 2 of Jana's trip
to help out , too.

"CARRY LAUGHTER WITH YOU
WHERE EVER YOU GO."
-Hugh Sidey

So on that QUOTE...
Here is my poem of the day...

Party people in the house
... this weekend for some fun,
We had a little sleepover,
and cake, but now it's done.
Wishing my sweet party girl,
a birthday that is great,
As she is traveling far away
this year to celebrate!
Once a mother always one,
and close right from the start.
 Birthday time this year
we'll stay connected in our heart!
JANA, have safe travels and a fun holiday,
Rest assured your kiddies,
will be loved while your away!

No comments:

Post a Comment