Monday, January 2, 2012

Celebrations & Memories!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my BLOG READERS!


"The ideals which have always shone before me and filled me with the joy of living are goodness, beauty and truth."
-Albert Einstein


"It is possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis."
-Margaret Wander Bonanno



The beautiful condo, Christmas tree,
 and view of Saskatoon out  the window at
Bob and Jacquie's!  


Friends, BOB & JACQUIE
hosted a lovely New Year's Eve Party.
They are such a sweet couple!


Brian and I ringing in 2012 at Bob and Jacquie's party! 


Mariah taking a self portrait in the car on route to my cousin Bev's
traditional New Year's Day open house yesterday. 


My cousin Bev with her beautiful SMILE!
 and my hubby Brian yesterday
at the wonderful kick off to the new year
in her lovely home.  


My brothers, Bob, and Brian,
at the New Year's day  open house
hosted by cousin Bev and her husband Bob! 


My nephew Brad and his wife Janelle,
 here with my Auntie Mary and Uncle Charlie 


Auntie  Mary and Uncle Charlie were in fine form
 and I was so fortunate to have a fabulous visit with them
 at Bev's party yesterday in front of the warm cozy fireplace! 


Mariah sat on my knee for another self portrait!
(not so great of me... but cute of her!!!) 


Cousin Gwen chatting with Brian, Bob, Arleen
Janelle and Mariah here! 


When we took Mariah back to her home,
Beau came straight over to his poppa for a little
"HUP, HUP"
He loves those... you can see from his big happy smile here!




Beau looking like such a toddler in his little
Hockey sweatshirt here!!! 


A NEW YEAR...
and a NEW calendar!
A daily "Mary Engelbreit"
"LIFE IS SWEET" one...
Today's saying says:
HAVE! MORE! FUN!


We CELEBRATED the NEW YEAR at two wonderful parties this year.

New Year's Eve we were invited to share in the celebrations at our dear friends' Bob and Jacquie's lovely condo. They went to lots of work to put on a delicious spread with their friends, and we enjoyed visits, games, friendship and food there.

Yesterday we went to my cousin Bev and her husband, Bob's place for their annual New Year's Day open house.
I always enjoy that event and share food, and family time with relatives
and some of Bev and Bob's friends, too!

Last year I took Mariah with me and she was busy taking pictures at it... however this year she was a bit more shy and latched onto my nephew's wife, Janelle... whom she idolizes.
She did sit with me and have a visit with my dear Auntie Mary and Uncle Charlie for a bit, too, and she even drew them a couple of pictures! It is always a fun get together!

This morning Jana is dropping off her two kids for a babysitting day... so I need to get the house ready for my little WHIRLWIND BEAU!!!
He is a "GOER!!!"

Today I have mixed emotions as I remember my dear DAD, ROY!
12 years ago today he passed away suddenly. Nothing could have prepared us for that day, and he is sadly missed in this world, but he is always so fondly remembered.

I did 3 blog tributes to my dad last year if you care to check those out in my archives...
Jan.2nd, 2011-"Fondly Remembering Dad"
April 8th, 2011-"Dance and Celebr-EIGHT"
June 17th, 2011-"My Dear Dad"


My dad meant the world to me and he was the most wonderful role model I could have ever asked for ... today I will blow kisses to him in heaven and remember all he did for me in my life while he was still here.

Tonight we are having Roast Beef in his honor... that was his favorite!

On that note...
here is my poem of the day...

It's that time again, 2nd day of the year,
Memories and celebrations, I hold so dear.
Today I am thinking a lot of my dad.
12 years ago this day was so sad.
His spirit is with me as I celebrate,
The start of  a new year
at this time and date!
As the years move along,
I know he's still near.
He lives on in my heart,
and I hold him so dear.
My dad would want me to be
happy and smile,
Because that was always his way
and his style!
So I'll stride forth and smile
this year from the start,
With the guidance from above
that lives on in my heart!

3 comments:

  1. a wonderful 'new year' blog, and a most touching tribute to your Dad, he sounds like he was a terrific father. Your photos are just great. You are blessed to have such sweet men in your life. I loved your 'quotes' (as usual) and your poem well done (as usual) ( :
    Thank you for sharing your blog...thank you for sharing your tender heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I couldn't say it any better myself. Yes - thanks for sharing your heart through your poignant words, pics and poem. I second all of the above with love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEAR ARLENE SISTERFRIENDS!!!!
    HAPPY 2012 to my best blog comment posting friends!!! hehehe
    I appreciate that you are reading my blog, and that you take time to comment too... it all means so much to me!
    THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! :)

    ReplyDelete