Thursday, January 12, 2012

CHALK Full of FUN!

"The more fun you have, the greater your value to yourself and to your society.  The more fun you share with others, the more fun you have."
-Oquai


"Ask not what fun does for you. Ask rather what you do for fun."
-Oquai


"Fun does not come in sizes."
-Bart Simpson



Mariah and Beau on the Monday
in "SPRING- LIKE" weather,
out drawing with chalk on the driveway!


The first thing Mariah did was print
"MOM" 


Beau was more about mischief than drawing! 


Beau sitting on the little bit of leaf covered snow we have
in the front year this year! 


Mariah enjoying playing
 in the nice fresh air outside .


Mariah striking a ROCK STAR pose
when Jana and Nels dropped the kids here
 early Monday morning! 


The kids dancing on the coffee table! 


A cute shot of Beau on his way by...
this kid never stops going! 


My brother-in-law, Bruce here from Vancouver,
popped by for a visit with the kids on Monday. 


The kids watching some TV with a little
 HEALTHY snack of cut up apples! 


Me out for a special treat Birthday Lunch
with my neighbour, Heather, and Gym friend, Ella,
on Tuesday at McNalley Robinson. 


Out for a Birthday supper with Mariah at Boston Pizza
on tuesday night. 


Mariah and her poppa brian at BP. 


Mariah in the office at the dance studio
with her substiture dance teacher's baby, Alexandra, yesterday.
Her regular teacher, Miss Cara just had a baby boy on Sunday,
so her teacher from last year, Miss Amber is filling in for a while. 


Beau and Mariah with one more coffee table dance
last night when Nels came for supper and to pick up Mariah!



Where do I begin?...
 These last few days have been
"CHALK" full of activities around here!

Monday morning shortly after 7 Am,Jana and Nels brought their kids to spend the day with us.  Jana was headed to the airport for a little 2 week holiday to Australia to visit some of her friends from her Tokyo Japan
"LITTLE MERMAID" contracts.
I know she will love the time she gets to spend with Sheryn and Naomi once again, too!

Originally Nels was going, too, but in the end he chose to stay home with the kids, instead.
With him working ... we will still be a huge help with babysitting etc., while Jana is gone.
Grandma Nancy is coming from Edmonton,
 to help out next week as well.
 I must say that NELS has been a 'SUPER DAD' in his efforts to get the kids to and from their destinations so far including
packing lunches and organizing
for each day's events along the way!

Monday was full of fun and adventure with the two kids here. Luckily I had Brian here to help out as well. The weather was very warm and spring like for this time of year...
in fact the two kids even had a little play outdoors that day, which is amazing
for this time of year in Saskatoon!

When Nels came at 6 to get the kids after his day of work... he joined us for a barbeque supper that day as well.

Tuesday was my birthday and I started out at the gym. I got treated to a lovely lunch with friends, Heather and Ella. Later that afternoon
I picked up Mariah from her after school kindergarten program because she wanted to be a part of my birthday...(so cute of her!)

Brian and I took her out to her favorite restaurant, Boston Pizza
for her special meal called
"BUGZ & CHEESE".
We ended up keeping Mariah for
a sleepover here that night as well.

During that day I was overwhelmed with all the birthday greetings I received
by phone, email and Facebook messages, too.
Thanks to all my peeps for all the love!
 My son Colin...
even tried calling 3 times in efforts
 to track me down in person...
finally connecting in the evening.
He is always so great at remembering
the important and special dates, and I appreciate any connections with him.
( they are usually few and far between!)

Jana's birthday is on the 11th which is the day after my birthday. However this year with her being in Australia and them being 16 hours ahead of us... we actually would have been celebrating at the same time but on different sides of the world!
Jana left Saskatoon on the 9th
and arrived in Australia on the 11th,
meaning she did not see the
10th of January this year at all!

Mariah has been really good in the time
I have had her here, but she has
moments of missing her mommy.
For some reason she finds going into my bathroom and putting on make up
a comfort thing! The other day
when I knocked on the door
to see what she was doing...
she replied...
"I'm 'SOFTING MY CHEEKS'!"...
which was her term for putting on blush!!!
She then came out all done up
in my make up with her arms in
the 'ta-da' pose and said "PRETTY?!"
She then told me she was going
to work for her Auntie Erica one day
as a make up artist.
That is what her auntie does in Calgary!

Yesterday I had Mariah for the day, and took her to her dancing lesson. Because her regular teacher just had a baby on the weekend, her last year teacher will be filling in for the next while. She also has a little baby, too,
who happened to be at the studio yesterday.
Mariah sure enjoyed playing with her
before her lesson.

Nels picked up Beau from daycare and came for Mariah and once again joined us for supper last night.

Today was another gym morning for me and I had a hair appointment following... so there has been a lot going on this week in my life... especially for the girl who had a new year's resolution of "LESS is MORE!"

This week it has been
LESS work... and MORE fun!
"We don't stop playing because we turn old,
but  turn old because we stop playing. "
-Author unknown

Even though I turned another year older...
and possibly even wiser...
I am very happy to report that I still feel very
YOUNG AT HEART...
 thanks to my sweet grandkids!

So on that thought...
here is my poem of the day!

If growing older means wiser too...
Here is another thought that is true!
With each passing year until it is done,
It is also good to leave room for some fun!
We only live once, so enjoy it, I say,
Live life to the fullest every day.
Do the things that matter the most,
Love your family... and even boast!
Spend time with friends, they are the best,
They sometimes know you more than the rest.
They help you sing the song of your heart,
They just know the words right from the start.
Fill each day with smiles, laughs and love,
Feel the warmth from the skies up above.
Just make the most of the simplest things,
Live in the moment and enjoy what life brings!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment