Sunday, January 29, 2012

CHOiCE!

"Every day brings new choices."
-Martha Beck


"Behaviors are a choice. Feelings are sometimes out of our control. Behavior has to do with choices.
-Randall Terry



I still love this wall hanging that hangs in our kitchen.
It says...
"We tend to Seek Happiness
when happiness is
ACTUALLY A CHOICE" 


Here is my good friend, Linda and I this morning.
We normally CHOOSE STARBUCKS over TIM'S...
but we were at the airport and didn't have that
CHOICE option today! 


Here is a picture Mariah took of Brian, Beau and me last Sunday.
It looks like Beau is trying to choose something by
pointing here! 


Here is my little Dancing Queen last sunday.
Mariah often CHOOSES to dance while she is here...
she is a free spirit by CHOICE! 


Here is BEAU choosing to feed his snack to Shuffle! 


Another activity of CHOICE for Mariah when she is here
is to bake cookies, which we also did last Sunday. 


Here is my little happy face Beau last week
He is usually HAPPY
by CHOICE! 


Mariah often chooses to craft while here, too.
It is also a favorite CHOICE of mine as well.


Today as I sat down to write a blog...
I was having a hard time
CHOOSING a theme!
I have CHOSEN a lot of
different ones over time.
I looked back to the 30 blog posts
I wrote in the 31 days of January in 2011,
alone... which were a lot of theme choices...
 so decided to just call it CHOICE!

I was very ambitious last year when
starting out with my blog, but
have written less of them per month
since about March of last year.
LESS IS MORE!... (sometimes!)

I got thinking how my new year's
resolutions this year were to revolve
around that LESS is MORE theme...
but so far I haven't got
really going on that!!!

I met my sisters-in-law yesterday
for a Starbucks. It is always my
coffee of CHOICE !!!
We had a nice visit.
It was Brenda's birthday, too.
No photos were snapped!

Last night Brian and I met friends
Bob and Jacquie for a
nice supper at Athena...
It was a good CHOICE...
the food is always good there!

Today I met my good Lanigan friend,
LINDA, at the airport for a coffee.
Traditionally we usually meet at
STARBUCKS... it is our first CHOICE!
 However, the airport only sells
TIM HORTON'S!
Linda and her hubby, Dennis
and their friends Shannon and Howard
were just headed to HAWAII for
a little tropical get away!
I have never been there myself...
but many say it is a good CHOICE!

Today it is one of my favorite
cousins birthdays.
As a child I idolized her. To me she was
YOGI BEAR, and I was BOO BOO!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
 to my dear cousin DARCY, today,
I hope you have a very
CHOICE kind of day!

I was looking back on some old poems
I wrote a while back and found the
perfect one written in March of 2011...
called:

CHOICE THOUGHTS!
It's up to you, whatever you choose,
You can choose to win, or chose to lose.
You can go barefoot, or maybe wear shoes.
You can stay awake or choose to snooze.
You can choose to be angry,
and really be mad...
Or choose to be happy and always be glad.
You can choose to be good
or choose to be bad.
You can cherish the good times
that you've ever had.
You can choose to praise and not criticize,
You can choose to stay fit and get exercise.
You can always declutter and just organize.
You can choose all your lows
and also your highs!
You can choose to say yay,
or choose to say boo...
Whatever you choose , will be up to you.
So try to make choices
for the good they can do,
These are my thoughts...
and I'll stick with them, too!


2 comments:

  1. And I choose to tell you - GOOD STUFF!!
    Some days we don't choose our circumstances - but we can choose how to react to them - as you so ably pointed out.
    Great poem - pics, it's all so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arlene... Thanks for your words of enthusiasm and encouragement always!
    I love what you have to say about my blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete