Tuesday, March 27, 2012

2 STEPS FORWARD... SEVERAL to the SIDE!

"Focus on what can be done today, even if it is one small step!"
-Pam Farrel


"Small steps taken consistently add up in a big way over time."
-Danna Demetre


"I notice well that one stray step from the habitual path leads irresistibly into a new direction."
-Franz Grillparzer



I think I have included this little "STEPPING OUT"
quote book in a previous blog,
but thought I would share it again as it goes with today's
BLOG THEME.


I had to share this picture and saying on my little
Mary Engelbreit calendar for today...
it says...
"LIVES... GET ONE." 


Here are 2 new pairs of shoes I got at my daughter's
SWANK SHOE LOUNGE
store on Sunday.
Kind of the same but different...
both black loafer styles and super comfy!
Minnetonkas and Toms.


Brian got 3 pairs of shoes at SWANK,
 too, on Sunday!
 His shoes are also kind of the same but different...
all Diesel brand...
2 pairs of dessert boots and 1 pair of loafers. 


These TOMS shoes were a
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY
gift for me
from Jana, Nels and the kids.
I was waiting for their new spring stock
to come in to get them ...
and I LOVE these ones that say
"LET  LOVE RULE"
all over them.


A cute little gift I got from my friend, Jacquie,
 at breakfast on Sunday
in the little HAPPY bag pictured behind the shoes above.
I LOVE that people always think of me when they see
things with POLKA DOTS...
(so sweet of Jacquie to find this and just buy it for me!)


I loved this little EASTER TREE,
so bought it from my friend, ELLA,
who now sells AVON...
I LOVE the polka dots it has as well! 


Jana keeping a firm motherly grip on Beau Saturday night
when their family joined Brian and me for supper at ATHENA. 


Mariah getting ready to color the little kid's place mat color sheet
at supper on Saturday. 


When Beau wasn't throwing crayons across the table
he was hiding them in my camera case! 


A tiny bunny at the bottom of the place mat
that Mariah colored Saturday at Athena!


As I sit down to write my blog today I am sipping my yummy new flavor of
Van Houtte Keurig coffee called
"BUTTERSCOTCH CARMEL"
out of my black polka dot mug that says...
"KEEP IT SIMPLE"

I get SOOOOOOOOO
SIDE TRACKED
lately... and I wonder if it is
just where I am in my life,
or is it that I truly lack focus?!!!

Yesterday I was already to sit down
and write a new blog and I was calling it
"THE SAME, BUT DIFFERENT"
However as my day went,
I just got SIDETRACKED
from one thing to the next!

It is not UNLIKE me
to take a few SIDE STEPS
along the way each day.

So after picking out photos,
etc. for the blog, I got SIDETRACKED
editing photos from as far back
on my computer as the year 2006.

When my blog was not getting done,
I took a little diversion and
went to the gym for
two back to back classes!
It's all GOOD in the end...
however.... I pulled up in front of the gym
five minutes before the class
realizing my runners were still
sitting on my steps at home!

My friend ELLA, was there, too,
so we went for a TIM HORTON
coffee after ward and she brought
me my new AVON order, then as well.
Ella and I discussed that we both
feel so distracted and sidetracked daily,
which made me think it might
just be a stage of life...
(although if that is the case,
I have been in that stage for a long while...
just saying!)

I then came home thinking
I'd make another stab at the blog...
and once again got SIDETRACKED!!!!
IMAGINE THAT??????

YEP, had been thinking about
returning a purchase I got a while ago.
So off I went to WINNERS to return my
DOTTY/ MICKEY MOUSE coat.
I got to thinking how I didn't really need it,
but instead needed some more practical
items in my wardrobe.

That being said... not sure how "practical"
it was that Brian and I made
a casual little stop in at
SWANK SHOE LOUNGE
on Sunday and ended up coming out
with 5 new pairs of shoes!
The store is going out of
men's shoes soon, so Brian decided
 to stock up before that happens.
I am all about comfort, so
I got two more updates for my shoe wardrobe.
It's kind of nice we also get a
"FAMILY" discount there!
Jana told me to wait until spring
when the new TOMS would be in
and I could select a pair as a
BELATED BIRTHDAY GIFT
from her and their family.

On Saturday night,
Brian and I decided to go out
 for a little supper together.
Just as we pulled up in front of the
Athena restaurant, we got a call
on the cel from Jana
looking for a babysitter for Beau
so they could go out for supper!!!!!
He is really not the easiest one
to sit still at the best of times,
let alone in a restaurant!
But Brian just invited them to join us,
and they did.
Beau was lively to put it mildly...
but we did still have a
good supper and visit,
and were well entertained!

Tonight we are all going to a
BLADES HOCKEY GAME
as a family.
I haven't been to a hockey game
since COLIN'S Hockey days years ago.
Should be an adventure if nothing else, especially with BEAU in tow!

Speaking of Colin....
we had a nice phone call
 from him last night.
Brian and I are planning
our next trip to MONTREAL
to see COLIN in July,
so we were just firming up plans
and dates with him.
He sounded in very up beat spirits...
maybe due to the romance he is in with his sweet girlfriend, Caro!

I am taking a small road trip with
Jana this weekend.
She has been asked to adjudicate the
LANIGAN DANCE COMPETITION
this year, so I am just tagging along.
I will stay at my friend, Linda's house.
I have adjudicated that competition
five times since it began years ago.
It is a fun one to judge,
so I know Jana will enjoy
her experience, and I will have fun
watching from the SIDELINES
and getting in a little girlfriend bond
as well!

I did get to the gym again today
so I got in some
STEPS FORWARDS
as well as SIDEWAYS!
Today I did remember my runners
as well, which makes
those STEPS much easier, too.
I am so happy with "GOODLIFE GYM".
The classes and instructors
are all truly "GOOD" there.

Well I managed to stay focussed
long enough to actually
complete this blog!!!!

I came across a very good quote
the other day and will share that here...

"The purpose of life is to discover your gift.
The meaning of life is to give it away."
-David Viscott


So on that thought,
here is my poem of the day....

I'm the QUEEN Of SIDETRACK...
with a hard time staying on task.
Is it my age or my lack of focus????
... I just have to ask!
It's just how my life seems,
I'm not afraid to hide,
I start moving forward
then get pulled to the side.
Many a day I have lots to do
along with a very long list,
But I only start on some of it...
and that is just the gist!
I always stay fairly happy,
so I guess that is a good thing.
But 2 steps forward
and several to the side,
is what my life does bring!




No comments:

Post a Comment