Saturday, March 24, 2012

AcTioN & SoNg to BooT!

"Every day we should hear at least one little song, read one good poem, see the exquisite picture, and if possible, speak a few sensible words."
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


"Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it."
-Albert Einstein



My little ACTION FIGURE
 in his HUNTER BOOTS! 

Beau and Mariah checking out the bucket of toys...
Mariah decided they were needing a bath!

The BOOTS that inspired my blog title!
How cute are these little HUNTERS??????
Trust Jana to get a pair small enough for Beau!


Beau decided he wanted to have a bath with all the toys,
This kid loves water! 


 The kids watching the MUPPET MOVIE!
They kind of look alike in this photo.

My little BASKET CASE!!!!!


Mariah got into her JB Jammies, and got comfy!
 

Beau in his scarf and hat!


One can never have too many blankies!!!!
Beau LOVES his new boots, too
and wanted to wear them all day. 


Mariah crafting telescopes for her little boat set up! 

Beau up close!

Playing a hat game!


Mariah enjoying hot chocolate while checking out how to make
a Mermaid birthday cake on the computer! 

Playing on the cushions in the boots.

Mariah dreaming up her craft... with Beau looking on!

Singer, Carol Welsman signing a CD
for me after her concert last night.

The signed CD...
This one entitled"I LIKE MEN"...
(Reflections of Miss Peggy Lee)

Yesterday was an action packed
day from start to finish!
I started out by getting both
of my grandkids to babysit
for the full day from 9-6,
followed by a wonderful
Carol Welsman jazz concert
at 7:30 last night.

The days are anything but dull
when both grandkids are here...
they wasted no time deciding
the mini toys in our bucket
needed a bath!
Beau had fun throwing the toys
in and watching them make a big splash
 in the water, until he decided
he wanted to be in there, too!

After the toy clean up came a movie.
Mariah picked out the Muppet Movie
to watch, so luckily I am starting
to get better at working
the many TV remotes.
Beau lasted about five minutes
into the movie and then was onto more mischief. He decided he liked
to sit in the laundry basket while
I pulled him around to give him rides!

He went through various stages
of dressing and undressing...
and seemed to want his new
HUNTER BOOTS on!
They are just the cutest,
but somewhat big and clumsy
on him so he had the odd
little trip and tumble!

Even Mariah ended up wanting
to change... but into her jammies
for more comfort!
She spent time watching things
on the computer about various
crafts to make and do.
She got an idea to turn the
family room into a boat and
was busy crafting telescopes
for that little adventure!
Mariah has an
incredible imagination.

Beau is just busy...
he likes to throw things lately...
anything in sight.
Amazingly so no one got hurt,
and nothing got broken...
but he is like a little wild
monkey on the loose!

I was trying to teach
Beau to say "GRAMMIE".
But he still insists on calling me
"POPPA"... it is actually kind of funny!

I had won 4 free tickets
(valued at $30.00 per ticket)
to a jazz concert
off a radio station contest
on facebook.

Our friends, Bob and Jacquie
had been away for the past 7 weeks,
so we decided to share our tickets
with them, as they are jazz fans, too!
We got to the event early and
had a chance to visit first.

I have seen Carol Welsman
a few times
at previous jazz festivals
here in the city.
I was thrilled to get a chance to
see her again.
Her concert did
not disappoint... in fact I loved it,
as I thought I would.
It was held at the very beautiful
Third Avenue United Church.
It makes a great setting
for a venue like this.
The acoustics in there are amazing.
She had a couple of renowned
artists playing with her...
a drummer
(who plays with Doc Severendson)
and a bass/guitar player
(who has played with greats such as
Herb Alpert and Sergio Mendez).
Her regular guitarist was unable to
make it due to yesterday's
Air Canada Strike.
The musician ship was magnificent,
so there did not seem to
be a void of a band member at all!
Carol Welsman is a great performer
and is very gracious as well
as warm with her crowd.
She even invited a local
trumpet player, Dean McNeil,
to join on a few tunes.
So all in all it was a very enjoyable
evening after my very busy day.

I am one who always like to
have music playing in the back
ground at all times,
and my personal favorite
genre for the last several years
has been jazz and standards...
so this concert put a
real song in my heart for sure!
(Mom and Dad would
have loved it, too!)

Today I slept in till almost 8AM,
but needed to get up for my
8:30AM Body Vive class at the gym.
I, too, needed BOOTS
after the evening SNOW
we had again last night!
I will continue to try to put
my best foot forward in
whatever footwear I am wearing!!!

Now I just returned from a fun visit
with cousin Gwen over
a yummy Starbucks latte...
and soon Brian
will be home from work.

So on that "NOTE"...
my poem of the day!

I love my two grandkids,
they sure are cute...
But when they're both here,
there's action to boot!
From running to jumping
to singing with the odd dance.
There's never a dull moment...
NOPE... not a chance!
From the moment they
come through the front door,
There's a trail of activity
and so very much more.
Movies and crafts ...
and even bathing the toys.
Things for grown up girls and
for wild little boys!
But as the loving GRAMMiE,
I wouldn't change a thing,
These two sweet little kidlets,
just make my heart sing.
I even heard sweet music
in a great concert, too...
My day was filled with fun from
the start till it was through.
Action packed or otherwise,
it's truly plain to see....
I really am so lucky for the joy
my life brings me!


2 comments:

  1. your blog was amazing, I love the photos of your grand kidlets...they look like they're having a real hoot...and a boot, I love them. Beau and Mariah are lucky little kids for sure...they appear to have the fun of the house when they're at GrammieD's.
    the concert sounded great...nice to have won free tickets for four, way to go!
    Thank you for sharing the fun times of your life Diane ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... Beau and Mariah do have fun here for sure... I enjoy them but they do tire me out, too!!! hehehe I loved the concert, too...and I enjoy that sort of thing and music... so felt so lucky to win those tickets. I had planned on going to the concert even if I didn't win the tickets, so winning was a bonus! :)

    ReplyDelete