Sunday, March 18, 2012

LUCKY MILESTONE BIRTHDAYS!

"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments."
-Rose Kennedy


"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have the most live the longest."
-Reverend Larry Lorenzoni


"A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have."
-Author Unknown



I Thank my LUCKY STARS...
(and STARBUCKS)
for friends like LINDA.
Here we are yesterday SHAMROCKING her
FREEDOM 55 BIRTHDAY MILESTONE!
We traditionally have a pic at STARBUCKS
every time Linda comes to town.


Later in the day we SHAMROCKED
another coffee
at TIM HORTON'S, too...
and Linda was LUCKY enough to roll up her rim
and WIN a free coffee!
Here we are with our coffee at Dutch Growers
shopping up a storm in the "GREEN" section of the store!


I introduced Linda to the "PURE" delight of the this
frozen yogurt delicacy!
We SHAMROCKED ON everywhere we went! 

Check out this LUCKY SHAMROCK ON
Sisterfreind self portrait!!!


Linda with her Freedom 55... SHAMROCK ON
"LUCKY STARS" themed gift basket! 


Mariah on Friday night at our early celebration for my brother Brian
who reached the SHAMROCKIN MILESTONE of 60 yesterday! 

Brian ready to party with Beau who has
a cupcake in one hand and balloon in the other!

BEAU sitting still for a rare moment
while he enjoyed a cupcake beside my brother Bob

Here I am with my two MUCH OLDER BROTHERS!!!
It's obvious to see I am the youngest at heart as well,
being the only one in a party hat here!!!


Here is Beau with his
PROUD POPPA BRIAN
(PPB!) 


Enjoying a visit and "SEEKING HAPPINESS"
in the kitchen are Jana, Arleen, and Nels. 


Mariah idolizes my nephew, Brad's wife, Janelle.
Here they enjoyed a wee visit once again! 


Getting into the party spirit and hats on the couch...
my nephew, Brad, son in law, Nels, and sister-in-law, Arleen! 


Beau...SHAMROCKING the SHADES!
Jana and my nephew's fiance,
Savannah in the background.
 

Which child is getting the most attention?????
Beau arranging party hats on the coffee table?...
or Mariah with the party blower?!
The main thing is everyone was having FUN!

Beau and his little icing goatee!


Birthday Boy Brian
SHAMROCKIN the tie and hat
while blowin' out the candles on his cupcakes...
A LUCKY MILESTONE MEMORY 4-EVER!

In honor of the two
 BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS
the last couple of days,
I chose 17 LUCKY pictures for this blog
to represent the 17th day of MARCH,
and the two very special people who I celebrated with on their
LUCKY MILESTONES!

Both my brother BRIAN
and my best friend, LINDA,
were born on this LUCKY date in MARCH!
I'm not sure who is more LUCKY ...
them, for having birthdays then...
or me, for having them in my
life to share the birthdays with!

Brother Brian had a gig with his band
last night playing at a wedding,
so therefore  we chose to get the
family together and celebrate
his milestone a day early.
It was so nice that the family
was all present... (except my son Colin!)
My oldest brother, Bob and his wife, Arleen, along with their sons and partners,
Brad and Janelle, & Jeff and Savannah
all made it to the celebration.
Jana, Nels Mariah and Beau were
also here to help make the event
more fun and filled with action galore!
We had cupcakes and ice cream
and lots of laughs all captured in
many photos  to help us
 remember this special occasion.
I only included a portion of the fun
in the pics above! But you can be assured
the milestone did not go by unoticed!!!
We definitely SHAMROCKED ON!

Yesterday my Lanigan buddy, Linda,
came to spend a day of
SHAMROCKIN FUN with me all day.
She celebrated her FREEDOM 55 birthday.
We always go to STARBUCKS and
get a photo there as well.
Yesterday was no exception to our tradition...
in fact we added the
SHAMROCKS and PARTY BLOWERS
 to our  photos as well this time!

We SHAMROCKED ON
everywhere we went yesterday
to celebrate her birthday in
ST. PATRICK'S DAY STYLE.
We went from Starbucks, to Winners
then onto London drugs...
and then to "PURE" the yummy
frozen yogurt place that is fast becoming
one of my very favorite places
to go in the city!
We had a second coffee but this time at
TIM HORTON'S and after getting that
in the drive through headed for
more shopping at Dutch Growers!
We always have fun whenever
we manage to get together,
but yesterday was particularly fun ...
and LUCKY, too!
We both found some fun purchases
along the way and Linda even
won a free coffee on her
"roll up the rim to win!"

So needless to say we celebrated the
LUCKY MILESTONES in
SHAMROCKIN' ST. PATTY'S STYLE!
I love a chance to celebrate
and especially when there is
a THEME involved...
so it was a LUCKY time all round!

Last night I babysat Beau while
his daddy took Mariah to a movie
and his mommy had a friend event.
Tonight I am having Mariah for a
little sleepover here...
and the beat goes on!

I took several more cute photos
of Beau last night and am guessing
there will be some of Mariah tonight.
I will save those for the next blog!

So on that note...

I feel LUCKY and also blessed...
That the people I hang out with
 are just the best!
Two of them just had MILESTONE days...
We SHAMROCKED ON ...
in many ways.
With the LUCK of the Irish on this date,
It made it more LUCKY to celebrate,
And celebrate we surely did do...
I had fun... and I hope they did, too!

2 comments:

  1. your blog is great! I especially loved the 'quotes'...the photos are also very good! Love seeing everyone enjoying themselves, you sure made it festive.
    Your grandkids get cuter by the photo.Thank you for sharing your family life ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I appreciate your kind words always... and thanks for checking out this blog, even tho all these pics have appeared on FB already!

    ReplyDelete