Saturday, March 10, 2012

WHAT MATTERS MOST

I think what matters most... is when you follow your heart, make simple things count, treat others with kindness and compassion, and just to be grateful!



I've been to Tim Horton's and
 to STARBUCKS this week,
 and read many quotes in between!


My excited Grandkids
the day they left for a little holiday this week. 


I took over a SCRAPBOOK from
our trip to DISNEYLAND when Jana was five,
to share with Mariah who is now five.
They were in DISNEYLAND, too, yesterday! 


Squeaky clean Beau after his bath
all clean and ready to get dressed and go
to the airport. 


PROUD Mariah with her new
 TINKER BELL rolling Suitcase! 


BEAU was on a ROLL...
with his sister's suitcase! 

This is one BIG BURGER!!!!
from Rock Creek TAP and GRILL Restaurant.


Jana's "FISHY- FISH"
we are FISH SITTING while they are away! 


SHUFFLE looking somewhat jealous
over this new FISH (pet) in the house! 

DOTTY.... or DISNEY???????
I bought a new coat at Winners
and thought it had polka dots,
but Brian thought it looked more like
Mickey Mouse heads all over!!!
What are your thoughts?


Brian installing new lights
in our family room today.

This past week I have done a lot of
analogies on LIFE...
and WHAT MATTERS MOST!

At this stage of my life I know
I am a bit all over the map
with thoughts about it.
Sometimes it's easy to get
caught up in things that really
do not matter that much in the end!

The little book (photographed above)
was a Christmas gift from my friend, ELLA.

Her and I go to lots of the same gym classes
followed by coffees out to TIM HORTON'S.
We have both been on a ROLL lately...
with our attempts to
"ROLL UP THE RIM TO WIN!"
However we haven't won too often.
She won a coffee last week,
and this week I won a donut!
BUT... we both feel like "WINNERS"
when it comes to friendship
and enjoy our visits each time we connect!

Out of the little book ...
called "WORDS THAT MATTER",
I found this quote...
"When you focus on the goodness in your life, you create more of it."
- Oprah Winfrey

I was also went to Starbucks this week
with my cousin Gwen.
I always feel like a "winner" there, too!
I enjoy a good visit over a
TAIZO CHAI LATTE!

Gwen and I also popped into WINNERS
for a brief shop after our coffee where I "SPOTTED" the very funky polka dot
spring coat you see in the photo above. However when I tried it on to show my hubby...he thought it looked more like
MICKEY MOUSE EARS,
than POLKA DOTS!!!

Jana, Nels and the kids are off to
VEGAS and DISNEYLAND
for a little family vacation.
They left on Wednesday,
so I was over to say good bye
and wish them a good time before they left.
We had a very brief phone chat
with them today and it sounds
like they are having fun!

Brian and I had to go back to Jana's
 on Thursday and pick up their FISH,
to babysit while they are gone.
On route we stopped at a nearby
 restaurant for a quick bite to eat.
My supper proved to be
more than just a BITE!!!
I ordered a burger and it was HUGE...
in fact even with my big mouth,
I could barely open it wide enough to eat it!

When we got home, SHUFFLE'S
nose was a bit out of joint with having
to share some of her spotlight
with a new pet!
She looked glaringly up to the counter
where the fish swam around in it's jar!

I have sure enjoyed the IDOL
and the VOICE and many of my
other TV shows this past week.
Brian and I tend to have different tastes
in TV so today he bought a second TV
 and now we can both tune into
what we enjoy on different sets!

We also bought some new lighting for our
family room, today.
Brian is busy installing it as I do this blog...
and is uttering a few sound affects
and words to go with that as well!!!
(wink wink!)

Tomorrow I look forward to a
BABY SHOWER
for Mariah's Dance Teacher,
 Miss Cara, who had a baby boy,
MASON, in January.
The SHOWER is at the
Dance Studio from 2-4 PM.

Cara once assisted me
when I taught at the studio,
and was such a sweet girl
 to work along side. 
Too bad Mariah is away
and will miss out on that fun!

 On a different note...
I am remembering the devastating
earth quakes in Japan which took place
only a year ago... on March 11th.
Once again it makes me realize how
I need to always appreciate the
simple things in life and
hold my family and friends so dear.

My Mary Engelbreit calendar
says this today...
"A Happy Family is Heaven on Earth."
On that quote...
my poem of the day!

At this stage of life,
I have many a thought,
And one is that I am
sure distracted a lot!
I start in on one thing,
then onto another,
Hanging with friends,
and often my brother.
When my hubby takes time off,
I'm with him too...
Then I get sidetracked
from the plans I might do!
But when all is said...
and not much is done,
WHAT MATTERS MOST
is to leave time for fun.
Because in the end,
in the short lives we live,
Life's about some TAKE
and also some GIVE!
The focus should be on
the simplest things,
And all of the joys
that everyday brings.
Simple can be special
when we look at it right,
Better to stay calm,
than to get all uptight.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVED everything about this blog...specially the coat, the polka dots do look a bit like micky's ears (cute ears) and the lady wearing it looks fab.
    Your 'quote' and poem were great, thank you for sharing.
    (sorry I took so long in reading it):but I'm staying calm and not getting uptight ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeHeHe... thanks Arlene... I always love when you stop by to comment... it means a lot... and thanks for all your great comments, too... greatly appreciated.:)

    ReplyDelete