Friday, June 10, 2011

Blogging 102... BLESSiNGS!

Today as I drink my coffee out of my Black mug with white dots... the message inside says ...
"KEEP IT SIMPLE"


My oatmeal package today said ...
"PLAY LIKE A CHILD"


And keeping in THEME... here are a couple of BLESSING QUOTES!!!


"Blessings are best when they are given naturally, thoughtfully- and when they are tailor made for the recipient. "
-Anna Trimiew


"To be satisfied with what one has: that is wealth. As long as one sorely needs a certain additional amount, that man isn't rich."
- Mark Twain


Here is a picture with my two GRANDKIDDIES this morning.
I had to bribe Mariah with a PURPLE POPSICLE to be in a pic!
(I think she gets tired of Grammie D and
her wishes for so many photos, always!)

My POTS with the DOTS and SPOTS
( now I have LOTS!)

Beau and Shuffle and I on our morning walk
Beau really dislikes wearing his hat!!!

Some of my flowers in the front...
I'm not usually a green thumb... but hey,
Look at me go this year!

Beau sitting by his "BEAU" Stone
on his deck last night!

Mariah sitting by her "MARIAH" Stone
on her deck last night,
 coloring on a piece of wood

BEAU being a happy little camper

BEAU standing by himself!

Beau and Jana at DQ last night!

A very old collage of pictures that hangs at the top of my stairs.
There isn't a day that I don't stop and look at this on my way by it
and have a memory or two from way back then!
Some of these photos go back as far as 1979!

Today as I thought about a theme for my blog, I figured "BLESSINGS" was a good one.
It pretty much sums up my life and where I am at in it at this point!

I am babysitting Beau today as I most often do on Mondays and Fridays, and he is down for his morning nap now. We took a big walk through the park today so hopefully that fresh air and activity will make him tired enough to sleep for a while now. Shuffle loves her walks, and the park was so pretty this morning, too.

It's so nice out today I might even blow up the paddling pool for Beau to splash in later...
he loves water!

Yesterday I had a fun day of "GAL"avanting around with my friend Gailene. She has just recently become a grandma of her second Grandaughter... so she is really into the "NEWBORN" shopping. We went to a fun kiddies store yesterday called
BIBBITY BOBBETY BOO!
She purchased some very darling gifts there. We did a lunch and then continued to shop away all afternoon. FUN DAY... We always enjoy each other's company and are at the same place in life, so fun to compare notes on that as well, along the way.

Jana invited us for supper last night as Nels was out of town. We enjoyed our visit with her and the kids on her deck and then went to
Dairy Queen after ward for a little dessert treat. Beau enjoyed his water there but ended up spilling it all over the table... oops!
It gave him a puddle on the table to splash in.

Mariah is not really liking having her picture taken as much lately... maybe I have killed that desire for her. I am always so camera happy!!!! She was darling though last night... in her "Curious George Jammies" and coloring away! She brought me a picture of Cinderella to color for her today, too! She is spending the day with her mommy at work today because there is no day care today. She loves a chance to bond with her mommy one on one!

Later Jana and Mariah will come here for  supper after the day at work. It is another great day to spend out side on the deck.

I am loving the new
"So You Think You Can Dance"...
I think there is an awesome lineup of talented dancers once again, and it was a great show last night as they revealed this year's top 20.

As you can see by my pics in today's blog...
I went back to MICHAEL'S to pick up more POLKA DOTTED POTS!
Are they not just the cutest?????
I just LOVE them...
Mariah likes the purple one best!
I bought pansies yesterday, too to plant in the newest 2, and I love how they always
have little smiling faces!

Life is good...I'm LOVIN' it Lately!

"Love is an irresistible desire
to be irresistibly desired."
-Robert Frost

And here is my poem of the day
for my 102nd blog post...

Although my life's simple, I think it's the best.
I feel really lucky, in fact I'm so BLESSED!
In all of my years, I have done many things...
And somehow I'm flying without any wings!
I cherish my family and love all my friends,
The goodness in my life, just never ends.
I have lots of stuff, some old some new,
I'm ever so grateful for all of it, too!
I danced through my young years, tapping away
I loved every minute...
my TAP SHOES wont' stray!
I love lots of music, especially JAZZ,
I love the free feeling and smoothness it has.
My hubby's the best, I'm thankful we married...
We have lots of memories,
together we've carried.
My kids brought me joys
in their years growing up,
I loved all my doggies, yep every pup!
I adore and love my grandkids, too...
Oh yes, I'm real lucky...
I'm BLESSED through and through!

3 comments:

  1. Hi friend - how do you do this so well? You make it look so easy. Congrats on blog number 102! How can that be - seems it was just a bit ago that you were just starting. Another winner and reminder to your readers to count our blessings EVERY day. I love your quotes and isn't it interesting how often things around us reflect what's on our minds. Great work, pal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another happy tappy blog and I love it, of course...I love the photos, Mariah painting on wood is cute too like the 'Tole Painting' I do..she could be 'tapping' into a crafting gift, crafty like her Grammie too, maybe..( ;
    I'm happy for you..102 blogs is great..congratulations are in order that's for sure..that's a lot of blogging & I loved reading everyone of them! Thank you for sharing, I look forward to reading 102 more...so 'keep on blogging' my blogging friend..xo ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you my Dear ARLENE SISTERFRIENDS!!!
    I look forward to what both of you say each time! Thanks for always tapping in to read my blog... it means a lot. I do enjoy writing them, but it is always nice to know someone out there enjoys reading them, too. Then it makes it even more worthwhile! thanks xoxo

    ReplyDelete