Wednesday, June 15, 2011

SiDE TRAcKED!

Yesterday's "SEIZE THE DAY" Calendar saying was this...


"Instead of counting your days, make your days count." -Author Unknown


Today's saying is this...


"Cultivate simplicity." - Charles Lamb


...And once again I got these two sayings on my oatmeal package...


"Never underestimate your capacity for change."
"Nourish your emotional heart."


BEAU and SHUFFLE
enjoying the nice weather and view
in the park on  Monday!

Beau in the bucket swing at the park.

More smiles from Beau in his little
rain- BEAU paddling pool!

Another yummy barbeque enjoyed on the deck
Monday night...
My hubby is such a good cook!

Brenda trying out a lawn chair in
London Drugs yesterday after our
STARBUCKS visit!

Mariah in her
"FANCY NANCY" t-shirt!
She was drinking a yogurt drink
and assured me it was HELL-FEE!

Jana and Beau enjoying their
new deck furniture yesterday!

Mariah wrote a note to claim her spot on
the new deck furniture!!!
so cute... she wrote...
MARIAH
DAD
and then masking taped it to the pillow!

My perfect start
to my everyday
pretty much...
(funny how I don't often stray from this either!)


Yesterday was to have been a
"BLOG WRITING DAY"
but the day ran away without me!

It's all good though... there is really no right or wrong time to do my blog, but I have a few loyal followers and one who actually missed it yesterday... (ARLENE K!)... I love ya!!!

I had great plans to do up a big POLKA DOT
themed blog yesterday... but hmmmm...
I got "SIDE TRACKED"
imagine that?!

I will do a POLKA DOT one soon, though... although all my blog readers know how much I love polka dots by the scattering of them they see in my pics already!

I have been cleaning out cupboards and closets with the hopes of getting rid of stuff and so far I have downsized a bit...
but man I get sidetracked...
and actually have been photographing my POLKA DOT sock along the way... thus the
(COMING SOON) POLKA DOT THEME!

In the mean time... here is how my
side tracked day went yesterday...

You know how somedays you have a plan?
And for some reason, the more you try to follow it... the more the plan gets changed?
Well my day was sort of like that...
but it is all good...

I was just laying out my assortment of polka dot clothes to photograph, when my good "PHONER FRIEND", Lynne called me from Regina. She is not one to be on the computer, so we always have a lot to catch up on via phone! She was my next door nieghbour  when our kids were small, so we have lots in common and share the same views on lots of stuff.
Now our conversations mostly are just a
brag fest of our grandkids!!! hehehe
We each have 2 grandkids...and they are ofcourse the most wonderful ones around, and we are hardly biassed!!! (wink, wink!)

I had to cut her conversation short, or I was going to be late for my BODY FLOW class at the gym. I do not like to be late for anything...
(it is a pet peeve of mine!)
The class felt great as it always does, and TRENT, the teacher did an old track ending with my favorite cool down...to
"100 Thousand ANGELS" by BLISS.

I was then to pick up my friend Brenda and go for a lunch and little shop. Her car was in for service or something...
so I was the driver for the day!

Our plan was to go to Beily's ... but when we got there, it was closed! So we changed our plans... and went to East Side Mario's instead.
For us it really doesn't matter where we go,
we always have fun!
We ended up at STARBUCKS after that... imagine that?!

We did some fun shopping around and Brenda was trying out some funky lawn furniture at London Drugs... we both get easily
SIDE TRACKED... must be a
dance teacher-thing!

Jana texted me while I was out with Brenda to see if I could get Mariah from her daycare and take her to their place and wait with her till Jana and Beau came home. Jana took Beau to her work yesterday!

Mariah was cute... we sort of got
SIDE TRACKED on our way and had a little stop at DOLLARAMA! I love that store...and so does Mariah, but I limited her to 2 things only...
she chose a pink furry cat and
 an aero chocolate bar.
(Those were always my mom's favorite bars!)

Anyhow by the time I got home it was close to 7...and I watched "THE VOICE" followed by "AMERICA'S GOT TALENT"
By then I was too tired to do my blog!

I am wondering how back in the
DANCE STUDIO days... I managed to get so much done! I was the studio manager, teacher, choreographer, and secretary... and had 2 small kids, 2 years apart... and managed to fit everything in that needed doing every day!

Now I find I have way more time, but get way less done... hmmm...
Must be an age thing, or maybe I just get more side tracked!
I wasn't into the computer back then... maybe that has something to do with it, too!!!

All I know is that I maybe have more time to just enjoy life now...and I'm sticking with that!

Here is another quote for all my great friends out there that contribute so much to my life...

"One's friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human."
-George Santayana

On that note/quote...
here is my rhyme of the day!

Some days go fast and others go slow...
But funny how they all just seem to GO!
So many days I just have a plan...
And I try to stick to it, if I can.
But often with me, SIDE TRACKED I get,
The things I was to do, I sometimes forget.
I sometimes follow a different map,
And change my mind within a snap.
It's good to change things up sometimes...
Get out of the rhythms, but not the rhymes!
Until there's a reason to get things done,
It's always good to just have some fun!
Things aren't always in the planned way,
But they will get done at some point one day!





6 comments:

  1. Diane, I loved your blog..I'm a 'little' late reading it, only due to being busy.. kind of relating to your quote..cultivating my garden..heehe. Your photos are wonderful the barbecue looks so yummy, you're lucky to have a hubby who cooks too ( ; your breaky items are so healthy looking..gotta love blueberries & yogurt ..my favorite..thank you for sharing..I'm already looking forward to reading your next one..( : LOVE them for sure...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Again Arleena/ Arlene!
    I hope to keep my every second day pattern for my blogs... but sometimes I do more and sometimes I do less... it just depends on how SIDETRACKED I get. I am just glad someone Taps in to read and enjoy it!:) Thanks for being such a LOYAL reader and follower of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear facebook blogging friend, you are most welcome..I really do look forward to reading your blog each day, some days I'm 'a little' late, but eventually do get to read it. Every second day sounds alright to me...you blog and I'm here, ready to read it anytime, late or early, 'have no fear I'm here' heehe..
    I LOVE your poems, quotes & photos...Thank you for sharing your heart & your family times with with me. ( :
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH... hehehe just caught this comment, too, Arleena /Arlene!
    You are the best at leaving comments... glad to know someone is enjoying reading as much as I am enjoying writing! hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and - can't believe I didn't get to this cheery blog till now. Busy time of year - but it's wonderful to sit down, relax and read about your life and see your amazing photos. You are so lucky that Brian enjoys cooking - looks wonderful and can't imagine how tasty that meal was. Great you get to enjoy your meals and time together on your deck that love built. It makes those summer moments very memorable. Another 'home' run and great read.. Look forward to the next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Thank you... for tapping in and reading! I always love what you have to say about my blog! Greatly appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete