Monday, June 6, 2011

A "SPOT" to BLooM & GRoW!

Plant seeds of kindness & harvest happy hearts!- Mary Engelbreit


When you Nurture nature, it returns the favor.


I SPOTTED these cute little pots at Michael's
and needed some little pots for some of the
left over bedding plants  purchased a few weeks ago.
The little BLOOM box has little cards designed
to encourage hope and greenness and feed smiles.
( I got those Bloom cards from my friend Joanne
 for my birthday back in January!)


Look at the plastic plates I SPOTTED yesterday!
They were pretty much calling me from the shelf
and I knew I couldn't afford to be without them!

I got a little cherub/angel in mom's honor
to sit in the flower bed
 near the lilac bush planted
in my dad's honor 11 summers ago.

Here is me and Beau by one of the many pots
I planted a few weeks ago.
Shuffle likes to pull out the centre plants,
so we leave most of the pots in the front
where Shuffle can't get at them!

Here is Mariah and Jana at our first barbeque
of the season and the new deck yesterday.

Beau pushing Mariah in his stroller...
A little after supper exercise!

Here is our new barbeque!

Brother Brian with Shuffle
(with whipped cream on her nose)!

Beau visited his great grandma Blanche today.

Here is Beau with his great grandpa Greg
 this morning in his backyard.

Little Beau in a big lawn chair!

I enjoyed a couple of "DECK"-tacular days on our new deck.  Today was pretty much hot all day and yesterday got warmer as the day progressed, and was just perfect for our very first barbeque on the new deck.

Brian decided we needed a new barbeque, and when he decides we need something...
he pretty much just goes and gets it!

So with the new barbeque and new deck... we are ready to kick off summer around here!

Most people who know me, know I love polka dots... and I love when I "SPOT" stuff with dots on them. The little flower pots I found at Michael's and they were on half price last week... so I got 3, but they come in 3 more colors... so I might need more, they are so cute!

The adorable picnic plates I found at Homesense yesterday and they were reduced , too, but they only had 5 left...
so I bought all of them.
They really do scream my name! hehehe
I SPOTTED them right away on the shelf!

We used them at our barbeque last night. Shuffle enjoyed licking plates and ended up with so much whip cream on her face, she needed a bath, so I did that last night, too!

Beau was so good today and we spent a lot of time out doors. Brian took today off, so we popped by his parents for a little visit this morning. They just love any chance
they can get to see their grandkids
and great grandkids!

Nels was busy building a fence in their back yard yesterday so he didn't join us for the first barbeque of the season, however, Jana packed up supper and took it home to him after!

I have many pics of my many plant pots I've planted this year... but I might scatter them into other blogs... I hope my little bit of a "green thumb kick" hangs on and they
all survive that long.
Gardening has never been my best one!
I do like the look of a nice yard with pretty plants and flowers in it, though!

A little saying from one of my BLOOM cards says this...
"Everyday is a chance to inspire, act and succeed."

Well we just had our second barbeque of the season just now and enjoyed the looks of all the things in BLOOM out in our yard. I love summer!

Each flower needs a SPOT to
BLOOM and GROW...
Even babies need one , too, I know!
I got some SPOTS to put a few,
You can likely SPOT them,
if you look here, too!
You might even SPOT the odd other thing...
And oh what joys those SPOTS do bring!
Infact I just cannot get enough...
I love my BLOOMIN' SPOTTED stuff!

4 comments:

  1. So enjoyable, Diane. Love your poem. Cute. Everything so adorable. Nice barbeque - a Weber, they're the best! Way to go. Again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene/ Ethel!
    You always are so encouraging with your words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cute blog full of cute things for sure...you really can 'spot the dot', you're quite good at it Diane.( : I love the theme & the photos...the deck looks great..nice to see it 'all decked out' for summer..( ;
    I just know your plants will grow with your tender loving care too..thank you for sharing your 'blooming blog', I loved it..( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arlene/Arleena!
    I thought you might like this one being the gardener that you are!
    Thanks for sharing your comments, too! :)

    ReplyDelete