Tuesday, June 21, 2011

EVENTFUL!

"If you have something to do, someone to love,and something to hope for, 
everyday becomes a  celebration." 
- Anna Trimiew


"On with the dance! 
Let the joy be unconfined:
No sleep till morn, 
When youth and pleasure meet 
To chase the glowing hours with flying feet."
-Lord Byron





One of the "MANY" cute faces from Beau
yesterday when I babysat him!
He just finished rubbing his blueberry covered face
on the side of the high chair!!!


Jana doing a CHEERS to her dad at the Sunday
supper she hosted in his honor for FATHER'S DAY. 


POPPA BRIAN enjoying his two darling grandkids
 at Jana's on Father's Day.
MARIAH recorded  herself singing
"For he's a jolly good fellow "
to her own tune in the card she gave him... so cute!!!
Such a treasured "KEEPER"!


NELS and his gift and card from us
Father's Day.
Beau joining in!!! 


A pic from last year's JAZZ FESTIVAL
here at the Broadway free stage with my friend LINDA.
We have always done a traditional JAZZ It UP DAY! 


Brother Brian entertaining at the JAZZ FEST last year,
this is the concert Linda and I were at in the photo above. 


MARIAH getting her GROOVE ON centre front
 at last year's free stage
by the beautiful  BESSBOROUGH  HOTEL.
I can't wait to introduce BEAU to some free jazzin in the park this year!


A couple of my FAVORITE LOCAL JAZZ
artists... BOBBY KLASSEN on Sax
and MAURICE DROUIN on piano.
These two are seen here in the free
pocket  park venue last year at the jazz fest.
They also played at both of my parent's funerals, too.


A cute decoration at the baby shower I attended saturday.
(More on BABY SHOWERS in my next blog!)

My "MARY ENGELBREIT Calendar says this for the month of JUNE...

"Act happy, feel happy, be happy, without a reason in the world."
-Dan Millman

My daily quote off my SEIZE THE DAY Calendar for today says this...
"Be open to possibility."
- Robin Pickens

My life has been rather "EVENTFUL" lately,
but it is the best way to be!

My last two blogs written were a couple of my favorites, in tribute to the great dads in my life.

I have found a really satisfying purpose in my blog writing this year and once again thank each and everyone who choses to
"TAP into my SIMPLE" life and read all about it.
I am truly flattered when you join in!

Last saturday was a baby shower hosted by Jana and two of her friends  honoring their good friend SHELANE,
who had her baby BRAXTON on May 22nd.
They did a fabulous job of honoring them and hosting the baby shower.
I love holding brand new babies!!!
 I will post more pics from
that "EVENT" in my next blog.

This wednesday the dance studio is hosting another baby shower for MARIAH'S dance teacher Miss Amber who gave birth to her little girl, ALEXANDRA on May 28th.
I am helping Brenda with the planning and decorating, etc, for that one. I know it will be fun as well. My cousin Gwen also has Miss Amber for a teacher of her adult tap class, so Gwen put together a wonderful gift on behalf of the adult tappers and brought it here for my assistance in wrapping yesterday. That pic will also follow in my next blog, after wednesday night's shower!!!

If you are reading this and know AMBER... please come to the"BABY" shower at the studio
at 7 PM tomorrow night... JUNE 22nd...
the more the merrier!

The weekend was a great celebration of
DADS and GRANDPAS!
We shared some time with my father -in-law GREG and also had a lovely lasagne supper at Jana's to celebrate her dad, and my hubby, BRIAN, and also NELS father to my sweet grandkids , Mariah and Beau!

My good friend Linda from Lanigan has had some tough luck in her life this past week.
She owns and operates the
"Lanigan Advisor" Newspaper  and their form of distribution is the weekly mail outs.
Unfortunately with the postal strike nation wide, it is putting a damper on her business.
But to add more stress to her life, her husband, Dennis was in a bad motorcycle accident on father's day in Montana. He takes an annual trip with buddies and relatives, and this was his yearly "EVENT" again, which ended in this bad turn of events.

Linda flew to be with him and has assured his operations thus far, have been successful.
I was thankful to hear that news.


Those were a couple of "EVENTS" Linda wasn't planning on, and due to that I am pretty sure she will be unable to share fun with me at this year's annual JAZZ FESTIVAL here in town. It has always been "tradition" for as far back as I can remember knowing Linda, that she come to the city and JAZZ it up with me, during our annual JAZZ FESTIVAL.

I will be JAZZING it up for sure, though. I am excited to introduce BEAU to the festival this year. MARIAH has loved her experiences with it to date. Last year at festival time BEAU was still a bump in his mommy's tummy!!!

We also have a wedding to attend the final weekend of the festival week for  some friends of ours who's son is getting married in Waskesui.  So all in all there are many events coming and going on around here for sure.

I will head off to my tuesday morning
"BODY FLOW" at the gym shortly.

Later on today we will babysit both kids while Jana and Nels go out to celebrate the
second anniversary of  their shoe store...
"THE SWANK SHOE LOUNGE"
with co-owners.

I am enjoying all the reality on TV
and especially all the dance shows.
"So You Think You Can Dance Canada"
began last night. Watching those shows is like a full time job in itself with each episode being 2 hours long and 2 shows for each a week!... With the American and Canadian versions both on at once that is 8 hours of TV
alone per week in just dancing!
Thank goodness I can tape and cut some of the watching time by spinning
forward through the adds!

Well that pretty much brings you up to speed with some of the "EVENTS" in and around here for now... stay tuned for my BABY SHOWER feature on Thursday's blog!
(I have pretty much decided to try to stick to my every second day format of blogging now!)

There's always a lot going on around here...
I just LOVE this JAZZY time of year!
From babysitting... to baby showers, too,
There is always something to CREATE or to do.
Soon I'll be sitting in the park in the sun,
Enjoying the JAZZ and having some FUN!
I'm loving TV with all of it's DANCE...
So really it isn't only by chance,
That I love my family, my friends and my dog,
And also look forward to doing my blog!




4 comments:

  1. A blog that has me feeling joyful and tearful..I loved the photos and the poetry, but hearing the news about sister friend, Linda makes me very SAD. Although I've not known her that long, her friendly & funny personality shines through in all of her facebook comments & remarks.
    I hope & pray all will be back to normal for them soon!
    Diane, I love your enthusiasm for the fun times happening around the jazz festival..sounds like a fun time for sure..I'd love to attend it one of these yrs.
    Thank you my friend, for always sharing your happy tappy life with me..xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS ARLEENA/ ARLENE!!!
    I love that you always take the time to post a comment on the blog site and on my Fb as well... Thanks so much... I'm glad you enjoy reading about my simple little life too... you are such a good friend for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally getting caught up with your blog. You call your life the simple life. It's a wonderful life, Diane. Testimony to family values and the strength of friendships. You and Brian are great parents, grandparents and your life is anything but simple.. it's packed full of positive busy-ness. Love it! Love your quotes and poems! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks... well I feel fortunate that I can SIMPLY do what I enjoy the most in life... and that is pretty SPECiAL!!! hehehe for me especially! Thanks again for always TAPPING in!

    ReplyDelete