Sunday, July 10, 2011

CELEBRATIONS and TRADITIONS Continue!

"Life is to be fortified by many friendships. To love and be loved is the greatest happiness of existence."
-Sydney Smith


"If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it."
Mother Teresa



This is my good buddy Linda and me enjoying one of the
MANY TRADITIONAL STARBUCKS
together, yesterday.
 I LOVE how the sign we happen to be sitting in front of says...
"SHARE, ENJOY, LINGER, TALK"...
and that is what we always do when ever we can get together...
let the "STARBUCKS TRADITION" continue!!!


Here is my nephew Brad and his wife, Janelle,
 one year ago today, at their wedding.
HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY to them today!


Janelle and Brad reading my crafted wedding card the day after their wedding
at their gift opening last year, July 11th, 2010.
Such a beautiful day out last year... and this year it is pouring rain here .


Mariah idolized Janelle at their wedding... infact to this day she still thinks of Janelle as a princess!
Mariah knows exactly how to find Brad and Janelle's wedding pictures on my iphone, too! 


Another celebration...
Above are my grandparents and my cousin Darcy and her husband, Jeff
 the night before thier wedding on July 10th, 1970.
This was my Grandpa's birthday... not sure how old he would been turning today if still alive,
but I am sure he will be eating cake in Heaven today!


I was the Bridesmaid for my cousin Darcy's wedding on July 11th, 1970.
Here we are in front of LakeView Church in Regina where their wedding took place. 


My grandparents on July 8th, 1972 at my Brother Bob's wedding.
This is my dad's dad on the left, and my mom's mom and dad on the right.
My grandma... (who I called "NANA or NANNY") was holding her camera...
It is funny how much better the quality of pictures have become since then.
Co-incidentally, Jana just texted me to say Mariah now wants to call me NANNY!


Here is my dad's dad, (my Grandpa) on his 99th Birthday...
on July 12th, 1990.
Here he is with my kids Jana (age 9) and Colin age (11).
(I love how the "Flourescent" colors were in then, and are now back in once again this summer!!!...
 Fun how traditions and trends circulate!!!)


My Grandpa with my dad's youngest sister, my Auntie Betty.
Here on Grandpa's 100th Birthday
July 12th, 1991
Love the party hats and atmosphere! 


One more special celebration at this time of year...
Here I am on July 12th, 1976 with my hubby when we got engaged.
We set the timer up on the camera and took this pic of ourselves!!!

I am constantly  reminded of all the celebrations, traditions and tends in my life as certain special dates pass by. I have always been one to remember special dates in my life... and now it is so much fun to recall them all again as I go through the many old photo albums of mom's... which I have in my "STOCK" in the garage!!!

I LOVE going through old memories and am so glad we have pictures to keep them alive!

Yesterday my friend, Linda, from Lanigan, came for a fun girlfriend bond with me. We traditionally always go to STARBUCKS and have a "FLUFFY" coffee of some sort...
yesterday it was a latte!
We try to get a pic together each time, too, in fact this past Christmas I created a book on the MAC computer iphoto program as a gift to Linda with the many STARBUCKS pics to date.
 It is amazing how many we have... lots have become pics on her birthday cards as well!!!
I LOVE the fun we have always... and the STARBUCKS TRADITION
we have created for ourselves, too!

I was reminded yesterday after reading an email from my cousin, Darcy, that today would have been my mom's dad's birthday. This year mom and her dad, (my grandpa) can share his birthday cake together in heaven.

Darcy and her husband will celebrate their 41st wedding anniversary tomorrow. I still remember their wedding like it was yesterday!
I felt so honored to be in the wedding party as Darcy's ONLY bridesmaid.
Happy Anniversary to them for tomorrow.

Today is my nephew Brad and his wife, Janelle's wedding anniversary.
Hard to believe a year has past since then already... Happy first to them as well!


July 12th also was a special date to remember with Grandpas... My dad's dad lived to be 100. What a milestone that was. We often had family reunions revolving around the birthdays for that Grandpa. His 100th was a big one with all the relatives on his side attending and many performing little songs, acts, skits, dances, etc.
So many fun memories revolve around the family reunions.
I just love looking through all the pictures to go with those as well!

Right now the dance studio I work with... "BSOBAD"
(Brenda's School Of Baton And Dance)
Is competing in CHICAGO.
I see by comments on Facebook, that they are all having fun and making many fun memories to celebrate, too.


This coming weekend my hubby, Brian, and his dad, Greg, are headed to a family reunion in
St. Gregor to celebrate the era of his dad. Brian has been studying up on all his history and background as of late, too. Must be the time we are at in our lives when we can really appreciate the family roots and find it so interesting.

Brian is loving recalling all his memories of his growing up years as well.

Traditions, celebrations, and
cherished memories
are what make our lives so special.

Nothing is more special than sharing
FUN, FUN, times!
Then putting all the memories into
words and rhymes.
There is so much in life to
remember and celebrate.
Fun to see old photos and
recall the times so great.
As I look back through pictures
in the albums that are old,
They bring back many memories ,
I value just like gold!
Sharing times so treasured with family
and with friends...
Make my life so cherished through traditions and through trends!




3 comments:

  1. Another terrific blog, full of traditions & celebrations, it's great when we can remember & collect all the good memories of fun times and fun things a family gathers together. To remember and to celebrate our memories is a tribute to our family members who are no longer with us..and your blog has me remembering many good times of family traditions. I love the 'old' photos and the new ones of course (you & Linda:) it's nice to see your grandparents also...love their 'ages' for sure...I know you will be blessed with a long life also...because you're 'their' earth Angel...a BEAUTIFUL tribute to celebrations & traditions..thank you for sharing Diane ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... this definitely took me way far down memory lane!
    I have so many fond memories of my past and now it is fun looking through the old albums... I knew i would get around to doing that sooner or later... now I need to get to the rest of the treasures in my garage! hehehe... Anyhow... thanks againI appreciate your comments always!
    xoxo Diane:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice 'meeting' your family. Now I know where you get your amazing positive attitude. Thanks for sharing and without even knowing it, showing the importance of remembering/respecting and celebrating one's heritage. Keep up the amazing words/work!

    ReplyDelete