Sunday, July 24, 2011

FRiENDS... FAMiLY... FooD... and FUN!

"That is the best- to laugh with someone because you think the same things are funny."
-Gloria Vanderbelt


"Laughter is an instant vacation."
-Milton Berle


"A Loving heart is the truest wisdom."
-Charles Dickens



Here are Brian and the kids today on a lunch break at our Blackstrap boating adventure! 


Mariah happy on the boat today 


Nels on the boat today 


Jana and Mariah tubing today on the rocky waters of Blackstrap! 


A little beach break to build some castle in the sand! 


Jana and her kids enjoying the park area of the Blackstrap beach 


Mariah and her poppa eating some yellow chips! 


Me with my friend Lynne in Regina yesterday having
 a little toast to the guys as they made us a delicious supper!
CHEERS!


The guys doing a CHEERS with their BEERS! 


One of the yummy dishes to barbeque...
prepared by the hubbies while Lynne and I
enjoyed an afternoon of shopping in Regina yesterday!
YUM!!!


And a fun game of KAISER followed the delicious barbeque supper on the deck.
Did you know that the card game of KAISER was a SASKATCHEWAN game???
Here are Lynne and Mike shuffling the cards and ready for an evening of laughs! 


Here was Mariah when she came with her daddy to pick up Beau
 on Friday after our day of babysitting...
Mariah was modelling the BEE hat I got a week or so ago!
She BEE so cute in it! 


Beau was into a yellow balloon on Friday when I babysat him...
he also enjoyed some Cheese sticks! 



Every where Beau went...  so did the yellow balloon!

I  had a FABULOUS weekend of Friends, Family, Food and FUN!

Friday when Beau came for his day with Grammie and poppa... he came with a yellow balloon on a ribbon. He was so attached to this balloon and entertained by it all day!
My brother Brian popped by for a visit in the afternoon, too, and we had some chuckles watching Beau babbling as he toddled around with the balloon.

Saturday we got up early and took a road trip to spend a day with our good friends, Lynne and Mike in Regina. They used to be our next door neighbours years ago.
We have remained super friends ever since.

The girls did an afternoon of fun shopping while the guys went out and got some delicious ingredients for a fabulous barbeque supper. Both of the guys love to cook and they
are good at it, too!

Lynne and I went for a little walk after supper to work off some of the big dinner before getting into a game of Kaiser with the guys. We always played that game when they lived next door, and continue that fun every time we get together! It is a great card game apparently created in Saskatchewan. We always play girls against the guys... The girls won  the first round while the guys won the last 2...
( but they might have cheated!!!)
Lynne and I are often busy visiting while we play and don't pay close attention!!!...
but it is all fun regardless.

Today we got up early and after a great breakfast in Regina, we headed off to meet Jana, Nels and the kids for a day on the boat at Blackstrap. They met us there with the boat, when we were on route home from Regina.

It was rather coolish and very windy, but Jana and Mariah braved getting out on the tube behind the boat. Brian and I had picked up some lunch to have as a picnic there after boating and we had a little play on the beach before heading back home.

Today is my sister-in-law, BEV'S birthday.
I just called her and had a little visit with her and wished her birthday greetings on the phone.

So life is good... it was a FUN weekend for sure filled with all the things I enjoy a lot...
FRIENDS, FAMILY and FOOD...
and when added together it was FABULOUS!

Brian has taken the last 2 weeks off and heads back to work tomorrow.
I will do another Monday of Babysitting BEAU.
I always enjoy my babysitting days with my little man... hard to believe in 2 weeks from today he will be a year old already!
Time sure flies!

Family, friends, food and fun...
Makes me feel like I have won!
Smiles, chats, and laughs galore...
Who could really ask for more?
A family day out in the boat,
Splashed around on tubes that float,
Building castles in the sand,
A weekend filled with FUN so grand! 


4 comments:

  1. Just terrific to see everyone having fun enjoying food and friends...the perfect weekend it sounds like to me. Glad you had a great weekend with family and friends. I love little Beau's outfits..he is just so special and cute too. Thank you for sharing your wonderful weekend and your great photos,,always nice to see for sure..( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I appreciate your comments always as well!!! We felt we had a great weekend before Brian heads back to work today again. Thanks for reading! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Diane - your days are so full and so fun. Cramming every bit of sunshine and love and laughter into them that you can. Thanks for sharing. Don't know how you can just whip up a poem, put words together that come out so happy - with pictures to boot! Great blog. Keep up good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thanks Arlene...I sure appreciate my ARLENE friends for their constant comments here on the blog site... I'm glad you enjoy the blog... and I enjoy and value what you share with me always, too! xo Diane :)

    ReplyDelete