Thursday, July 14, 2011

RELAX & have FUN!

"Life is about sharing."
-Yoko Ono


"Through love, through friendship, a heart lives more than one life."
-Anais Nin


"The best way to wake up with a smile on your face is to go to bed with one already there."
-Richard C. Miller



Here is my sisterfriend, LYNNE, from Regina
with me at "LUSH" after a lovely hand massage!
Lynne used to always say "RELAX" when the kids were small...
so this sign was perfect as our background! 


Lynne and I sharing "HAPPINESS" and friendship
after a fun day of shopping! 


SHUFFLE is 3 years old sometime in July,
so we put on the party hat to make her feel special! 


SHUFFLE felt like a real honored "PARTY GIRL"
She enjoyed the party hat experience! 


Sharing another great barbeque on the deck.
Brian is such an awesome cook,
 Lynne and I felt pampered after coming home
 after a couple days of shopping to his delicious meals. 


We "BEE" celebrating a few different fun events and feeling a little BUZZ!
This was one of my BEE-lightful and silly purchases ...
Lynne and I are both DOLLARAMA- GRAMMAS!"


A special little gift from my FB friend EXTRA-ORDINAIRE, ARLENE, from BC.
Very cute G and D in Beatrix Potter  figurines to stand for "GRAMMiE D"
A sweet little glass bird in a cute box with a saying in it that read...

Thinking of You
I have you in my thoughts today,
And hope you think of me:
You are a friend who's very dear,
As you will always be.


Mariah and Beau enjoying some popsicles after their "MAX"ARONI!
I was out of purple ones, though... so Mariah had to settle for a pink!
Beau likes any color!!!
 


Brian enjoying time with his grandson this week off for him! 



My brother Brian over for another visit with Beau on monday!
Beau enjoying a little ride in a toy bucket with wheels!!!! 


More Grammie D- Beau bonding monday ...
I just love this little guy, he brings so many smiles!

I have had whirlwind of fun times the last four days since my last blog writing on Sunday.
Monday was another babysitting day and Brian had this week off so he was here to enjoy his grandson with me. My brother Brian popped by for a visit as well, then.

Mariah and Beau were here for supper then and enjoyed "MAXARONI" and popsicles before their mommy came to pick them up.

Tuesday was my 35th year anniversary of my engagement to Brian... (RAB as so many of my relatives know him as!) In honor of that occasion I posted a pic of our engagement to Facebook and it got lots of attention in comments and thumbs up! I posted the same one in my previous blog as well!
It is truly hard to believe 35 years have passed by already, but it has been an
enjoyable ride for sure.

My sisterfriend, LYNNE, from Regina was on a week off from work so came to the city for a few days of girlfriend bonding. She used to live next door to us, so we have so many memories that go way back, and now we have so much fun rehashing old memories and making more new ones to add to those!

We did some serious shopping and shared our grandma experiences, and enjoyed being pampered, too!

 We had a hand massage at LUSH in Midtown Plaza and then had a couple pics there as well.
Brian spoiled us with his fantastic cooking.
We went out for two solid days of shopping and came home to his delicious barbequed suppers.

We watched our favorite shows on TV... SYTYCD and America's Got Talent. We also went for a nice long walk in the park and had many laughs!

On Tuesday I received a wonderful little surprise package in the mail.
Isn't it fun getting mail for real?!

I have mentioned my Facebook friend, Arlene in past blogs. She sent me a little gift of friendship just out of the blue. I felt so special. In addition to the darling ornaments photographed above, she sent a nice letter, some recipes all including CHOCOLATE and some pictures of her family from her years gone by.
She is such a caring human being... and I am lucky to share her friendship on FB through words of kindness and love!

This morning Jana popped by for a brief visit with her kids while Lynne was still here before she headed back to Regina. Jana and Lynne's daughters Kristi, and Carly were very close growing up, not just by being our neighbours, but through dancing and friendship as well.
It was nice for them to have a little visit together, too, and share updates on Kristi's little girls and Jana's kids, along with the news of Carly's recent engagement.

Brian is hoping for some boating weather soon. Today is now warming up but it was pouring rain this morning and we woke up to avery loud crack of thunder!

My seize the day calendar says this today...
"That is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great."
-Willa Carter

The last few days have been filled with a ton...
My girlfriend came for some days filled with fun!
So much we did... in so little time,
The joys that we shared , were all so sublime.
Also a week filled with grandkids, too,
And my hubby was home to relax for a few.
I also received some love in the mail...
From a friend who is there for me without fail!
A celebration week in so many ways...
And a week that had so many fun days.
It was all about things that I enjoy most,
And a week to raise my glass and just toast!





3 comments:

  1. A very heart warming Blog Diane, I loved it all. Thank you for the lovely comments, I appreciate the tribute to our friendship, it's indeed a special blog.
    Thanks for sharing your photos, Beau is just so handsome and Shuffle is too cute in her party hat..a real 'party animal' hehe. You are indeed having fun with your friend Lynne, the smiles on your faces say so..your hubby sounds like a wonderful cook & host too. Love love the poem..a copy would be nice ( ; Thank you for sharing...and caring xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Arleena/ Arlene!
    I love to receive comments from you every blog... I look forward to them... and I was thrilled you sent me such a wonderful surprise package in the mail... and it wasn't even my birthday!!! hehehe I for sure will send you a copy of the poem, too. I'm flattered that you would like a copy!
    Thanks again for all the loyalty to the blog and for being such a FB friend Extra-ordinaire! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reading, Diane. Even though I am not liking the heat, you can say so many positive things about it. Love your 'tude' girl.. You are easy to love! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete