Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SuMMeRTiMe FuN!

"Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters."
-Margaret Peters


"There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness."
-Lady Blessington


"Anything, everything, little or big, becomes an adventure when the right person shares it."
-Kathleen Norris



Ah... this is the life!
Beau has his shades, a hat and the luxery of a soft chair
by the doggie along with the MUM MUM cookie to share!


Shuffle sporting the shades long enough for one photo! 


Beau enjoying the cool splash of the Dora Sprinkler
 by his little paddling pool in our yard on monday 


Mariah looking like a little summer time beauty
with her big flower in her hair. 



Mariah started swimming lessons yesterday at the Lakewood Centre.
This is in doors...and was super duper hot yesterday! 


Mariah singing her little Justin Bieber song...
U Smile ... I Smile!
This was before sunday's barbeque supper. 


Mariah pushing Beau on the swing
after sunday's supper...
a couple of happy little campers! 


A delicious barbeque supper on sunday...
 in this photo 4 generations 


Here is Brian and me boating together at Blackstrap this afternoon


Cutest little BEE ever!
 


Beau thinking poppa BEES so funny!

There has been a lot of activity around here lately and lots of it has been out doors in the sunshine.

It is amazing what 
SUNSHINE and GRANDKIDS 
do for the soul.

Sunday morning we joined Jana, Nels and kids on the outdoor patio for a Fuddrucker breakfast in the sunshine.

Later that day we planned to go boating, but the plan sort of didn't happen... instead we had a nice family barbeque here. Brian's parents came along with my brother Brian, and Jana, Nels, Mariah and Beau.

We have been really enjoying our deck and barbeque a lot this summer, and Brian is a good chef, I might add!

Yesterday was a babysitting day and with Brian into a second week of holiday time he was around to help and enjoy Beau, too. It was a scorcher out, so we got lots of use out of the outdoor water toys for Beau.

Mariah began her swimming lessons yesterday and appeared to be having fun when we popped by to watch for a few minutes. 

Today Brian and I went boating to blackstrap and it was a perfect day to be in a boat.  The sun was shining in a perfectly blue sky and there was no wind. I enjoyed that and it was my first time boating since we bought the boat in April.

This evening Brian and I went out to one of our favorite restaurants in the city for a few appetizers on the roof top of ATHENA.

Food and summer seem to go hand in hand
and  apparently my exercising has slowed down! YIKES!!!

I do feel I get some exercise though chasing after Beau when ever he is here. I have also enjoyed some early morning walks with Shuffle, 
through the park, too.
The park smells so fragrant at this time of year.

We have been lucky this past week or so to have lovely summer weather and it does make a person feel good. With this heat, though, our air conditioner keeps freezing up... so the house can get hot, as well.

There is always lots going on it seems and many photos being snapped as well... 
( sometimes I have a hard time picking which ones to use in the blog!) 
Therefore I have been posting a few more on my FB page but for those of you who aren't on FB... you will have to settle for the ones 
I chose for the blog!

I have SYTYCD taping on TV now... so will finish up this and go watch that. 4 nights a week I am entertained with dancing... and have been enjoying that as well!

I hope this finds all my "BLOG READERS" enjoying the SUMMER TIME and all that it offers!

Summer time is so much fun...
Especially when there is lots of sun.
There is no end to what we can do,
And lots of it involves eating, too!
So even though I exercise,
I eat too much which isn't wise...
But summer is a time to share,
With all the loved ones and show we care.
So from eating lots and kind of bloating...
To swimming and splashing and going boating,
I am loving summer time...
Yep... I sure am... it's so sublime!

4 comments:

  1. A great blog Diane..love the theme and the quotes. Your photos of everyone are just great...sun & fun aren't they just so good together. I just enjoy reading your blogs and always love seeing the photos and reading your quotes & poem..Thank you for sharing my sweet friend. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I love your comments as well... thanks for always "TAPPING" into my SIMPLE life and making it SPECIAL! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is nice. You certainly nailed summer. I will have to come back and read this one in January, when I will wish once again for some of this heat. Loved your poem.. Good stuff, once again. keep journaling your golden moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much... Summer fills my hearts with the song of life for sure!

    xoxo:)

    ReplyDelete