Wednesday, July 6, 2011

HaPpiNeSs...A to Z!

As I sit down to write my blog this morning I am drinking my Vanilla-Hazelnut Coffee out of the white mug with red polka dots, with these words inside it...


"Whoever smiles first wins!" 


"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
-Mahatma Gandhi


"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."
-The Dalai Lama



This sign is in our kitchen and we see it many times a day!
It says...
"Seek Happiness"
when happiness is actually a choice
(the cherries on it remind of  the cute song
"Life is just a bowl of Cherries")


One of the many pics I wanted to add to my blog on mom's birthday last week.
This was taken at cousin Gwen's birthday celebration 3 summers ago,
and I love how happy mom looks here with Mariah. 


Gift wrapping at Christmas time makes me happy... and wrappy!
Here is a pic in our basement of some of the many gifts I wrapped in December 2010.
I also like the polka dot HAPPY HOLIDAYS mat out front, too!


Crafting cards makes me happy...
 here are a few of my first attempts at
"TAPPINESS" cards with my old tap shoes on them! 


Celebration of LOVE!
Here is a pic of me and Brian on our last anniversary in 2010 ...
We will celebrate our 35th this coming November...
Here is to LOVE and the BEST hubby I could hope for!


OK... this takes me way back... How Happy is this photo???!!!
Here are my cute kids... Colin age 2 and a half and Jana age 6 months.
(I see a little of Beau in both of my kids!!!)
... and how about those curls of Colin's? 


Just a little of what made me happy last week...
 Jazz Festin' and Starbucks... ah the perfect combo! 


Beau's happy little face on our ride home from the lake on this past Sunday.
He was sleepy but still smiling! 


Another pic of Mariah and her little friend, Ty...
looking very HAPPY in the boat last Wednesday at Blackstrap.


One of Beau in his little toy basket...
He is a cute little "BASKET CASE!!" 


Mariah a couple of weeks ago here for a sleepover.
She was doing her "GRANDPA" impersonation!!!
What a little character she is... she always makes me smile!


Today as I took Shuffle for an early morning walk I enjoyed the sights,.... the sounds of my soundtrack to life on my ipod... and smells of the sweet blossoms along the way. I was thinking about what to do my blog about today after doing a lot about JAZZ FEST for the last bit.

Yesterday I was kind of in Jazz Fest withdrawals... so needed to focus on something cheerful, and decided what better subject than "HAPPINESS!"


Something that made me so happy yesterday was a random call from Colin in the middle of the day. He was so sweet and thoughtful and it meant so much to me,
 as we do not hear much from him!
It definitely made my day and brought me much HAPPINESS!

When I was in grade five I wrote a speech on "Happiness" and ended up being chosen to go into the oratory contest for our entire school with it. Each class from grades 4-8 chose one student to represent their class and speak at oratory night. I ended up placing second place over all. I know I saved that speech because I was pretty proud of it, but when I went to look for it today, I got sidetracked, finding many other treasures such as report cards and old diaries and journals. However, I didn't find my speech!
I do remember the first line of it still though....
It was...

"Did you ever stop to think what makes you happy?"

So with that thought in mind, I decided to pick one word for each letter of the alphabet. Some letters I could have chosen many words for...
but I limited myself to these choices today.

Enjoy my little Alphabet of Happiness!!!

A-Angels, B-Blogging, C-Chocolate,
D-Dance, E-Enthusiasm, F-Friends,
G-Grandkids, H- Husband, I- Independence,
J- Jazz, K-Kisses, L- Love,
M-Music, N-Nostalgia, O-Opportunities,
P-Polka-Dots, Q-Quirkiness, R-Relatives,
S-Stickers, T- Tap, U-Universe,
V- Vanilla, W-Water, X- Xmas,
Y-Yoga, Z-Zest

All my blog readers might want to see if they can create their Happiness list A-Z with only one word per letter!

"Happiness can be caught, sought or thought, but never bought; the best way to keep happiness is to share it."

"Happiness held is the seed, happiness shared is the flower."

these two little quotes were from a book called "Happiness"
 I gave my parents in 1993
by Marcia and Dave Kaplan

Happiness is often found in the littlest of things,
Like in the many words of songs that one sings.
Chocolate cake and coffee with lots of extra fluff!
Blogs, crafts, pictures, stickers and lots of stuff!
Dancing with my grandkids
as I watch them grow,
I can just find many things
that I love, you know.
A polka-dot can bring a smile
to me that is a mile long...
Music is my soundtrack, I really love a song.
I love my family and my friends,
and oh how I feel blessed.
There are so many things that make me
happy and at my best.
My Tap shoes make me dance away,
and bring me Tappiness!
And everyday there is no end to what will make my HAPPINESS!









3 comments:

  1. I know what brings me 'happiness' it's reading your blog that is always so full of happiness, color and humor...and the photos you share. I do love your sense of humor...it's good to find humor and happiness in all things we do though out our day, I like to think happiness & love cannot be bought... UNLESS it's buying coffee..that makes me HAPPY and that's why I LOVE it..hehehe.
    Thank you for always sharing your happiness & love for life, it's a great, I love it ..( : xo
    Loved the alphabet of 'happiness' too..VERY clever ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH... Thanks Arlene... I LOVE that you always read my blog... that also brings me HAPPINESS, too!!! hehehe xo Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible, fun read - again! Even when you were young, you were spreading happiness!! Can't say it enough, GOOD STUFF!

    ReplyDelete