Tuesday, July 26, 2011

LiFTED SPiRiTS!

As I sit down to do this little blog this morning I am drinking my morning Vanilla flavored coffee out of my red mug with white dots that says...
"LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT"


"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you will land among the stars." - Lester Lewis Brown



BEAU had lifted spirits yesterday out in the sunshine going through the Dora Sprinkler! 


Mariah wanted a picture from the top of the stairs on Friday when her and her daddy came for Beau.
Her spirits are always flying high! 


Just a cute moment in the hallway on friday Mariah telling Beau abut her day as she had some of her favorites... "Yellow Chips!" 


These two guys keep my spirits high! 


Beau playing peek a boo... or should I say...
"PEEK- A- BEAU!"
It's no wonder we need new blinds... he has pulled about half of this set out!!! hehehe 


My little "drueler"... putting this toy on his head for a hat...
He always makes me smile... and laugh! 


Lately it just takes a BALLOON on a ribbon to help keep BEAU'S spirits high! 


BEAU is truly a little water baby... he couldn't get enough of the Dora sprinkler yesterday! 


BEAU met a new little buddy yesterday when our friends from BC popped by for a visit...
meet Morgan's son, QUINN. 


This little guy always picks me up!


Yesterday I thought of mom as I often do on a monday! Mom passed away in the early morning hours of the morning on a MONDAY... the 25th of October. Yesterday was not only a monday, but it was a 25th as well. It is funny how things like that bring memories... But I just got up and took Shuffle for an early morning walk in the park and my spirits felt lifted...it was as if mom was there on the walk with us! 

Yesterday was Brian's first day back to work after 2 weeks off. It was another babysitting day for me with Beau here all day as well.

I hadn't seen my friend Gailene for a while and she popped by for a visit. She mentioned how much Beau had changed in looks since she last saw him. I guess I don't notice it as much as I see him so often. (And take several pics of him every time I do see him!!!) He is becoming a real little toddler, now, though... walking around babbling always...
He really helps to keep my spirits high! It was fun to reconnect with Gailene.

I also had some more visitors yesterday, too. I used to hang around with neighbours Joan and Ken who once lived down the block form us. They now live in Abbotsford, BC. and have for years. They randomly popped by yesterday,  with their daughter, Morgan and her husband and son, Quinn who was born last December. He is a few months younger than Beau.
It was nice to catch up with them for a bit, too!
Friends are always good to help lift spirits.

This morning I plan to get to the gym ... long over due. It has been at least 3 weeks or longer since my feet have set forth into the gym doorway... so this body could use a little work out for sure... and BODY FLOW is a good class for not only the workout ...
but for the way it lifts the spirits, too.

Later today I plan to help my friend Brenda with some packaging of studio schedules to send out to her dancers for the fall program. I'll look forward to a visit with her then as well.

Beau has been so into balloons lately...
he just loves them... it is something we can all learn from!
Sometimes just the
SIMPLE LITTLE THINGS
make life more SPECIAL!
It often doesn't take that much to
LIFT SPIRITS!

"Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way. "
-Eileen Caddy

"The guardian Angels of life sometimes fly so high as to be beyond our sight, but they are always looking down upon us."
-Jean Paul Richer

Today my horoscope told me to make myself available to someone in need... so I hope I can lift some one else's spirits today, too!

Memories are what it takes
to make a day take flight,
Happy thoughts are good to help
the day go by just right.
Sometimes it takes people to help our spirits fly,
Little ones can lift us up and often they don't try!
Watching Beau walking
and babbling with a balloon,
It's like he is trying to sing his own wee tune!
Seeing friends... that I haven't seen
in a long, long time...
Just sitting down to write my blog...
and finish it in rhyme!
These are things that lift me up,
and keep my spirits high,
And also knowing there are angels...
watching from the sky!

6 comments:

  1. Another great blog, and it did 'raise my spirit' as usual. Whenever I read your blog, it makes me smile and always reminds me to be happy and positive...so I'm positive I LOVE this topic for sure. Your photos are terrific, the ones of Beau are so cute,they remind me to smile for sure. I wish there was a 'like' button here..the one of you & Beau, made me want to 'like' it, so you would know just how much..hehe.
    How true is the quote by 'Jean Paul Richer'.. your Guardian Angel will always watch over you!
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful blog Diane ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I always look forward to your kinds words and comments...and I know you feel you almost n know BEAU now as you have been a part of his life here on the computer since the lead up to his birth!!! hehehe I treasure you as a Friend and your comments do lift my spirits always, too... thanks sweet FB Friend of mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. as I said...'where's that LIKE button..( :
    Thank you my sweet friend, your blog does make me smile...always, and I'm very happy you decided to 'blog' and share them, I loved everyone to date...
    I can hardly wait for your blog and photos after Beau's birthday, I just know they will be awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH thanks again! I am hoping I get a new blog up here, soon... but my day has been choppy today so far... might wait for the birthday celebration to blog... we will see how it goes... thanks for always checking back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liked the pics - poem, everything. You are such a positive person. Your grandbabies are so blessed, beyond words, to have you. I feel the same when I visit your blog. You happy me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH... I love that ... "HAPPY ME UP" saying... might have to work that into a future blog... thanks so much Arlene! I love blogging and sharing my life for who ever wants o be a part of any of it! The fact that anyone would enjoy reading about it... "HAPPIES ME UP" too!
    Thanks for tapping in once again!

    ReplyDelete