Sunday, July 17, 2011

You SMiLE... I SMiLE!

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. They are but trifles, to be sure, but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is in conceivable."
-Joseph Addison


"Smiles grow and echo
Wherever they go...
They never die;
They simply multiply!"
-William Arthur Ward


"Laughter is the brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of the heart."
Mort Walker


"Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects."
-Arnold H. Glasow





The cutest grandkids I could have ever asked for!
Beau is 11 months here and Mariah is 5 years old


Beau trying to make Shuffle SMILE! 


Mariah watching TV and having popcorn twists and a popsicle! 


A TUB FULL of bubbles and smiles!
Not little duckies on the kids heads...
Mariah said she needed the ANGEL one
 and Beau could have the DEVIL one! 


This little face makes my heart smile always! 


Mariah having a bowl of white ice cream,
her favorite.
This is a little avon ice cream bowl set
is  from way back in mom's avon selling days! 


Beau after a nap on friday...
not ready for the sisterly lovin just yet! 


Beau ready for bed on Friday night's sleepover! 


Mariah never tires of watching
"LITTLE MERMAID 2"
on the computer! 


Poppa Brian finally got the DVD player going so we could enjoy
the Justin Beiber movie together! 



Me with my two kidlets enjoying 
"NEVER SAY NEVER" 


The kids in the kennel watching the movie 


Beau ready to go when his daddy came
for him yesterday! 


Mariah working on Beau for another pose...
Beau wasn't having it this time!

I had a fun filled few days...with lots of
SMiLES!

I babysat Beau all day friday and Mariah joined after a day with her mommy at work, for a sleepover.

Mariah was singing a little song all day friday that went "YOU SMILE, I SMILE".
I thought it was so cute and later found out it was in the JUSTIN BIEBER movie
"Never say Never".

Brian drove his dad to a reunion in St. Gregor on friday so I was with Beau and Mariah on my own and also had Shuffle, till around 9 PM Friday.

 Mariah had a few too many SWEET snacks
and was a bit hyper!
OOPS... Grammie D has to remember not so many SWEETS for that little free spirit!

Sleep overs mean a little less sleep for
Grammie D...
Beau woke up at 4 AM for a diaper change
and bottle...and
Mariah was awake for the day at 6 AM!

Brian was the smart one and moved downstairs to sleep in the cool basement with Shuffle!
They slept in till at least 8!

When Brian got up he got the DVD player working and we enjoyed watching the Justin Bieber movie. I was actually impressed with the story of this teen idol and also impressed to see the influence his grandparents had on his life and success growing up,
instilling good values along the way!
I enjoyed his talents and music ... and can see why Mariah finds him cute, too.
As a baby, Justin kind of resembles Beau!

When Nels came for the kiddies yesterday morning around 10 AM... I was exhausted from all the fun we had... and ready to let them go back home again!

Today is Mariah and Beau's other
Grandpa's birthday...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA ARVID!

Brian and I also went to the farmer's market yesterday and the wake board event by the river...and later went to a barbeque at friends, Cal and Julie's . It is always fun to catch up with friends from the past!

Never a dull moment... and possibly today we may get out in the boat, too!!!

SMiLES
There are so many things
that bring SMiLES to my face...
Like having my two grandkids
with me at my place!
Watching TV and movies,
while Mariah does a dance,
She is a real free spirit...
and really loves to prance!
She also loves to boss around
her little brother, Beau,
One day when they get older,
that will reverse I know!
I love the happiness that the two of them create,
But after they've been here a while,
a break is also great!
Seeing friends from in our past is also really fun,
It's fun to reconnect again
and chat with everyone.
Doing things with family, makes me SMiLE too...
It is the many SMiLES in life,
that help me carry through!

4 comments:

  1. I like this, Diane. Been a bit out of touch with you and everybody. Nicely written, great read, good poem. Don't know how you do it so frequently. Thanks for sharing the love of your special family. I have lots more fun reading on your happy blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene... I missed you and your comments while you were away... Thanks for tapping in once again to see what we have been up to! xoxo Diane:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great blog...sorry I 'almost' missed it..I've just got to make these (your blogs) a priority from now on..hehehe. I really did miss reading them tho..
    I love the photos, as usual and the 'quotes' they always make me 'smile'...especially the photos. I love seeing Beau & Mariah ham it up...they always look like they're having a good time with each other...makes me SMILE for sure. Thank you for sharing your happy fun times with your family...always nice to start the day with a smile ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks my Arlene friends for tapping in always and leaving comments... I value what you say...and am glad you enjoy my blog!
    xo diane

    ReplyDelete