Monday, July 4, 2011

Here's to LIFE... (and all that jazz!)

Yesterday as I listened to the last song of the last concert I was at for me at this year's Jazz Festival, the singer sang a great song called "HERE'S TO LIFE" which has such a great message in it not to mention it was the perfect summary of my whole week of Jazz Festin' and all the other celebrations last week to now!


Here are a couple lines from that song...


"Here's to life and every joy it brings,
Here's to life, to dreamers and their dreams."
-(not sure who wrote this one!)


"Take from every moment its unique meaning and you will be surprised by joy that fills you."
-Anna Trimiew


HAPPY JULY 4th to all my AMERICAN 
Relatives and friends. I dressed BEAU in red, white and blue today in your honor! 


Happy Birthday today, also... to my dear 
Auntie Mary and my cousin's hubby, Jeff as well.



Here is little Beau this morning in his RED, WHITE and BLUE sleeper in honor of all my AMERICAN FRIENDS and RELATIVES this fine JULY 4th! 


Here was SHUFFLE looking very patriotic on our
CANADA DAY July 1st.
She is proudly sporting her Red maple leaf bandana
with a nice Canadian flag hanging from her kennel! 


Here is BEAU enjoying time in the tub... doing a little "SPLASH DANCE!" 


Here is Great Grandpa Greg with Beau on Canada Day...
Beau is sporting some red digs for the day including some little maple leaf socks. 


The Wedding we attended in Elk Ridge Lodge on Saturday, July 2nd.
It was a beautiful setting for a beautiful wedding.
The weather couldn't have been more perfect for an outdoor celebration. 


Here we are dressed up for the wedding
between the ceremony and reception.
 


An evening shot outside the lodge of the newly weds...
JONATHAN and CHANTELLE 


This is where the wedding was... Elk Ridge Lodge.
The entire event was there and we stayed in the hotel too. 


Mariah in a water tube at SHELL LAKE on the weekend, ready for some boating fun! 


Brian holding Beau at our final Jazz Festival concert in the park for 2011, yesterday. 


Brother Brian popped by today earlier and here is Beau enjoying some grated cheese! 


Who's in the doghouse now?


As a fun filled 10 days of Jazz Fest wrapped up yesterday... I couldn't help think what a great LIFE I live!
In addition to JAZZING it up, there were many celebrations happening within that time frame.
I managed to make it to 9 out of the 10 days of the festival, missing only this past saturday, due to a lovely wedding we attended at Elkridge Lodge just outside of Waskesiu.
What a beautiful setting that was for the
couple getting married.

We were really close friends with the groom's parents, LLOYD and JUDY, when we lived in our last house on Laurentian Drive, 28 years ago. They were actually Jana's GOD PARENTS and we became their JONATHAN'S
God parents as well.

Although we don't see much of Lloyd and Judy or their kids Cary and Jonathan, we always pick up right where we left off when ever we get together again.
We had many laughs and shared lots of memories over the weekend.

It brought this saying to mind...

"Good friends are like stars... you don't always see them, but you know they are always there."
-author unknown

Yesterday on our way home from Elk Ridge, we took some time to drive the 10 minute drive into Waskesiu. We are doing a little lake trip there later this summer, too, so Brian can get boating!

We also took a little jog out of our way on the trip home to Shell Lake where Jana, Nels and the kids were boating for the day. We picked up Beau and brought him home with us, so they could go tubing and not have to worry about Beau getting his sleeps etc.

We took Beau to the last Jazz Festival concert for me this season in the park. As I said above the final song was "HERE'S TO LIFE"

As always I was fully into the Jazz Festival and loved every minute of it. I have many more fond memories to save in my memory bank and lots of pictures to go with that as well.
(One can never have TOO MANY!!!)

We kept Beau over night last night and I had him all day. He has a little cold so wasn't quite himself heath wise, but was still in pretty good spirits, none the less.  Brother Brian dropped by after his golf today to see Beau walking. He sure enjoys time spent with Beau.

 My sister-in-law Bev was over last night, and my other sister-in-law, Brenda and my nephew Maxwell were also over friday to see how Beau is now getting around!

Beau's first steps on his own have become quite an attraction!!! Such a highlight in a little one's LIFE!

I do find Beau keeps me busy... so I am played out after a day of chasing after him! I enjoy him so much though, and it is as good as going to the gym for a workout (hehehe)!

I got an email forward today saying there are 5 fridays, saturdays and sundays in this month of July. Apparently that only happens every 823 years... wow who knew!???
(Just thought I'd share that little tidbit of trivia!)

Well I am enjoying my LIFE and loving my summer so far... it's all good... so on that note... HERE'S TO LIFE!

Here's to so many fun things in life...
From jazz, to birthdays, to becoming a wife.
To proudly celebrating our countries, too...
From Red and White... to Red, White and Blue!
From being a wee baby... to learning to crawl,
To taking the very first steps, too, when small.
There is always something going on it seems,
Always a reason to chase after our dreams.
Each single day makes life so much fun,
It's worth every minute... oh yes every one!
Whether in the fast lane, or just floating along,
LIFE, when it's captured is like one big song.
Live LIFE to the fullest...
 make each moment count.
LIVE, LAUGH, and LOVE
in the largest amount!



5 comments:

  1. A great blog...I'm happy to finally get here & read it..I loved it, loved the pics & poetry...
    The wedding pictures (dresses) were beautiful and the hotel looked magnificent, you & Brian looked fab, it's nice to see you spiffed up, I love your LBD look too!
    I hope you and the family will enjoy many hours of fun family boating..and the weather remains 'boating friendly'..Thank you for sharing your wonderful week of Jazz also, I loved 'reading' about it & seeing the photos posted here in your blogs. Have another great week (what's left of it that is...: ) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arleenea/ Arlene!
    I always love your kind and sweet comments here on my blog site! We had a fun filled week of jazz and other celebrations for sure... this week is a little slower going... but will enjoy my babysitting... always something! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for always checking your comments, I know I never check back to see them...but I know you do and that makes me feel special! You are a sweet GrammieD for sure and I hope you have a great day my friend..( : xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for an additional comment to this blog, Alrene... I almost missed this one! hehehe xoxo Diane :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one busy gal.. Yet, effortlessly you take the time to share your life. Thanks for being a joy-giver.

    ReplyDelete