Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ANGEL WiNGS & Other Things!

"Be an angel to someone else whenever you can, as a way of thanking God for the help your Angel has given you."
-Eileen Elias

"We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another."
-Luciano de Crescenzo

"The wings of angels are often found on backs of the least likely people."
-Eric Honeycutt


Mariah sitting in her ANGEL JAMMIES
by the Two Canvas Prints of photos
taken by Chelsea Klette,
of Mariah & Beau!


Two ANGELS in my life...
 my grand daughter, Mariah
and my Daughter, Jana. 


Mariah today happily showing me her
newest lady bug, DOT!
(hehehe... from Angel wings to lady bug wings!) 


Check out how adorable these canvas prints look in my family room!
The big one is 24" by 16"
 the smaller one is 12" by 16".
The big one is my gift from Jana for my year of babysitting Beau.
The smaller (SAD FACE one)
 is for us to send to Colin! 


This is a picture taken in mid June of 2010.
Here is mom, me,
and mom's friends Tryphena and Clara.
This was the last time mom's friends saw her living.
I had picked them up and taken them to visit mom that day at her care home.
Today I saw mom's friend Clara once again!


Keeping in my "ANGEL" theme of the day...
These are some little angels I got around Christmas last year.
I fell in love with them when I saw them and with mom's passing
I began a new collection to remind me of her in Heaven.
I kept them out in my living room all year. 


A SWITCH from ANGELS to WITCHES! 


WITCH way to Homesense???!!!!
Here is my buddy, Gailene, this afternoon
with this very cute Witch at Homesense!


To me ELLEN and STARBUCKS are saviors in my life
They often provide me with a feeling of happiness...
kind of like ANGELS!
I bought Ellen's new book yesterday and took this pic then as well.
I started reading the book last night... so funny just like Ellen!


Today my seize the day calendar said this...

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."
-Mark Twain

And so began my day!

I was all set to do a different THEME for my blog today and almost started writing it this morning, when I received a call from mom's friend, Clara.
We were going to go for breakfast today. I hadn't seen her since mom's funeral last October, but she called me last week to check in on me, and I suggested then that we do a breakfast this week!

However, Clara had a bad fall in the night last night, and was unable to move easily today, so I went to her place with some muffins instead!
When I got there, she was in a lot of pain. She called her Dr. and I went and got her a walker. I took her to see her Dr. and then to an x-ray as well. It did my heart so good to be able to help her out today. She was like a guardian ANGEL to my mom when mom still lived in her apartment. Clara was a neighbour to her there.
I felt this was meant to be ...
it was my turn to return the help to her that she had given to mom. I called later to check in on her, to find out her x-ray said she had
a fractured pelvic bone.
Clara was super appreciative of my help,
so it made me feel good.

Following my morning spent with her, I joined Jana and Mariah for pizza lunch at their house.
Jana presented me with my lovely gift for my year of babysitting Beau....a beautiful canvas picture of my two little ANGELS!
I absolutely love it!

While there I got a call on my cel phone from my friend, Gailene to go for a little girlfriend bond ... so off we went to shop at Homesense. We always have fun and a few laughs when we get together. She came back here for a latte and visit before heading home again.

Brian has been like an ANGEL to his brother, Bruce. He is helping him out this week following his recent surgery, 3 weeks ago.

Yesterday was my sister-in-law,
Arleen's birthday.  She loves ANGELS and has the biggest collection of those!
This is the start of many family birthdays and celebrations to come for the month of October.

Today would have been friend, JAIME'S 33rd birthday. She unfortunately lost her life to cancer at the age of 15. This date always brings her and ANGELS to mind for me.

I noticed on Facebook  today that
"APPLE FOUNDER", STEVE JOBS,
died at the very young age of 56.

The ELLEN DEGENERES FB page
posted this around 6 PM today...
"I just finished my show and I heard the news about STEVE JOBS. He was an amazing man with an incredible vision.
He changed the world."

The STARBUCKS FB page posted this around 5:30 today...
"Thank you Steve Jobs, you made the world a better place.  You will be missed. "

So there must have been a reason I decided early on today to change my THEME of my blog to ANGEL WiNGS...
(& other things!)

It is only 20 days short of a year since my mom became an ANGEL in heaven. I feel her presence daily through so many every day things in my life.

On that note...  my poem for today!

I've been thinking a lot about
ANGEL WiNGS,
And just how they're attached
to so many things.
So many reasons for how they spread love,
From right here on earth,
to the skies up above.
Angels can come in all shapes and sizes,
They can also come 'round
in some sweet disguises.
In all kinds of weather
and every kind of season,
Whenever things happen,
there's always a reason.
And whether or not they've
all earned their wings,
They share lots of love
with the song their heart sings!
You can see them, feel them,
and hear them abound.
Oh... ANGELS
are truly everywhere to be found!

3 comments:

  1. The 'Angel' theme fits you so well Diane, I love it all! It's very touching as well, your photos are terrific, as usual. I really like your 'gifts of appreciation' your daughter is very thoughtful and has great taste for sure. Your 'quotes' were quite fitting for the occasion.
    I loved how you helped out your friend Clara, she appears to be a very nice lady, too bad she had a fall, poor soul. You were her Angel today Diane, I'm sure she feels the same way.
    It's really too bad to hear of Steve Jobs' passing, our technology has surpassed all expectations in communication for sure..it's so sad he was still so young..
    Thank you for a very lovely and touching blog today, you're a sweet Angel for sure..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are an angel here on earth Diane! Love your blog....you are very special and bring a smile to many who know you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Arlene and Brenda... Thanks for your kind comments here on my blog. I consider both of you to be like angels in my life as well. I really was so happy to help my mom's friend today and I prey she heals quickly. She does have a wonderful soul and attitude as well. Thanks again xoxo

    ReplyDelete