Tuesday, October 25, 2011

CuPCaKeS & HaLoS!

TODAY... I CELEBRATE  2 VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE IN MY LIFE... LOVING WISHES TO
   my HUSBAND, BRIAN, and my MOM! 


"A good cupcake is one that can remember the day's blessings and forget the day's troubles."
-Author Unknown


"When you look at a cupcake, you've got to smile."
-Anne Byrn


"If we were all like angels, the world would be  a heavenly place."
Author Unknown


"I guess I never doubted that we were all born to our guardian angel."
-Robert Brault



The Birthday card I crafted for my
HUSBAND BRIAN
He is a wonderful Husband,
Dad and Grandpa, too!


The very cute photo used on the card
of PROUD POPPA BRIAN
and his two special grandkiddies!
(This was taken last Friday
when we babysat them!)


The grandkids, Mariah and Beau  enjoying CUPCAKES with
their POPPA BRIAN last night! 


BEAU with cake on his face... he loved the cupcakes! 


SMiLiNG BEAU last night! 

SHUFFLE loves a reason to party on!


Brian's gift and cupcakes along with party hats
for his special occasion! 


I posted this picture in today's news paper
with this poem I wrote...

It was only a year ago today,
My mom was tired and on her way.
She earned her wings to fly above,
I miss her lots and all her love.
And even though it is real sad,
I know she is again with dad.
So now that we are far apart,
She lives on daily in my heart.

Sadly missed but fondly remembered,
With LOVE, xo her daughter, Diane


Today is a bittersweet sort of day!
I still remember the 5 AM phone call we received from the City Hospital
last year on this date.
Mom had been in the hospital for her final
10 weeks of her life, and so it was expected the end was nearing, but even when expected,
it is hard to get the news.

I am thinking of her always...
and she lives on in my heart. I will always be comforted knowing that she and dad are reunited in heaven once again.

Last year we had celebrated my husband, BRIAN'S BIRTHDAY
the day before, on October 24th with a supper and cupcakes over at Jana's house with the grandkids.  I still remember reading a story to MARIAH that night
by Robert Muench called:
"I'll Love You Forever"
This book is about a mother's ongoing
love for her child, and now seems so fitting to the whole situation. It is quite a tear jerker of a book, but was even more so for me that particular reading of it, knowing that my mom was nearing her end.
That is a memory I will remember for ever.

Once again, this year, we shared CUPCAKES with the grandkids on
the 24th instead of the 25th.
We popped over to Jana's last night with the cupcakes I made and they were a real hit!

Brian and I will go out and celebrate his day with a special meal tonight at a restaurant of his choice. His birthday was very overshadowed last year, so this year we will celebrate it in style!

The 25th of OCTOBER
will always have a mix of celebrations for me from now on,
 I am celebrating two of the
most special people, and I am forever GRATEFUL
that they have both been a big part of my life.

So on that note... here is my poem of the day!

Today is sort of bittersweet...
but I will celebrate.
My mom became an angel,
last year and on this date.
It's also a special birthday
for my hubby oh so dear,
And I can share more happy time
with him, his day, this year!
This will always be a celebration
of two things...
Of birthday cake and party hats...
and also angel wings.
And if I listen closely
there is likely a full chorus,
Of angels singing "Happy Birthday"
just especially for us!
So I'll focus on the happy things
I hold close to my heart,
And cherish every memory
this day brings from the start.
Everything I celebrate
gives each day a lift...
It makes each day seem special,
like ribbons on a gift!


 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to be late in reading this amazing blog. From the 'quotes' to photos and your poem...all in one, I love it. From beginning to end, it was very heart warming and sad, yet with a very happy ending! Your Mother was your first best friend, she will remain in your heart and dreams forever. Your children and their children, will thank you for the wonderful memories (and photos) that you share. Thank you for sharing your wonderful blog and your family memories Diane, I do look forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Arlene, for being there to read my blog and always write a comment here and on Fb, too... you are so sweet and kind. I appreciate your genuine interest always... I consider myself so lucky to have met you and our mothers brought us together... a heavenly thought all round!

    ReplyDelete