Monday, October 3, 2011

TWiCE the FUN!

"One today is worth TWO tomorrows."
- Benjamin Franklin


"People rarely succeed unless they have FUN in what they are doing."
-Dale Carnegie


"A grandchild fills a space in your heart you never knew was empty."
-Author Unknown





Mariah and Beau sitting so nicely together  yesterday morning
after their little sleepover here. 


Beau climbing up the stairs to be with his sister.
He is such a little climber now...
I cannot turn away for a second! 


Jana looking Stunning
as she dropped off the kids here Saturday.
Her and Nels had TWO weddings to attend. 


Another pic of Beau on the swings saturday.
He loves to swing... but can now climb out
of this seat, too!
He really is a little HOODINI! 


A happy smile while Beau enjoyed a popsicle!
By the end of this popsicle...
 there was more on his shirt than in his tummy I am sure! 


My brother, Brian dropped by when he heard I had the kids here.
He really enjoys the kids and the dog, too.
He has been supplying us with lots of
yummy tomatoes from his garden all fall. 


Squeaky clean Beau after his bath! 


Mariah enjoying my Niece Rowen  on saturday night.
They made a set up with the smurfs and buddies behind on the floor!
Then they enjoyed creating dances and later watched movies. 


Mariah idolizes Rowen...
and they have lots of FUN when ever they get together.
Co-incidental the calendar beside them on the table says...
REACH FOR THE STARS!


Shuffle tried on her Halloween BUMBLE BEE costume,
while Brian and Mariah were fascinated
by the magic coloring book! 


Mariah enjoying a little tent with her grandpa.
She loves to share special tent time with him! 


What's the BUZZZZ?!
Shuffle wanted her Halloween costume on again this morning
so I snapped a few more pics of her in it! 


Here is Beau CLIMBING again! 


Beau can get on this coffee table in no time flat! 


Beau sporting his dad's cool shades
 just before they left to go back home! 


Always TWICE the FUN
when my STARBUCKS SISTERFRIEND,
Linda comes to the city to bond!
We TRADITIONALLY get a pic at STARBUCKS
each time we re-unite.


I had  a FUN-FILLED weekend.
Jana and Nels had two weddings to attend on Saturday so we got the grandkiddies for a little sleepover.  There is truly never a dull moment with them from start to finish!

We had a great play out in the backyard first, and then my brother, Brian popped by to drop off some more of his garden tomatoes. He loves coming when the kids are here. He loves the dog, too! We have sure enjoyed all his tomatoes... they have been just so tasty.

In the evening my sister-in-law, Brenda and her daughter, Rowen, popped by to play with Mariah. Rowen is such a sweetheart and is so good with Mariah, too. They played non stop for hours while Brenda and I visited. Beau and Brian eventually went to bed, and Mariah finally fell asleep on the couch watching a movie. Rowen and Brenda went home and I nicely got everything straightened away and my self to bed...and then Beau woke up!
He was full of life at midnight and really had no intentions of sleeping even though
I WAS READY FOR SLEEP!

Beau woke up 3 times more in the night, too, so needless to say, my sleep was not my best one!
We enjoyed all the adventures with the kiddies, though...and it is always twice the fun with the two kids here!

My bestie, Linda, drove in from Lanigan
for the afternoon for
a little girlfriend bond.
We traditionally go to STARBUCKS
and have a photo taken each time!

We always have fun whenever we re-unite, and it has been a couple months since we last met, so we had lots of catching up to do.
We had lots of laughs and fun shopping too, then she carried on back home.

We had my brother, Brian, for supper last night. My hubby, Brian, made a delicious butter chicken recipe... and I have enough to last me all week I am sure of it!

My hubby is off to visit his brother today. I have many projects and things to do, too...

When I opened up an email today I found an email with advice for being happier in life.
The list of 7 were...
1.Talk nice to yourself
2.Connect  with others in conversation and hugs
3.Keep a gratitude journal
4.Physical activity
5.Meditate
6. Help others... volunteer
7.Go Outside for fresh air

That same email went on to say...
"Say Thanks"...
Research says 15 minutes of daily gratitude can dramatically decrease
stress hormones in your body.

Today I am just once again saying THANKS to all my blog readers... I am so grateful for who ever pops by to read about my simple little life!

I am also grateful for my blog... it gives me a purpose and helps to give me a reason to write about all the positives in my life.

With THANKSGIVING fast approaching, what better time to be THANKFUL for everything great in our life!

My oatmeal happy heart tip today said this...
"Be an eternal optimist."
"Be active when possible-every bit helps."

My seize the day calendar says this...
"Kindness is the greatest wisdom."
-Author unknown

So on that note...
here is my poem of the day...

TWO grandkids are even better than one,
But when they're both here,
I don't get much done!
I have lots of laughs
and so much joy in my heart,
There's something so special
in kids from the start.
A coffee and visit
with a best friend is great,
It's DOUBLE the pleasure
and that I can state.
So TWO is just better...
it's TWICE as much FUN!
It makes me a winner
and I feel like I've won!


2 comments:

  1. A terrific mood lifting blog, I love it..from the 'quotes' to photos of the family and right to your poem, it was fantastic for sure. I see your Beau is getting to be a very big/little 'busy body', but a cute one..Shuffle is adorable in her 'bumble bee' costume and the photo of you and Linda is just great to see. I love your list for 'being happier in life'...and the advise your 'quotes' give too. And as always, I loved your poem, you're very good at writing in 'verse' I love that...thank you so much for writing great blogs and sharing them with me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ARleen... I am so grateful that you make such an affort to come by and read and comment on all my blogs... that means so much to me! You are a very special friend for sure. I always enjoy writing them from the picture selection to the quotes and the writing of my poems, too. some are better than others... but it is a fun thing for me none the less... THANKS once again ! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete