Tuesday, October 11, 2011

PURE GRATITUDE!

"As I think of the word "GRATiTUDE", I recall that all things in life are expressed in the simplest words : "Purpose and meaning; Friends and family; Caring and community; Love and work; Appreciation and Gratitude. "
-James R. Bradley


"Gratitude is the rosemary of the heart."
-Minna Antrim


"The Power Of Gratitude
When Grateful thoughts begin to fill your mind,
It's quite amazing that you always find
So little space for worry, doubt and stress,
But much more room, it seems, for happiness!"
-William Arthur Ward



I have so much GRATiTUDE for these two munchkins in my life!
This was a little THANKSGiViNG breakfast yesterday at FUDDRUCKERS. 


Here I am proudly snuggled in with my two favorite kids,
Beau and Mariah



Mariah was busy creating bracelets and other fun stuff
out of her playdough
yesterday morning at Fuddrucker's for breakfast! 


A little pre-thanksgiving STARBUCKS with my cousin GWEN!
I met her there on Sunday afternoon and
my neighbour, Heather, happened to be there, too and snapped a pic of us!
I have so much GRATiTUDE for my friends and relatives...
and for STARBUCKS, too!!!


Here was the first of my THANKSGIVING
suppers at my sister-in-law Brenda's house.
This is my Mother and Father  in-law,
with my nephew, Maxwell and niece, Rowen
*note the artwork in the background,
a painting by Rowen *


PURE SWEETNESS!
This was a little trip we made to the frozen yogurt bar called "PURE"
yesterday afternoon... here is Mariah ready to add the extras to my yogurt for me! 


Mariah featuring our crafted Halloween Wreath
we made together yesterday afternoon!
I am so GRATEFUL she loves to craft with her Grammie D!


We also made a Halloween garland, too!
 


Mariah was all smiles yesterday
as we headed to the basement for crafting! 


Our friends... BOB and JACQUIE
hosted another lovely THANKSGIVING DINNER last night. 


Brian helped with the TURKEY CARVING. 


Other guests and co-hosts were Jacquie's American friends
Diane and Jim visiting from the states. 


Bob doing a THANKSGIVING TOAST! 


I was so GRATEFUL that BRIAN
was back after being in Vancouver for a week.
He missed the first Thanksgiving dinner on sunday, but
was able to be at this one.


Having fun with the clean up... with the red pot holder gloves
and a little Pumpkin lid to a container!

I have nothing but PURE GRATITUDE for the past few days.
Not only did I celebrate THANKSGIVING many times over, but I felt so blessed to be amongst some of my most special people in my life to celebrate with!

Sunday was the start of the celebrations as I met my cousin Gwen for a special little Starbucks gathering for lattes.
I always enjoy when Gwen and I get together for a little catch up on the latest!
... and what better place than
Starbucks to do it?!

Sunday evening I was invited to my
sister-in-law, Brenda and brother-in-law, Mark's place for a delicious Turkey supper.
It was their son, Maxwell's 17th birthday, too,
so it was a double celebration...
therefore the double dessert feature, too!
We had the pumpkin pie and the birthday cake both following the meal.
My parents in-law, Blanche and Greg
were there also, so it was a nice evening and meal out for me.

I was excited to welcome home my hubby, Brian after being in Vancouver later Sunday night. He had been away to visit his brother Bruce this past week.

Yesterday morning the THANKSGIVING celebrations continued as Brian and I met
Jana, Nels and the kids for breakfast at FUDDRUCKER'S. Mariah was busy creating things out of her playdough while
Beau was just his busy little self!

In the afternoon we picked up Mariah while Beau had a nap and took her to the frozen Yogurt place called "PURE". Surprisingly even though there are many, many toppings one can add to the many varieties of yogurt, Mariah likes her vanilla yogurt just plain. She did however help me add toppings to mine, though!

Mariah came back here yesterday for a little afternoon of crafting and fun with us. She enjoys the time she can have her grandparents all to herself. She was such a sweet little girl
and is growing up so fast these days!

Brian and I got an invite to our good friends, Bob and Jacquie's for another Thanksgiving supper last night. It was delicious too... with turkey and all the trimmings along with the traditional pumpkin pie and
whip cream for dessert.

Jacquie had previously broke her foot this week, but insisted on following through with the meal inspite of her mishap. She does an amazing job, too. She had some help from their visiting friends Diane and Jim, as well.

This morning I had PURE GRATITUDE
for the TWO class TWOS-DAY at the gym!
After all my THANKSGIVING
consumption over the weekend...
I needed two classes
to help to burn some of it off!

I truly felt blessed over the weekend, and hope my feelings of Gratitude continue,
because it is an emotion that is to be shared and expressed year round.

More family celebrations coming up...

Today my cousin John and his wife Mary Pat are celebrating their 31st wedding anniversary.

Tomorrow my dad's youngest sister, Betty,
is celebrating a milestone ...
HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY
to my DEAR AUNTIE BETTY in Chicago.
I hope the celebrations are spectacular!

And on that note...
here is a poem to sum up my theme of the day!

I am feeling so grateful in my attitude,
That is what brings out my
PURE GRATITDE!
And believe me,
I'm feeling way beyond blessed
My THANKSGIVING weekend
was truly the best.
There was just so much to make me
feel THANKFUL for,
And SO MUCH TO EAT...
with the ones I ADORE!
I hope to carry that great feeling through,
To all the coming days,
and the months, too!









3 comments:

  1. a wonderful blog full of gratitude and love..it's terrific. Your 'quotes' are so very, and always, full of 'to the heart' points..I love them all of them. Mina Artrim's 'quote' was great.
    Your photos are always so lovely, the one of you and the kiddlets are just adorable, I love to see you smiling with them smiling back, it's great! Your Mariah is getting to be such a little diva too, she's beautiful..like her GrammieD ( : love your Beau's winter hat, he's just too handsome for words...thank you for sharing them and your wonderful life in your wonderfully written blogs Diane xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another perfect weekend in the days and life of Diane. Nice job reporting them in words and pictures and poetry. And I second everything written in the first message..

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear ARLENE SISTERFRIENDS....
    I have nothing but PURE GRATITUDE for you two!
    You are so loyal and faithful to me and my blog...and I am so grateful. I Love having you in my life as pen pals and FB friends... thanks from the bottom of my heart! xoxo

    ReplyDelete